PDA

View Full Version : what up wit u peeps?

ghettogirlShantel
10-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Yo I log in one time and yall gotta critisize the way i talk and i dont even talk like dat, ya know what i'm talking bout??..so why don't u all stop trippin now...

aly
10-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk. Why don't you tell us about your animals? :)

Just ignore the other thread. It was completely out of hand.

Foam
10-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Notice people almost got banned from this site trying to defend you?
Welcome to Pet Talk, ghettogirl. I agree with Aly, tell us about your animals! What kinds do you have? :)

slick
10-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I never saw any other thread so don't know what this is all about.

Would like to know more about you and your pets though. I have 2 cats. Max is 10 and Speckles is 16. What kind of pets do you have?

lovemyshiba
10-14-2003, 01:53 PM
I guess I missed something:confused:

Welcome to Pet Talk.
What animals do you have??

I have 4 dogs, Kito, a shiba inu, Abbey, a beagle, Riley, a lab, and Jada, a rottie.

luckies4me
10-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Glad you came back :) I would love to see pics of Roxy. :)

I am owned by several animals. I have four cats Mystic, Houdini, Cheetah and Ewok, four cats in California at my mothers and another cat Tin Tin at my father in laws. I also have several fancy rats, two hedgehogs, two Madajascar Hissing Cockroaches, two spiney mice, two degus, one mouse, one tortoise, one gecko.....I think that's it lol. Sorry about the other thread. Just ignore people like that. :)

Glad to see that you rea back though. Hope to here about your dog soon.

popcornbird
10-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Welcome! I'm sorry you had a bad start and have yet to figure why people were so mean to you when you just made one post. Normally, everyone's pretty nice here to everyone. Tell us about your pets! Can't wait to hear of them! :D

green_chameleon_girl
10-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi welcome

Tell us about your animals!:) no need for this thread.. it was just a bit odd having a member who talked lots of slang and and all that. Its okay were all your friends. Add me to you buddy list if you want.

Amber
10-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Hi! Welcome to PT!

My names Amber and im owned by 1 dog Katie, My cat, Maggie, and my dwarf Hamster Gracie!!
Katie is in my signature! WELCOME AGAIN!

Cant wait to see pictures of your pets! :p

carole
10-14-2003, 04:00 PM
I would like to extend a very warm welcome to you, and we all look forward to hearing about your pets, this is a nice place, and there are some wonderful, caring people here, so JOIN US and STAY with us,so we can get to know you and your fur-family.

:)

CamCamPup33
10-14-2003, 04:33 PM
okay so all got off to a wrong start.. sorry?... Welcome to pettalk though.. Its just by your profile we were all questionable.. i dont really think we were mean but sorry anyway..

Welcome to pettalk shantel.. my name is amber and im owned by a dog and a cat cami and cali.. looking foward to seeing pictures.. :)

babolaypo65
10-14-2003, 04:42 PM
cam- "WE ALL" weren't questioning. Some of you were.

just want to be clear there.

again, welcome to pettalk!

CamCamPup33
10-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
cam- "WE ALL" weren't questioning. Some of you were.

just want to be clear there.

again, welcome to pettalk!

im talking about the people who posted in the thread before.. i thought it was strange.. but.. ok...

looking foward to lots of pics of your pups soon.. :)

rg_girlca
10-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi Shantel and welcome to Pet Talk.
Like Aly said, please ignore the first thread and lets start off fresh.

As you can see by my signature, I have 3 cats and one dog.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your dog and hearing more from you.

Dogz
10-14-2003, 08:53 PM
I am really sorry about the other thread.:( We weren't trying to make fun of the way you were talking, I mean I thought it was fun talking to everyone.:rolleyes: :p Welcome to Pet Talk, I am sorry that you got off on a bad start.

My name is Emma, and I am owned Digger a labrador Retriever, Chubby also a labrador retriever, Otis, a pug, and Prince (who is tuning one on Friday) Samoyed, and a cockatiel named Nelly. I can't wait to see some pics of your pets, and hear stories about them. I am glad that you came back to start again.

Aspen and Misty
10-14-2003, 08:58 PM
LOL Welcome!

Ash :D

Tonya
10-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Hi, Welcome to Pettalk. Sorry about the rough start. I think (and hope!) that they were only joking.

I'm Tonya. I'm 25, from California. I have Roxy (Husky), Dusty (Husky-Australian Shephard), Teddy (Pomeranian), Ron and Raven (cats), 3 snakes, and a fish.

Kfamr
10-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Hehe, No one was critisizing the way you speak, if you say you don't speak like that. Heck, no one was critisizing anyones speach, we were just talking to each other like that. :)

I'm not trippin, yo --
But Welcome to Pet Talk.;)

Oh yes, May I ask which friend of yours is the one who told you to join us here on Pet Talk?:)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Yep, we didn't mean to critize.
Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

luckies4me
10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
LOL Welcome!

