PDA

View Full Version : He smells my breath!

Sirrahsim
10-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Now I don't know if Boomer is just weird or if it's perfectly normal.. I just know that my previous kitty Ernie (1986-2003) NEVER did. whenever I have just eaten anything, especially something fruity:eek: Boomer will come up and practivally get frantic in his efforts to smell/lick my mouth. If I open my mouth to say something or anything he will try to shove his whole head INSIDE my mouth. I haven't been able to get a good pic of him doing this but hopefully I will soon. I think he's nutty! :rolleyes:

Craftlady
10-13-2003, 07:05 PM
:D that is funny :)
Skinny goes nuts when we are eating Italian food. The spices and sauce smell drives him nuts. Try to eat a piece of pizza or hot pocket that has pizza sauce in it while watching t.v. is not an option at our house.
;)

jazzcat
10-13-2003, 08:23 PM
That is pretty funny. None of my three cats do that but my dog does. Of course trying not to be crude, but Ripley will sniff the air when anyone burps. How lovely!

iloverat
10-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Interesting thread. My cat, Briggs doesn't sniff our breath but she goes CRAZY :eek: when we eat pizza. We practically have to remove her from our plates whenever we indulge. She does end up getting a teensy piece of unsauced crust to munch on and that seems to satisfy her OK. She's rarely interested in our food but comes running into the room as soon as she smells pizza!!!

catlover4ever
10-14-2003, 07:07 AM
My Smokey does this. Sometimes it is first thing in the morning when I'm waking up, he will come up and get right up in my face, sniffing my breath and then licking my lips......maybe he is trying to tell me that I have morning breath (like I didn't know that already). He will also try to put his head in my mouth if I have just had a glass of milk.

Tonya
10-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Raven does that. If I let my guard down, she'll bite my lips or nose.

lbaker
10-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Only when I eat cheese popcorn but then they go absolutely NUTZ (nutzier?) until they get some!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-14-2003, 09:53 AM
When someone new comes over, Kona tries to stick her head in their mouth to smell their breath. My sister is now trained when saying hello to Kona to open her mouth so Kona can smell it.

I thought she was crazy--I'm glad that it's not just her!