PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

wolf_Q
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
I now have my own ebay account, and I was thinking of getting a paypal account also.

What are your opinions on paypal? Is it free?

dukedogsmom
10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
I love Paypal! Whenever I can keep my credit card balance down, I use it for my Ebay auctions. As far as I know, it's free. It's really easy and hassle free. Also, if you're paying with money orders, there's Bidpay. However, fees come with every money order so that makes it a little costly but sometimes it's worth it not to have the hassle of going out and purchasing one. I haven't had any problems with Paypal. You going to be selling? I would like to sell some stuff but need to get established, as you get so many hits when searching for an item.

tatsxxx11
10-13-2003, 07:30 PM
Ditto!!:D It's easy and free!

RubyMutt
10-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I love using it on Ebay. It's so much easier (and faster) than dealing with mailing checks (especially if it's overseas). :)

Crikit
10-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I've only used it once so far but I thought it was great, things got done so much faster with it.

PapillonCrazie!
10-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Paypal charges 2% of the money the sellers receive from the buyer.
For instance:
If I sold something for 20 dollars, as soon as I recieved that money in my Paypal account, Paypal charges me 2% of 20 which is only 4 cents. So it is free for the buyer, but not the seller :)

Tonya
10-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Paypal isn't free, but it is great. We buy and sell quite a bit on EBAY and we use it all the time.

dukedogsmom
10-13-2003, 10:19 PM
You can tell what I've been doing on Ebay. Didn't even know they charged for selling.

Fox-Gal
10-14-2003, 01:10 AM
We use paypal all the time and never a problem. Once we had a seller not ship an item to us and as soon as we told paypal they had our $ back to us within two weeks. Most seller perfer being paid by paypal it easer for them and you, No waiting for checks.

Fox-Gal
10-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by PapillonCrazie!
Paypal charges 2% of the money the sellers receive from the buyer.
For instance:
If I sold something for 20 dollars, as soon as I recieved that money in my Paypal account, Paypal charges me 2% of 20 which is only 4 cents. So it is free for the buyer, but not the seller :)
You had me wondering why we never got charged except when taking a credit card payment. Everyone gets charged for that.

So I had to go and check.

Personal Account are free. Premier/Business Account get charged 2.2% + $0.30 USD to 2.9% + $0.30 USD for selling.

I have sold some on E-bay and we never got charged so I guess as long as your not a Premier/Business Account member it doesn't apply.