Ash :D

Huh, the LOL and the smile face make me suspect something. Did you invite this person, and is this person really real? Now I am wondering........

gini
10-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Hmmmmmmm?????

Sorry, I am not buying into this one.

lynnestankard
10-15-2003, 05:36 AM
I really get the feeling I've missed something BIG here!

All I can say is - Welcome to Pet Talk GGS - please tell us about your pets. I'm the 'allowed house servant' to three cats - Bagel (she's a lady!) then Ketchum and Dan - the BOYS! They drive me insane and I wouldn't swop them for the world!

Lynne

cloverfdx
10-15-2003, 10:11 AM
LOL Welcome!

Ash

Hmmmmm....no comment:confused:

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm not so sure about this one either... I reserve comment. Call me a cynic, but I've seen stuff like this on forums before and nine times out of ten, it isn't legit. So rather than go either way, I'll just keep my yap shut for now and see how/if it progresses...

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
LOL Welcome!

Ash

That's what I said! :p

lbaker
10-15-2003, 10:51 AM
L4me, we don't always agree but "yo, am rite witcha" :rolleyes: on this one (and Gini and Samantha etc)

dukedogsmom
10-15-2003, 11:02 AM
I don't buy into this one either. Probably just someone with too much time on their hands.

catland
10-15-2003, 11:21 AM
I am, like, so old. I saw the name of the thread and this is what came to mind

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/images/about/peeps_all_seasons/peep1.jpg

I think we've been trolled people, since this person hasn't bothered to make anymore posts.

PEEP ON!:D

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Peeps lol. I hate anything marshmellow, but those I actually could stand. Can't wait til Easter! :D

Is there a possibility the "troll" may be one of our own? :confused:

cloverfdx
10-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Is there a possibility the "troll" may be one of our own?

interesting thought, but i hope not .

the outcome of this will be interesting *nods*

catland
10-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Peeps lol. I hate anything marshmellow, but those I actually could stand. Can't wait til Easter! :D

According to the PEEPS website, they make Halloween PEEPS. You might not have to wait afterall.:D

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 11:38 AM
OOh! I am gonna go check out their site! :D They sound neat!

lbaker
10-15-2003, 11:40 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I like my Peeps REALLY stale :cool: The staler the better!

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Dude, peeps are nasty, yo. You know?

LOL

gini
10-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Laurie, I am right with you. Don't be disgusted, by I have one tiny peep left from EASTER!

It is just about ready - hard, crusty and VERY chewy. YUM!

As for who started this thread and could it be one of our own - sorry, not interested.

ramanth
10-15-2003, 01:42 PM
I have THREE packages of PEEPS left over from last Easter! :eek: I used to be able to consume them in gross amounts but now, I can barely eat one. :)

My tooth aches thinking about all that sugar. :eek: :rolleyes: :o :D

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 01:46 PM
I want the cat one! Maybe I can convince Dan to take me Peeps searching tonight! :D

Cataholic
10-15-2003, 01:48 PM
I love peeps, and the staler the better!!!!! GIVE ME SUGAR!

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't understand, I and others got yelled at for talking how she talks, yet you guys are sitting here making fun of the word "peeps".

I'm not complaining, because I'm getting a giggle out of it too -- But I got yelled at it in one thread.

Ah, oh well.:p

micki76
10-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I don't understand, I and others got yelled at for talking how she talks, yet you guys are sitting here making fun of the word "peeps".

I have to agree with KayAnn on this :eek: (scary, huh? :D), everyone (including myself) was on the kids cases for making fun in the other thread and then here the adults go and do the same thing.

Whether a troll or not, I think you all should be nice until you know for sure this person isn’t here for legit reasons. I along with others have called out several people who were not for real on PT, but we had evidence to show that they weren’t real pet owners and that they had taken their pics for “their” pets from other sites and then touted them here as theirs.

Once again, I’m disappointed. Only now it’s in people that should definitely know better.

If you’re not sure whether someone’s a troll or not, I think the polite thing would be to wait it out and see, rather than being rude. Now this person has been here twice and been ridiculed.

JMO

lbaker
10-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Would someone please tell my mother that I've been officially called an adult. Maybe now she'll believe me *just kidding you two, I'm not making fun of you - I'm just trying not to take GhettoGirl or whoever she is too seriously * Maybe by changing the subject matter in this way it won't get too nasty - by the way, I never saw the original thread either....

slick
10-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, I personally did not see any other thread where she was being made fun of so I guess it was deleted.

