PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kathie

Adge Gibbs
10-14-2003, 08:08 AM
About a million years ago (or at least it seems that long ago), I posted some pictures that I had sent to my friend Kathie who was serving in the Middle East. Many of you wished her well and I sent her the link to the thread.

She was really touched and wanted me to pass along her thanks for the well wishes. We finally got to talk last night on the phone and she's so happy to be home now I thought she was going to burst. She mentioned Pet Talk by name and wanted me to tell everyone who wished her well a big "thank you!" She's finally home and safe (we think) and she'll be arriving in PA to stay with me for a few weeks while she looks for an apartment in DC.

She's stressing a bit because of an article that came out in the Washington Post (you can read it here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A22653-2002Jun9&notFound=true) )

as she said in her last email:

"Well, when I was going through my out-processing in
both Bagram and NC, I told the doctors about my
exposure. The doctor in Bagram blew it off by saying,
"Oh, I don't think that's true. I've never heard
anything about that." And the response from the
doctor in NC was about the same. The Army isn't going
to test me b/c they feel that by testing they'd have
to admit that they willingly put thousands of troops
and civilian contractors in danger. I just
hope that I don't have 4-headed children but if my kids
can see in the dark or fly I guess that would be ok.
I know you'll help me get to the bottom of this.
You always do.
See you soon and we're still on for the wedding, right?"

She's a trooper, but I'm glad she's home. I could tell that it was really starting to get to her after being there for so long. I hope that everyone who has friends and family over there gets to have them come home soon too.

Anyway, I wanted to pass along her thanks for the well wishes. They seem to have worked!

Adrian

Logan
10-14-2003, 12:13 PM
The best news is that she is home, safe and sound, Adrian!!!! :) Please let her know how much we thank her for her service to our country!!!!

dukedogsmom
10-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Those are some very brave people. I can't say as if I would be able to do it. I have much respect for our service men and women. I'm happy she's home safe.

Foam
10-14-2003, 12:23 PM
That's GREAT that's she home and safe. I can't wait to talk to her when she comes and stays with you. She seems amazing. :)