PDA

View Full Version : A missing young lady

RICHARD
10-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Could you all take a second to send out a thought or two for my best friend's niece?

Her name is Kayla Johnson and she disappeared on her way to school Friday morning in the Rancho Cucamonga area, near Los Angeles.

I spoke to my BF and the pain in her voice was pretty telling. She was out putting up 'missing' posters.

The police were notified and her computer was taken to see if she might have met someone over the 'net....

Even tho she was a good student and had no problems at home, I really hope that she ran away and is well.

Thanks.

Samantha Puppy
10-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Oh no, how terrifying for your best friend. I hope and pray for Kayla's safe return. Please keep us posted...

luckies4me
10-14-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your best friends niece. I will send prayers ASAP for a quick and safe return home to her family.

slick
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about this Richard. As if you need any more heartache in your life. What a good friend you are. I pray that she's OK and just staying at a friend's house.

Kayla where are you? Please come home safe. Your family and friends miss you.:(

gini
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Richard, these stories always sadden me beyond belief.

Like you, I will pray that she is safe and everyone will learn the good news very soon.

Foam
10-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Prayers coming your way, Richard..
That's horrible, I really hope she's okay. :(

dukedogsmom
10-14-2003, 02:46 PM
They must be really worried. I know her being a runaway wouldn't be good but I'd much rather that be the case than something else. I hope they find her safe soon!

lovemyshiba
10-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Prayers and good thoughts sent your way for your best friend's niece. I hope she comes home soon!

catland
10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Oh Richard, that's just so scary. I hope she is found soon.

HoRsELUvR
10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
I hope she is ok and that she is found soon.your best friends family is in my thoughts.

RobiLee
10-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Kayla will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please come home safe, Kayla.

Robin :)

anna_66
10-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh Richard, I too hope she only ran away. Your friend will be in my thoughts. Prayers for a speedy & safe return.

ChrisH
10-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers that Kayla will be back home safe and sound very soon.

sammi
10-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Prayers and positve thoughts are being sent out..

slick
10-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Richard: just wondering if it would be appropriate to post a picture of Kayla in case she is spotted????

jenluckenbach
10-14-2003, 04:11 PM
This is so sad. Prayers for Kayla to be safe, where ever she is. And a speedy journey home for her, too.

RICHARD
10-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
Richard: just wondering if it would be appropriate to post a picture of Kayla in case she is spotted????

I will try and get one for posting...

thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers!

LoudLou
10-14-2003, 05:08 PM
What terrible news! Our thoughts and prayers are with you (You are a Great Friend to post this Richard!) and Kayla's Family.

Cookiebaker
10-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Prayers on the way for the Kayla. How very scary, and every parent's worst nightmare!! :eek: :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Oh wow... that's really scary... Hope all goes well from the very bottom of my heart... I am just guessing she is our age, after the computer comment, but I really hope she gets home... how terrifying...

mugsy
10-14-2003, 05:36 PM
positive thoughts coming your best friend's way. I will add you to the list too, you have way too much pain in your life right now.

Cataholic
10-14-2003, 05:55 PM
How awful for the young lady and her family. I hope it is just a case of a runaway..and she will quickly return home. May I ask how old she is?

captain
10-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Ditto your comment Cataholic. I hope she simply "ran away".

RICHARD
10-14-2003, 06:03 PM
She's fifteen years old.

They did broadcast her picture on the local news.

Again, I hope it's just a case of doing something dumb and not the thing that we dread and keep pushing into the back of our hearts.

Miss Meow
10-14-2003, 06:25 PM
I hope she's safe, wherever she is, and comes home soon. Will be sending positive thoughts and hope she is OK.

RICHARD
10-14-2003, 06:40 PM
KCAL 9, the local news station did a report last night,
I also have looked thru the local newspapers and have seen
no story either..
:(

I'll post whatever I see.

tatsxxx11
10-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh Richard:( How awful:( Her family must be frantic; this is every parent's worst fear.:( I hope and pray that she simply ran off for while and will check in very soon. I will be praying for Kayla's safe and swift return.

primabella
10-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Aww Richard what terrible news! :( Some prayers and positives will be sent out her way. Keep us updated. :(

Would you mind if I cross-posted this? I belong to another very busy forum...it may help.

rg_girlca
10-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers out to Kayla and her family that she returns home safe and sound.

Bless you Richard for being such a good friend.

A parents worse nightmare is right.

Aspen and Misty
10-14-2003, 07:25 PM
OMG! I'll keep her in my prayers and will add her to the prayer list at school.

May she have a safe return :(

Ashley

mugsy
10-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Do they have an Amber Alert going??

lynnestankard
10-15-2003, 05:43 AM
OMG poor Kayla and her family I do hope there is some good news very soon. I'm holding her in my thoughts and prayers.

Please Kayla Come Home.

Lynne

lbaker
10-15-2003, 06:51 AM
I am hoping to hear some good news from you today but I do have to ask Mugsy's question.. is there an Amber Alert? Your poor friend must be frantic beyond words after 4 days and 5 nights. I can't even imagine such pain. I'm so terribly sorry. :(

moosmom
10-15-2003, 06:56 AM
RICHARD,

Kayla will be in my thoughts and prayers. As everyone else has said, I DO hope it's just a matter of her wanting to get away and possibly staying at a friend's house. The thought of strange people on the net scares the **** out of me.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Mugsy has a very good point. Have they done an AMBER Alert? That's what it's for.

(((hugs)))

Barbara
10-15-2003, 11:00 AM
I am so sorry for Kayla, for her parents and for you. I hope so much this story will have a good end.

RICHARD
10-15-2003, 11:38 AM
The local CBS affliate (KCBS 2) had a small report on her disapperance last night.....I have searched the net and sites that may have publicized the story......nothing...

Unfortunately the Amber Alert is only broadcast when a child is abducted by someone in a car and there is a description of the vehicle....frustrating as heck...no one has come forward with any info on her yet...

thanks for your thoughts.

cloverfdx
10-15-2003, 11:50 AM
oh no i was hoping for good news, prayers are on the way that Kayla will return home soon.

slick
10-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Still keeping fingers and paws crossed for Kayla's safe return. Hugs to you, your friend and her neice's family. They are very lucky to have a friend like you. I can imagine how helpless you must feel but I guess all you can do is "be there" for support. And we are here for you.

Nomilynn
10-15-2003, 12:19 PM
This is so sad :( I will pray for her safe return.

shais_mom
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Kayla and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
How awful.

Karen
10-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Kayla, you and her family are in our prayers. Hope she is found, safe and unharmed, soon.

ramanth
10-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Keeping Kayla in my thoughts and that she comes home soon or is found.

*hugs*

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2003, 03:44 PM
I'm so sorry to have missed this.
Prayers on the way for Kayla, her family, and you too, Richard.:(

iceyshiver21
10-15-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, I will keep Kayla in my thoughts

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Alright almighty prayer-pet talkers... We need the Cinder and Smokey prayer line.

Come on Cin and Smokey!!! We NEED YOU!

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Hellow, God?

Hi God ~

Nudder problem down here...
Friend of Richard's - Miz Kayla - is missin an we're terribul wurried!

PaLeeze keep Your eye out for her an do Your Best to keep her Safe.
Tell her da Folks reelee Luv her an ask her to Go Home quick-like.

Please Hold her in Your GodsPaws an Guide her safely Home.
An kuld You *whispur* in her Mom & Dad's ears?
Let em know that You're onna case.

Please, Dear God - Keep her Safe.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Ooo Cinder & Smoke {wipes tear from eye} glad you Prayer Pups are on the case.

Richard - is there any news? I can't keep Kayla out of my mind - prayers still winging across the miles.

Lynne

gini
10-16-2003, 10:38 AM
I so hope that there is good news this Thursday about Kayla.

I cannot even imagine going through this nightmare as a parent.

May God hear everyone's prayers for Kayla's safe return.

KYS
10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
How devastating for Kayla's family.
I pray, that she comes home safe and unharmed.
I agree, this has got to be the worst nightmare
for any parent.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Kayla has turned up safe.

Now here's the part where everyone asks questions that I have no answer for..

I took a call this a.m. from my BF. This time she sounded relieved and mad. Seems like Kayla took off with a 37 year old guy....I didn't push for details because now it's a "you are safe/I'm gonna kill you for leaving us in the dark for 6 days"
thing that has to be addressed within the family...

I'm glad she's safe and ticked off that she would do something like that - REALLY TICKED off an adult would be that stupid..

*deep sigh*

time to decompress and shake my head over the whole ordeal

Again,
PET TALK works in mysterious ways.

I still think it should be a religion.

Thanks everyone!!

gini
10-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Richard, Richard, THANK GOD!!

This young gal may need some help now.................and more prayers from us for her mental health.

lbaker
10-16-2003, 11:33 AM
BEHOLD THE WONDERS OF HOPES AND PRAYERS BY PEOPLE THAT CARE * and certain muttdogs with a special prayerline to God * Thank you Richard for letting us know so quickly. Now go decompress and Gini is right, unfortunately the whole thing is not over yet but you are right too, it's family time. Ahhhh.. this is such good news it makes me cry, but a good cry.

catland
10-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Richard - this is such a relief. These stories end up in tragedy way to often.

She's home, she's alive, and now she's probably grounded until she's 21!

:D :D

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
hmmmmmm,

LOL, I think one of the first saints For Pet Talk (the religion) we should beatify should be Cinder and Smoke.......it seems after they show up and toss out a prayer things just go "right"....:)

Is it a special unlisted number that rings on God's desk????

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Is it a special unlisted number that rings on God's desk????