You are absolutely right. I have deleted my post. Thanks for putting me in my place. Everyone needs it sometimes. I'm sorry ghettogirlShantel. If you are for real, I suggest you respond in some way so we know for sure.

cali
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
glad you came back shantell, sorry bout some people here, just ignore them, :) and dont worry I got teased like crazy for saying "peeps" on another board, I still go there, they just like to have fun:rolleyes: anyway my great big grew gives you a big warm welcome :)

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 03:12 PM
How on earth is anyone making fun at her this time? Please explain this to me. Someone mentioned that peeps reminded
them of the candy, that in no way has anything to do with the way she talks. We are talking about CANDY here, not making fun of anyone. There is a HUGE difference!

I didn't know that talking about candy was bad. :rolleyes: As far as me questioning anything, I was questioning Aspen and Mistys response, which to me was VERY odd. Either they have something up their sleeve, or she invited her which is why she had the big smiley face.

micki76
10-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Luckies - It’s not necessarily the talking about the candy, it’s the questioning whether someone is real or not, or that someone suspects they are a troll.

There have been people that I and others suspected, but we did our homework before even suggesting that they may have ulterior motives.

If I was this person and I was for real, I’d wouldn’t come back to this site after the “welcomes” they’ve received by some people.

This used to be the warmest, kindest, friendliest place to be if you were a newcomer. Now (I think since the whole “Jessica” thing and the Jiminy thing) we are all suspicious of any newcomers. I know there have been several new posters that lied, but to assume that all new people are fakes or trolls is just wrong and sad. I do find myself being suspicious but I keep it to myself, or PM friends about it. I don’t post it in the newcomer’s thread until I’m sure. That’s just rude.

Imagine back to your first visits to Pet Talk. Were people nice and friendly, or mean spirited and calling you a troll? If had been called a troll or made fun of because of my dialect, I wouldn’t have stayed.

catland
10-15-2003, 03:24 PM
I stand by my "Troll" comment for the following reasons.

This is a Pet Board. Anyone lurking in this board can tell that it has a rather large number of us old folks who are not up to speed on internet slang and abbreviations. For the younger crowd reading this, I've never made fun of your use of slang, I'm making fun of my inablilty to understand it.

Most new people who want to become a part of this community start off by either introducing themselves to everyone or telling us about thier pets or asking a pet-specific question or replying to an existing pet post.

In my opinion, to make just a single post using internet slang just to watch everyone fawn over you is the definition of a Troll.

As for all of you who like stale PEEPS - I'm really, really sorry. :p

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I don't really see where anyone's making fun of anyone either. I didn't see the original thread, but I don't think being a bit weary of this "person" makes anyone one of us who are, bad people.

There are some really awesome people here, but sometimes I am surprised at just how sensitive this place is... sometimes too much so in my opinion... Just my opinion though...

Desert Arabian
10-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Another thing....this Ghettogirl has made a total of two posts: one post to make this thread, and one post to make the other thread which got deleted (I saw that one). YET- when you look at the number of posts under her name, it says 1.

Since when do you loose post #s when yer threads get deleted!?! Does that really happen, and I have never noticed- or is that fishy!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

primabella
10-15-2003, 03:31 PM
(YLL you lose posts if your thread gets deleted or if you delete your own posts... ;))

popcornbird
10-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Another thing....this Ghettogirl has made a total of two posts: one post to make this thread, and one post to make the other thread which got deleted (I saw that one). YET- when you look at the number of posts under her name, it says 1.

Since when do you loose post #s when yer threads get deleted!?! Does that really happen, and I have never noticed- or is that fishy!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Its not fishy. Try deleting one of your posts and you'll see that the number will drop one post. When posts are deleted, they're deleted from the count too.

As for young people using slang, I for sure don't talk that way. :o I don't like slang. :p I don't think we should judge someone as a troll before even knowing a thing about them. Have some patience folks..........just a little. :p :D

wolfsoul
10-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Welcome to pet talk!

I don't think Ash's reply was weird. :confused:

But I agree with everyone that since all of the happenings that have been going on, I don't trust the newbies and am quick to accuse them. I've even gone back and looked through old posts and found some inconsistencies with some of the current older members. :(

ramanth
10-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I never saw the original thread and I just got caught up in the Peeps candy conversation.

I meant no disrespect. :)

Welcome to PT Shantal. I hope to see pics of your rottie soon. :)

aly
10-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I have to agree with KayAnn on this :eek: (scary, huh? :D), everyone (including myself) was on the kids cases for making fun in the other thread and then here the adults go and do the same thing.

Whether a troll or not, I think you all should be nice until you know for sure this person isn’t here for legit reasons. I along with others have called out several people who were not for real on PT, but we had evidence to show that they weren’t real pet owners and that they had taken their pics for “their” pets from other sites and then touted them here as theirs.

Once again, I’m disappointed. Only now it’s in people that should definitely know better.

If you’re not sure whether someone’s a troll or not, I think the polite thing would be to wait it out and see, rather than being rude. Now this person has been here twice and been ridiculed.

