PDA

View Full Version : Dogs using a litter box????

Fox-Gal
10-13-2003, 08:18 PM
I just now caught Mooch using the Kitty litter box. Never happen before sense I haven't had a kitty litter box in years. It was an odd site. Maybe Mooch just sences that today is not a good day to bug mommy about going out side maybe she knows I'm hurt so she made do. Who knows with her. She is smart. :D :D

Can you train a small dog to use a box? or maybe this was just a odd day for Mooch. Does anyone have or know of a dog thats been trained to use a box before?

It would be kind of helpfull if I could get both Mooch and Brandy to use one, just for a little while. Some things are going on in my life right now and knowing that they can use a litter box if they have to would help right now. I might have to be away from the home more then normal and that's one less thing that I have on my mind.

But if I can train them, can I break the training later when my life get back to normal? or will I be stuck with it?

Just wondering.

micki76
10-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I knew someone whose dog was litter box trained. He picked it up quite quickly, but I don’t know if it can be “unlearned”.

Hope things are ok with you! :)

Tonya
10-13-2003, 09:27 PM
I have known people who litter trained their dogs. There is special dog litter. I tried with Teddy at first, but it didn't work out.

Fox-Gal
10-14-2003, 12:17 AM
I guess I'm not totaly nuts then to think about it, if they make a special litter for dogs. Others must have had the same idea for there to be a market on dog litter.

Fox-Gal
10-14-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by micki76
I knew someone whose dog was litter box trained. He picked it up quite quickly, but I don’t know if it can be “unlearned”.

Hope things are ok with you! :)

Things could be better but thats life, have to take the bad with the good. Thanks for asking though.

Stenograsaurus
10-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Our local pet store has doggy litter. I've also seen it in the Drs. Foster and Smith catalog. I hope things get better in your life.