I believe it is. :D And seeing as how Phred - Cinder & Smoke's Dad - is a firefighter, somehow I picture it as a red phone, similar to the Bat Phone. :D

But whatever kind of phone it is, they really do seem to have some sort of special connection. :)

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

But whatever kind of phone it is, they really do seem to have some sort of special connection. :)

With my luck it will turn out to be a Palm Pilot with internet mail access...

Technology, ya know?:)

Freckles
10-16-2003, 11:51 AM
The police were notified and her computer was taken to see if she might have met someone over the 'net....
Now that she's safe, I can tell you we had a situation in Portland/Gresham last week, where a 20 year old man from Louisiana met a local 16 year old on the net. Came to town, then they both left town. They were both found in eastern Oregon. She's home safe and he's headed back to LA.

Richard, so glad Kayla is home!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2003, 11:52 AM
THANK YOU GOD!!!!
Richard such good news.

I've noticed that God listens when the Prayer Pups ask too. I think He has a soft spot for animals.

:D

slick
10-16-2003, 11:53 AM
So happy to hear things turned out OK, more or less. Something tells me that this is another one of those nasty internet things. Thank God she's safe.

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-16-2003, 11:58 AM
just came across this thread..

I am sorry your friend had to go through such a TERRIBLE thing. I am so glad Kayla is home safe.

Their family will be in my prayers.

mugsy
10-16-2003, 12:27 PM
At last!!! Good news!!! I think everyone is right. Cinder and Smoke have a special line up to God. Thank you Richard for letting us know. I hope they arrest this guy for statuary. (spelling?)

slick
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
With my luck it will turn out to be a Palm Pilot with internet mail access...
I didn't know hands could fly?????:D :D :D

ChrisH
10-16-2003, 01:23 PM
I am so happy to hear Kayla is home safe:D

Thanks Lord!:)

tatsxxx11
10-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Thank goodness she's home!! Her Mom must be so happy and so relieved! I'm sure as well, they family has a lot of issues to address. It's a scary world:(

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Oh Thank God! Such a relief. Her family must be overjoyed - never mind the reasons for the moment, let them enjoy having this young lady home. Welcome Back Kayla!!!

Richard - thanks so much for passing on the good news so quickly - I'm leaving the candle lit for the rest of the evening!

Lynne

primabella
10-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Oh wow Richard! That is truly amazing and wonderful! :D Thank you for the update! :)

Cookiebaker
10-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the update. Her family (and you) must be soo relieved. Hope all the problems in the family can get ironed out!!

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 05:22 PM
You are all very welcome....

I don't have any kids but the thought of not knowing about where someone went would kill me...

everyone,

go home and hug the crap out of everyone you care about....well, don't hug the poop out of them....
just give them a little love....;)

Karen
10-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Prayers are answered, Kayla is home, thank goodness.

Samantha Puppy
10-16-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm really happy she turned up safe and is back home but... man, running off with a 37 year old? First of all, what kind of an adult would "run away" with a kid? And secondly, after I finished hugging her for about a billion years, she would have one red @$$ and no social life for the next billion years as well.

catland
10-16-2003, 05:49 PM

everyone,

go home and hug the crap out of everyone you care about....well, don't hug the poop out of them....

amen

slick
10-16-2003, 05:49 PM
everyone, go home and hug the crap out of everyone you care about....well, don't hug the poop out of them....
When you live alone, hugs are far and few between, so I'd like to pass on this cyber hug to all of you.

captain
10-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Slick,
{{{{{{{{{{{cyber Hug}}}}}}}}}} right back at ya

Cinder and Smoke - Yup - unlisted number, and as soon as you prayed ........ it worked. Thanks Phred

RICHARD
{{{{{{hug}}}}} to you and to your BF too ....... she is going to need alot of strength, and advice ....... advice, which we know you are usually more than willing to offer

Uabassoon
10-16-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Kayla made it back home.

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Is it a special unlisted number that rings on God's desk?

;)

We won't eben tell Dad da Number! :p

But we can't take much *credit* for this wun -
God sent her home affore we got konnekted!

But it's nebber too late to say ~
THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Thank goodness she is home safe and sound!

rg_girlca
10-16-2003, 11:00 PM
You know, you hear and read so many stories like these and most of them turn out so tragic. I thank God that this is not one of them.
This is such wonderful news.

I only know just a very small part of what this family must have been feeling cause of when my son, who was only 8 years old at the time, ran away from home cause I had punished him in his room. I won't bother with the details but he was missing for just over 4 hours and those were the worst 4 hours of my life.

Someone was looking out for you Kayla, this time.

lovemyshiba
10-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank God Kayla is home safe.

stacwase
10-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh, Thank God. You know - yesterday I had my candle burning for her all day, and I thought of her every time I saw it. I'm so glad that she's OK. That guy should be shot, though. I hope her parents press charges. That's technically kidnapping, isn't it? Or is she not a child since she's 16?