JMO

100% agreed ... well said.

gini
10-15-2003, 04:01 PM
When a new member signs on they usually shyly give us some information about themselves and mostly about their pets.

Let's take Lady Dove for example. What a delightful addition who chats away about her birds and her family. None of us thought she might be a troll. We welcomed her warmly and she responded warmly. I hope she becomes a long time member.

However, Shantel started a new thread with some slang and somehow it took off with over 60 posts in a very short while.

Most of those reply posts were unkind - and made fun of the way she talked. The whole thread has been deleted. It doesn't matter who deleted it - it happily is gone.

Now there is a new one. No one is making fun of Shantel.

Peeps is slang for people. Someone else said that word reminded them of Peeps - a popular Easter candy by that name.
No one was making fun - it just took off in a discussion about that type of candy.

As for Shantel - one or two posts sharing nothing does not give me much information to go on - except my intuition, which I have relied on here based on past experiences.

May the truth win out!!

micki76
10-15-2003, 04:33 PM
There were a couple of people who suggested that they thought she might be a troll. I have read back, and those posts have since been deleted. I know they were there earlier.

I’m not defending this person. I don’t really care if she’s a troll or not. I’m simply disgusted by the way people have reacted and called her out without proof. I just find the whole situation disturbing.

And I’m sure LadyDove’s posts are nice to read, but not everyone writes or speaks in the same way. We have a diverse group here and should be tolerant of all who wish to be a part of our community.

carole
10-15-2003, 04:34 PM
I for one did see this thread and follow it through, I chose not to comment, in that particular thread, however now I feel I must say my two cents worth.

For one this person was treated unkindly, that is for sure, whether she be a troll or not , we should not be so ready to pre-judge someone, she should be given a chance.

This thread got way out of hand, not with regard to this person, but between some of the youngsters themselves who got nasty towards each other, they may well have made it all up now, but the behaviour in MO was disgusting.

I think Karen may well have deleted this thread, after seeing its content.

micki76
10-15-2003, 04:45 PM
I think people were a bit unkind in this thread, but not so mean that Karen would/should delete it. Do you mean the other thread carole?

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 04:46 PM
This person had several replies before anyone said anything about trolls, and not one reply from her, or him, or whoever it is. This is the first member I have seen do this. ALL others I have read, newbies reply when someone posts to their thread. This person watched the thread go on and on, which to me is strange, because if it were me I would be right back here thanking the people who took the time to welcome me.

It was the "LOL, Welcome :D ASH" that made me think. Why so happy, why the LOL? I thought maybe she invited this girl here, as this person said she was invited by another PT member, which is ANOTHER weird thing because most likely the PT member who invited her would be here saying it was not true, yet I have heard nothing of the sort. Call me callous, but I am sticking to my gut.

If you are real, then please come back and introduce yourself.

Desert Arabian
10-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Its not fishy. Try deleting one of your posts and you'll see that the number will drop one post. When posts are deleted, they're deleted from the count too.

Oh ok, see I didn't know that. I have never deleted a thread before, but I have deleted one or two posts- but I never noticed that my posting number went down.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Prima & PBC! :)

carole
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
YES micki76 I do mean the other thread, and I am glad it was deleted because it was as I said before, DISGUSTING, and I am talking about some youngsters who were just plain nasty towards each other. PT is not the place for this kinda stuff.!!!!!!!!!

These comments should have been made in PM.

bluekat
10-15-2003, 04:58 PM
As for young people using slang, I for sure don't talk that way. I don't like slang.
I agree with you. Some of my friends use it too, but not this much. Well, not exactly "slang" but just different spellings in some words. I hate when they do that, I don't see why too, but I guess I'll just have to live with it:p lol

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Using the "Who's Online" feature a few minutes before 5pm today, I noticed that ghettogirlShantal was online and viewing this very thread. And yet there remains no post setting people right.

Sorry, I'm with luckies4me and gini on this one... I'm not calling anyone anything - I'm reserving my opinion until there are more facts, but something's raising my intuition radar here. I could be wrong, but I trust my intuition much more than "someone" I don't know on a forum. Sorry guys.

I don't see where anyone should be disappointed in anyone else in this thread. I didn't see the other one, but this one has contained no flat-out accusations or anything of the sort. Again, just my opinion.

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 05:07 PM
ghettogirlShantel Last online:
02:03 PM 10-15-2003

Yes, so you are obviously online. If you truly want to be a part of this community can you please come back and tell us about yourself?

Waiting for a reply...

carole
10-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Maybe I am just too darn trusting, but remember INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, where are you CATAHOLIC,? I agree this thread is going fine so far

carole
10-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Yes Shantel, come on and tell us more about yourself, maybe you have been scared off by all the comments on here, but if you are for REAl, then prove to people like myself , who are prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are indeed FOR REAL.

