PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country ends tomorrow

puppygrrl4eva7
10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Our Cross Country season ends tomorrow:( It will be our last meet. Our Girls team Is undefeated winning the last 18 meets (the undefeated streak is carried over from last season, I was on the team then too),(We have now tied with the school's longest winning streak, and if we win our tri meet tomorrow we will set the new undefeated record 20-0)We haven't lost any meets now for over a year. We went to four invitationals this year we placed 3rd, 4th, 5th and 3rd(out of approximately 20 teams), Our girls team got a trophy for the first time in seven years!:eek: I got my Best time a few meets ago, 14 minutes and 17 seconds, I'm not so great but I'm usually 5th or 6th for our team out of 9 girls. The girls school record is 12:44 , and my friend came within 10 seconds of beating it at our last meet she got 12:53.

Tomorrow it's the meet we have all been waiting for, it's the last meet every year. All three Gahanna Middle Schools.
Gahanna Middle School East (GMSE), Gahanna Middle School West (GMSW), And Us Gahanna Middle School South (GMSS)

Last year (at the Tri Gahanna meet)our girls team swept the meet with a perfect score, we had the top 5 runners ( Our 5th runner beat East and West's 1st runners )So we have a very positive outlook.

Our Boys team is So-so, they have lost 5 and won 7 meets. Last year at the Gahanna meet they came in 2nd place, East beat them (like always).We have several good runners, but they need to stay together in a pack, that is what mainly counts, the top 5 runners, East's boys always are good about staying together, but we did beat them at our tri againist Mt. Vernon and East two weeks ago.

W:eek:W I wrote a lot, I didn't mean to blab on and on about all that so I guess I'll stop there. Wish me luck at my meet tomorrow. I'll post the results when I get home tomorrow. :D:)

RobiLee
10-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Bailey...You sound excited and pumped up. I'm wishing you lots of luck. I hope that you and your team kick butt and sweep the whole thing. Pick'em up and put'em down, girl. Let us know how things go.

Robin :)

P.S. I just went to my first cross country meet last Thursday. I went to watch one of my little friends run. She is in junior high and this is her first year. I guess she is doing pretty well for her first year. I really enjoyed watching her and the other runners. She came in 3rd and I was so proud of her. I think her last meet is today. You runners should be proud of yourselves. That takes a lot of determination and discipline. YOU GO, GIRL!!

puppygrrl4eva7
10-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Since it was raining so hard we had to move back the meet :p Now we have practice every week day until they reschedule it....:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
10-14-2003, 05:44 PM
MORE practices!?? :eek:

BUMMER! :( :p

Foam
10-14-2003, 05:47 PM
Good luck! :)

Cataholic
10-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Maybe we should re-name you "Baylee, Runs like the Wind"? Good luck with the final meet, when it gets here!

RobiLee
10-14-2003, 06:15 PM
We'll be waiting to see how things go. Keep us posted, Baylee.

puppygrrl4eva7
10-19-2003, 06:09 PM
The meet will be held tomorrow (Monday) but East canceled on us :p so now the meet will be held at our home course, which is always a good advantage. Since East canceled it will only be South (us) against West. I'll let you know the results tomorrow.( BTW if we win tomorrow that will break our school's "longest winning streak" which was 18 wins in a row, our girls team has tied that by winning the last 18 duel/tri meets, so we better win tomorrow!:D )

RobiLee
10-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Just wandering how the meet went , Baylee? Keep us posted.

G.P.girl
10-22-2003, 08:40 AM
i know how you feel...:( our football season ends next week. we have a game today and a game next wednesday...so far we have been undefeated too. lets hope it stays that way. we have a crosscountry team at our school but i think they are sorta lame because they never win at their meets...i dont rreally understand how the winning thing goes in crosscountry though. do they all run as a gruop and which ever group gets to the end first wins?:confused: