PDA

View Full Version : Finny and tea...please help me!!!!!!

TollSettFK
09-14-2001, 09:03 AM
One morning I was outside on my front porch and was drinking hot tea, and Finny (my puppy) jumped up on the bench I was sitting on and started drinking my tea! This morining I gave him a little cup of some. He isn't getting sick from it, but is this bad for him? He loves it so much, and it's very cute. ?????????

zippy-kat
09-14-2001, 10:52 AM
I don't know but I've come across a website (ofcourse I forgot to bookmark it and couldn't find it again when I looked)but they were recommending tea for rabbits to 'cure' various things. I think blkbry tea was used to help them gain weight, though I really don't remember. They were recommending unsweetened tea as well, but dawgies are different than buns soo???

It sounds really cute! Any pics? I've never tried tea w/ my bun but I once had a cat who LOVED orange juice...

Albea
09-14-2001, 12:18 PM
You can ask this question at: http://www.petvets.com
I wouldn't do any experiments with tea until I had a response from a vet.

Karen
09-14-2001, 01:20 PM
Normal tea has caffeine, which isn't great for dogs. If it's normal "black" tea, I would dilute it with more milk in his portion - he may just like it because you're drinking it, and because of the milk in it, if you put milk or cream in your tea. I'd just keep it pretty diluted (tea flavored water more than "tea") and not give him very much, and you should be okay in your little time of sharing.

All this not withstanding, my police-chief grandfather, being a good Swede, had coffee and a doughnut when he came home from work late at night. Butchie, the family bulldog, got some of his coffee poured into his dish, and "helped" him eat his doughnut, too, to no ill effect.