Or I am gonna look just plain silly again lol, for having a fast one pulled on me.

primabella
10-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by carole
YES micki76 I do mean the other thread, and I am glad it was deleted because it was as I said before, DISGUSTING, and I am talking about some youngsters who were just plain nasty towards each other. PT is not the place for this kinda stuff.!!!!!!!!!

These comments should have been made in PM.

Please don't refer to those involved as "youngsters". I am a "youngster" and it is like you are just labeling all of us. Would you like it if I started calling you "seniors?" or something. It does sound pretty rude, doesn't it? Well I don't like it. Sorry Carole, it just upset me how you were saying youngsters. But I agree, that whole thread was disgusting, and I'm glad it is gone.

No problem YLL.

Shantel - Why don't you come back here and tell us a bit more about yourself. I can't help but be skeptical myself so how about some intro to prove me wrong?

primabella
10-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Maybe this thread was created to just get us to turn against eachother, especially seeing what happened during that first one. :rolleyes: I know it is wrong for me to accuse but I'm sorry, Shantel, you need to *say* something.

Anyways, I guess I'm with Samantha Puppy when she said, " I'm not calling anyone anything".

popcornbird
10-15-2003, 06:19 PM
She/he is online right now. SAY SOMETHING!

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 06:20 PM
She's viewing this thread right now, so hopefully you all will get your questions answered. :)

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 06:24 PM
She's been on and offline for the last 40 minutes - looking at this thread, viewing PMs... I don't think she's gonna say anything.

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Maybe this person is just laughing at us lol. I mean come on, we all are acting a little silly aren't we.

Please Shantel if you want to be a part of this group we would really love to meet you. I will hold my judgement until I hear more.

primabella
10-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Maybe this person is just laughing at us lol. I mean come on, we all are acting a little silly aren't we.

Please Shantel if you want to be a part of this group we would really love to meet you. I will hold my judgement until I hear more.

I agree. How about we stop posting in this thread cause I really don't feel like getting laughed at today? :p If she/he really wants to be a prt of PT, then they'll have to post something more. If not, then let this be the last of their posts.

Or if you guys don't agree with me, it's okay. I'm off this thread now...

ghettogirlShantel
10-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey Sry its been awhile ya no but anywayz i have a dog..roxy she's about 3 months old...she's all black wit tanish paws and a white chest i'll try to get some pics up later and i gotta cat Hazel she's 12
Hope yall stop hateing now...

carole
10-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Glad you decided to pop in:)

primabella
10-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by ghettogirlShantel
Hey Sry its been awhile ya no but anywayz i have a dog..roxy she's about 3 months old...she's all black wit tanish paws and a white chest i'll try to get some pics up later and i gotta cat Hazel she's 12
Hope yall stop hateing now...

I'll stop hating then. ;) Hope to see pics up soon. :)

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Who asked you to join Pet Talk, Shantel?

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Hope yall stop hateing now... cant wait to see pics!! :D

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 07:25 PM

Huh, the LOL and the smile face make me suspect something. Did you invite this person, and is this person really real? Now I am wondering........

:rolleyes: Yes it was me. I'm just a ghetto girly at heart and want to piss you all off. See I have this prblem where I like to come and make up people and pretend they are my friends. Sometimes at night I like to talk to them! So leave her alone she is one of my bestest best friends in the world :rolleyes:

Gosh, can't even make a comment on a thread any more without people jumping all over you wanting to know what you did because you SMILED and only said welcome. :rolleyes: Sometimes I don't feel like type out the list of all my pets, sorry. O and maybe I laughed because she acts exactly like my old Friend Debra and it brough back some nice memorys. :rolleyes: O but no, Of course, it was me inviting people here to bug you guys or that I'm just making people up :rolleyes:

Shantel, I hope you didn't take offence to that! I'm so glad you are here at PT. I am owned by 10 animals. Nova my pitt bull/lab mix. Julian and Tyah my 2 bunnies. Melony, Hope, Brook and Tundra my rats, Misty my cat and Peaches my chameleon. I can not WAIT for pics of your puppy!

Ash

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah Ash, I thought that was especially dumb for them to say anything like that -- It confused me as to why the suspected it was you or why they even had a second though on your comment.:confused: :rolleyes: :p

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah Ash, I thought that was especially dumb for them to say anything like that -- It confused me as to why the suspected it was you or why they even had a second though on your comment.:confused: :rolleyes: :p

O, cause you know Me Kay! I just LOVE to piss ya'll off and make up fake friends :rolleyes:

Ash

GoldenRetrLuver
10-15-2003, 07:31 PM

Ditto. :confused:

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 07:32 PM
O, cause you know Me Kay! I just LOVE to piss ya'll off and make up fake friends :rolleyes:

Ash

Don't we all?

My pretend friends name is Shateena Laquiesha El Sonta Smeith. :)

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Don't we all?

My pretend friends name is Shateena Laquiesha El Sonta Smeith. :)

Hey now! You didn't make up a screen name for her1 Nwo what kind of language does she speak. You have to make one up cause if you don't it's not as beleave able. I'm an expert at this, trust me!

Welcoem Shateena Laquisha El Sonta. Now kay, it's NOT a good idea to give out her last name! Someone might track her down :eek:

Ash :rolleyes: :p

aly
10-15-2003, 07:38 PM
This is so far out of hand, people.

If I were Shantel, I probably would never come back again.

As micki said, you can have your suspicions, but leave them to yourself until you have solid proof. All the speculations that have gone on in this thread are NOT proof. If you find it fishy, don't post or just let the thread die.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all .... ESPECIALLY when welcoming newbies

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-15-2003, 07:41 PM
You guys, STOP.

This is ridiculous that someone came on causing trouble and WE are fighting! I cannot believe this!

Please, can we both just stop agruing and move on? Please? I don't like it this way and I hope Shantal or whoever it is speaks up and stops this.

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by aly
[/B]

Shantel- I'm sorry you are getting such a harsh welcome, on both threads. But, I'm sure you know just as well as I, you don't like to be accused of something, like being a troll, or in my case, inviting a troll or making up a screen name and pretending to be someone else just to piss people off, it offends you, and hurts your feelings. I've been here for a year and thought people trusted me, but guess not. I hope you stay and I hope you show us pics of your pup. I for one and VERY exited to see her. :) And normally, we are not such a mean comunitiy. Just get to know use, we warm up quickly to newbies!

Ashley

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
I guess she has a point, "Shantel" didn't start this mess,

WE DID.

Stop guys.

dukedogsmom
10-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Read this:
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by aly

Our reponses, were in NO WAY aimed towards Shantel. Not at all. Eccept that parts where we put her name.

I always try to be nice to a newbie, and I think so far I have been. But I'm not going to sit here and be attacked for hurting people. I go out of my way NOT to hurt anyones feelings and here I'm being accused of it. I'm sorry I'm not going ot sit back and let that happen. And I WILL stick up for myself publicly because I don't want PT to get the image they can push me around for whatever reson.

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Maybe Karen can delete this.

babolaypo65
10-15-2003, 07:54 PM
You know, I've been on the net a long time, and I've been on a lot of forums.

Honestly, I've never seen people so quickly assume someone is a troll,

and so quickly assume it's one of our own!!!

AND so quickly devolve into such nonsense.

I'm sad and ashamed. If the poster is a troll, just ignore it, a troll can't handle being ignored, and will quickly escalate to get attention. Then you'll all know for sure.

If she is a real poster (who just happens to be different than us) and has ANY sense she won't return, lord knows I wouldn't had my welcome been such.

By the way, nothing she has done has been troll like. She didn't post fantastic informtaion, didnt post obviously made up information. Didnt post anything mean. She just posted in gangsta dialect. Is she real? Who knows, is she a troll in the internet sense? I havent seen any evidence.(In fact her profile has changed several times to more closely adhere to the way the other profiles look).

A month or so ago we BRIEFLY had a real troll. We quickly knew it, and we handled it with style and grace. Can we not handle this situation with some grace as well?

PS, there's a difference between a troll and a sockpuppet, which is what is being suggested here, by some.

PPS on another forum I frequent, a tech forum, there's a constant struggle because at least HALF the posters use this dialect, and the other half don't like it much, it's pretty common on some forum.
regardless, this whole thread depresses me. sorry i've gotten so cranky
:( :( :(

Amber
10-15-2003, 08:04 PM
You Know,
When I first joined PT I thought this was a pretty nice place. well I guess not. You seem so nice the next minit then the next you start giving off rude comments. Shantel is new and just because she comes from a different background than you doesnt mean you can go and judge her right off the back. Give it some time people. You know, if people wouldnt havnt been *joking* around in the last thread about her language/slang, this prolly would have never had happened. jeez people Stop JUDGING!

and if she is a troll then lets just ignore her. Ok?

GoldenRetrLuver
10-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Give it some time people. You know, if people wouldnt havnt been *joking* around in the last thread about her language/slang, this prolly would have never had happened. jeez people Stop JUDGING!

and if she is a troll then lets just ignore her. Ok?

Like we said, we didn't mean to offend anybody; and certainly weren't judging her.
This is getting really out of hand..I hope Karen deletes this as well.

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Aspen and Misty, you have read way too far into my post. I mentioned that I thought you had possibly invited her which is why there was a big grin and a LOL, that's it. I never ONCE accused you of being the troll or you as the one creating the name. I said maybe YOU INVITED her, that's it! If I thought it was you I would have said it because that is ME. If there is something on my mind you will hear it.

Now I know that your LOL was because of the way she talked, and if not perhaps you can correct me, as I can not a post interpreter and cannot read minds.

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:29 PM
HMMMMMM......

ghettogirlShantel Registering...

PepperRSM
10-15-2003, 08:29 PM
i could say "i think all pit bulls are mean. no offence to anyone who has one" now all of u who have one or think they arent mean are gonna be offened aren't you?
if i said that here with all the ppl who love pets and not expect it to offend anyone...i would be pretty stupid....
so why would mock how she talks and not expect it to offend her? it would offend me....and if someone did it to u, u would probably be offened too....
(i dont really think all pit bulls are mean....that was just for an example)

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:30 PM
HMMMMMM......

ghettogirlShantel Registering...

I saw that too. :confused:

Maybe she wants to start over?

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:32 PM
I saw that too. :confused:

Maybe she wants to start over?

Making a new name's going to do that?:confused: :rolleyes: :p

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:33 PM
I see you've changed your profile.

It says Roxy is also half retriever? Golden or Lab? I bet she looks really pretty :D I can't wait to see pictures of her. What kind of cat is Hazel? :)

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Luckies4me. I want to explain to you what I read when I read

Just so you understand why I said what I said.

You think I did something. Like invited this person. You want to now if this person is really real or am I making her up? Now your wondering what I've done.

Now, I understand that is not, what you ment. I'm sorry if I offended you by my post. I just try to not upset people and being accused for delibertly upsetting people is not something I want. I've always treid to keep a good reputation with everyone on PT.

Ashley

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Now I know that your LOL was because of the way she talked, and if not perhaps you can correct me,

I did not mean to make fun of her. She just reminded me of my friend and some good times. I enfact have a tendency to use some slang terms while hangging out with my friends.

I want everyone to know I am not making fun of the way she talks, or else I would be making fun of myself and one of the best people I've ever know.

Ash

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:37 PM
A&M, sorry bout that. You never upset me. I just thought maybe she was a friend of yours is all. :) I know you were not making fun, just that you thought it was funny. Hope this clears things up. :)

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:37 PM
:D Yes it does Cass. Thanx! Glad we did get that all cleared up! :D

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Good job guys! :D

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:38 PM
LOL, I never cease to amaze myself with some of the stupid things I do. :rolleyes: :D :p

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:40 PM
LOL, I never cease to amaze myself with some of the stupid things I do. :rolleyes: :D :p

Hey, how do you know it just wasn't the way I saw it??? :D It's all my fault, blame it on me ;) :p

Ash

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:41 PM
NO! Blame it on me, everyone likes to do that! :rolleyes: :) :D

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, it's all your fault! JK :p

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:43 PM
NO! Blame it on me, everyone likes to do that! :rolleyes: :) :D

Works for me :p it's ALLLLL Kay's fault, you horrible, horrible person you! ;) (J/K)

Ash

primabella
10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Just wanna apologize to Shantel and to the board for my quick assumptions. It's wrong of me to do so. I'm sorry...

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Well, everyone blamed *ME* in the other thread, so I might as well take the blame for this one as well.:p

PepperRSM
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
well, people blamed you in the last thread because u were partly at fault, you were one of the firsts ones to mock how she talked....

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Um, Ok. Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PepperRSM
10-15-2003, 08:51 PM
you were one of the first ones. Why roll your eyes? It's true.

ghettogirlShantel
10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Somebody asked what kind of cat Hazle was she's a noregion forest cat...
and I was trying to re-register earlier but it wasn't working so...
so i don't take anything personal here but thanks to thoose who were
apolgizing and sticking up for me.. :-)
Still trying to get the pics up....

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Just wanna apologize to Shantel and to the board for my quick assumptions. It's wrong of me to do so. I'm sorry...

Me too. Although I could care less how you talk I did jump too quickly to assume you were something you're not, and for that I aplogize.

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I was one of the first ones. Yes, I'm aware of that. But NONE of it was my fault, it's not my fault people followed through, it's not MY fault she got offended or took us seriously, or anyone else for that matter. We were joking, and hoping maybe she could have the humor to joke aorund as well. but, obviously not.

Here's some more for you, sweets, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PepperRSM
10-15-2003, 08:54 PM
if you were just joking i dont rememeber you saying j/k after you talked like her...so how was she to know you were kidding?

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I never knew I was supposed to say "J/k" after all of my sentences, did you see anyone else doing it?
Why are you pointing the finger at just me?

Like I said, It was all in humor, bu there was none coming for her part.

You can stop now, Thanks :)

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Well, everyone blamed

I didn't! So not EVERYONE!

Ash

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2003, 08:58 PM

Aww she sounds cute! And you sound nice! I can't wait to get to know you. Now go learn how to post pics ;)

Ash

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 08:59 PM

I was me who asked. :) I too have a Norwegian Forest cat named Ickeris, who lives with my parents in California. I would love to see pictures of her.

babolaypo65
10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Many people were "just kidding", and many of them have now realized that their kidding was hurtful. They have accepted their part of the responsibility if the poster was hurt. They have apologized.

I never knew I was supposed to say "J/k" after all of my sentences, did you see anyone else doing it?
Why are you pointing the finger at just me?

Like I said, It was all in humor, bu there was none coming for her part.

You can stop now, Thanks :)

Kfamr
Shantel, Here's a thread on posting photos, if you need any help don't hesitate to ask. :)

POSTING PHOTOS (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

PepperRSM
if you joke about something u put j/k....i thought everyone knew that....ppl did that when they were joking about blaming you...and ppl didnt put j/k most likely cuz they really weren't kidding but now are saying that they were :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
Sorry for the rough start Shantel, I can't wait to see pictures of your pets! :) If you need help posting them, heres an excellent thread that shows you, step by step. :)

Posting Pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406&highlight=posting+pictures)

EDIT: Whoops, KayAnn beat me to it. ;)

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Many people were "just kidding", and many of them have now realized that their kidding was hurtful. They have accepted their part of the responsibility if the poster was hurt. They have apologized.

As I see this.

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by PepperRSM
if you joke about something u put j/k....i thought everyone knew that....ppl did that when they were joking about blaming you...and ppl didnt put j/k most likely cuz they really weren't kidding but now are saying that they were :rolleyes:

Well, sorry, I know that but I don't do that, ok? Shoot me and get on with it.
":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Can we just move on and let Shantel tell us about her pets?

Kfamr
10-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Can we just move on and let Shantel tell us about her pets?

Ditto. I want pictures!

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Me too! especially of Hazel! :D

carole
10-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Shantel I think you will have a great contribution to make here at PT, and so will your beloved pets, to have handled all this stuff that has been going down with the maturity you have shown by your last thread, amazes me, and tells me you will have a lot to offer PT and make some good friends here hopefully.

I for one really look forward to seeing the pics of Roxy and Hazel, so post them soon, and I have said it before , A VERY WARM WELCOME TO PT.:)

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 07:28 AM
GOOD GRIEF!! C'mon you guys!

I've just read this right through from the beginning - try it and see if it infuriates you as it did me. All this name calling and mud slinging is completley out of order.
OK OK I know I'm an oldie but I cannot understand any of the 'slang' used - it makes reading posts so difficult - couldn't we all just stick to plain ordinary English? Why the need to use abbreviations all the time?
Don't forget we're not all American either - some of us have never heard of Peeps, so we had no idea it was candy.
Can we please at least Welcome people properly when they first sign on? Those who have doubts - just wait and see what transpires.
Where has all our understanding and love gone? Please, please just STOP IT. All this in-fighting is ruining 'our' second home!

Sorry if I've offended anyone.................

Lynne

ramanth
10-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Waiting for PICS! :D

Hazel sounds like a cutey... and of course Roxey too. :)

cloverfdx
10-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Welcome Shantel

ill apologise for anything that i have said.

we need pics

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
GOOD GRIEF!! C'mon you guys!

I've just read this right through from the beginning - try it and see if it infuriates you as it did me. All this name calling and mud slinging is completley out of order.
OK OK I know I'm an oldie but I cannot understand any of the 'slang' used - it makes reading posts so difficult - couldn't we all just stick to plain ordinary English? Why the need to use abbreviations all the time?
Don't forget we're not all American either - some of us have never heard of Peeps, so we had no idea it was candy.
Can we please at least Welcome people properly when they first sign on? Those who have doubts - just wait and see what transpires.
Where has all our understanding and love gone? Please, please just STOP IT. All this in-fighting is ruining 'our' second home!

Sorry if I've offended anyone.................
Lynne

Hi Lynn, but I believe we have all moved on already. :)

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 10:38 AM
No L4M - I don't think you all have. Reading the whole thread from the beginning the barbs were still coming through e.g. four posts before I wrote.
I know from PM's I've received there are quite a few people who think the whole thing had gone too far.
By the way it's Lynne with an E.

Peace and Love

Lynne

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Well *I* have moved on. I am now waiting for pics of her cute pets!

cloverfdx
10-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Uh get over it PLEASE

*pleads*

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Uh get over it PLEASE

*pleads*

Are you talking to me? :confused:

I already said my aplogies and even asked for pictures and told her about my NFC named Ickeris and everything. What else am I supposed to do? I thought we were starting over. I even sent her a PM. :(

micki76
10-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Ok. Could everyone, please stop arguing about petty things? This is directed to everyone who is still going on about anything other than welcoming Shantel and her pets.

If you’d still like to argue, disagree, or otherwise correct someone, please do it via PM. That’s one of the things PM’s are for.

Thank you! :D