PDA

View Full Version : 5 more to go....I can't wait!!

RobiLee
10-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Well, this is it. The last week of radiation treatments. Only 5 left. I can't wait for it all to be over with. I hope the week goes quick and I hope things get back to normal soon. From the start of first having symptoms..to being diagnosed...to having 2 surgeries...and finishing up with the radiation treatments...the whole process has been almost 1 1/2 years. I am soooo ready for this to be over with!!

Thanks for the support and thanks for helping me count down the days!

Robin :)

anna_66
10-13-2003, 08:37 AM
I bet you are one happy woman Robin:)
How are you feeling now?

RobiLee
10-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi Anna.

I'm a very happy woman! Actually the past 2 days I have been feeling pretty good. It has felt good to feel good....lol. Of course its Monday and I know that by the middle of the week I will feel like YUK! The difference is though that this week I don't just get to recover just over the weekend...I get to recover for good!!!...YAY!!

I'm hoping to see you and the furkids this weekend. Alden (hubby-aka AJ) has to work but I think he is trying to get someone to cover for him. I might just be brave and go without him if I have to. It is a long drive though. Have to see how I feel that day. I'm usually good to go on Sundays though.

Hugs....Robin :)

Logan
10-13-2003, 08:52 AM
It's the last week of "Yuck", Robin!!! :) I'm so happy for you to be seeing some "light at the end of the tunnel". Hope your week will go swiftly and that you'll be feeling much better by the weekend!!

We're counting down with you!!! :)

How's Katie feeling?? Much better, I hope!!!! :D

Logan

pitc9
10-13-2003, 09:05 AM
I know how ya feel about driving all that way alone!

I am planning on going this weekend to Findlay with the pups and so far have found no takers to ride with me.:(
It's going to be a 3 hour drive each way!

I do hope you are feeling good for the weekend if you decide to go!

moosmom
10-13-2003, 09:30 AM
WOOHOO ROBIN!!!

We'll have 2 reasons to celebate on Sunday!!! Molly's birthday and your "graduation" from radiation. Hope the "yukiness" isn't too bad for you.

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday.

gini
10-13-2003, 10:12 AM
We are counting down with you Robin! Group hugs to you.

robinh
10-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Robin -

You are a very strong, brave person. I know when my sister was doing her treatment it was tough. The one thing I've noticed in your posts is that even on the hard days, you still have your sense of humor and spirit. That and all the prayers from family and friends will get you through this week.

Then CELEBRATE your graduation from treatment. It's a new beginning for you. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin

Cincy'sMom
10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
By now, it should only be 4 to go ( I'm assume you have had your treatment today...) Whoo Hooo!!! No matter how bad it gets this week, just keep telling yourself you are done!!!!

RobiLee
10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Just 4 more now!

I've got to get in the shower and go soon. Yesterday turned out to be a yucky day. Almost immediately after treatment my tummy was upset. I had to hurry and get home. I was in the bathroom several times before I could manage to finally lay down. I was so tired and stayed in bed most of the day. So far this morning is good. I hope it stays that way because we are going out to dinner with the family to celebrate my mom and dads birthdays (mom's is today and dad's is the 22nd) this evening.

Only 4 more....I can do this!!!!

Thanks...Robin :)

dukedogsmom
10-14-2003, 09:24 AM
I know your mood has got to be lifting a little knowing it's almost time for all this to be over with. I'm sure it's been really difficult. And, I hope you feel good for your night out tonight. You must feel like dancing around the room. Good luck on getting through the rest of the treatments and then hopefully, this will all be just a memory. Also, you may be able to help luckies4me. Here is the thread. I thought someone who had gone through this would be more help than a lot of us who hasn't.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35857

micki76
10-14-2003, 10:35 AM
YAY!! Robin, only 4 more to go!! Oh, I hope this last week can be peaceful for you! Then it's on with the rest of your life! It feels so great to know you are nearing the end of your ordeal, and as a 3 and a 1/2 year cancer survivor I can tell you there's no better feeling than to see someone else beat the crap out of cancer, too!!!! :cool:

You go girl!! :D You can SO do this!

lovemyshiba
10-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Alright!!
4 more--I'll be counting down with you!!
I hope the rest of the treatments go smoothly, and you are ready to celebrate this weekend!!!

Those of us who can't be there physically will be having our own cyber celebration, and sending many many cyber hugs your way!!!!

slick
10-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Wow, that was fast. Seemed like yesterday we were starting to count from 9!! Yeah!!! Only 4 more to go. You are amazing Robin and we can all learn a valuable lesson from you. Hugs to you.

Logan
10-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Robin, I hope today has been better! :) You are counting down quickly......that's all that matters!! :) By the weekend, you are on the homestretch!!

We love you and we're out here pulling for you!!!! :D

Logan

RobiLee
10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the support!! I'm feeling a little better today. Only 3 more to go now!

Logan....Katie is doing really well. She is back to her usual "get into everything" self. I don't understand how she can heal up so quick. I could barely move for a few days....its not fair....lol.

Dukedogsmom....Thanks for pointing out Luckies4me's thread. I missed that one. I went over there immediately. Thanks for the heads up!

Have a great evening all.....Robin :)

rg_girlca
10-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Yes Robin YOU CAN DO IT.
I can feel your happiness just pouring through the screen. I have tears in my eyes as I am so so happy for you. You did it girl. You beat the odds and just remember, you are not going through this alone. We are all here for you.

YOU GO GIRL.:D

I'm glad you are feeling better today.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-14-2003, 07:46 PM
I commend you for your bravery. I for one, don't know if I would want to go on. Great job.

Cataholic
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
3 more! Hang in there!!!!

carole
10-14-2003, 08:15 PM
THATS THE SPIRIT Robin, soon it will only be 2 then 1 then HOORAY its over, I hope you plan to do something extra special once you are feeling on top of things again.

Take care of yourself and remember WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YA ok,even from across the other side of the world.:)

sisterdog
10-14-2003, 08:21 PM
WOOHOO! Only three more and you're done for good! I know how excited you are to be almost done. Keep up the positive attitude, you're doing great.

mugsy
10-14-2003, 09:21 PM
You truly are one of my heroines!! Your strength is amazing. 3 more and you're done!! That's so awesome. Maybe you could hitch a ride with someone on Sunday. That would be a great birthday present for me for you to be able to come. Good luck with the last 3!! You're almost there!!!

RobiLee
10-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Well, I have finished up my 26th treatment today and I now have only 2 more to go. Woo Hoo!!!! Today the doc told me that after I finish up treaments I will go back in a month to be checked out. What?!? No doctors or hospital for a MONTH! This will be heaven!!

It is the middle of the week and as usual I feel very yucky. Just 2 more times and it will all be over with though!!!!

Hugs....Robin :)

slick
10-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah!!!!!! Two more means tomorrow and Friday right?? That means you can enjoy a nice long weekend that will last a month :D :D Way to go girl.

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey Robin ~

Any chance Doc will give you Friday *OFF* -
for GOOD :) Behavior??

Rest up quick ~ Sunday is Bark Park PARTEE Day!!

:D

carole
10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Robin you are very much in my thoughts today, wishing you one of your better days today, and YIPEE only two more to go, might even be one by the time you read this, I am EXCITED AND SO HAPPY for you, TAKE CARE ok:) ;)

lovemyshiba
10-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Alright!!!
2 more-and no docs for a month--yipee!!!!!!

HoRsELUvR
10-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Congratulations!you have been so brave and soon you wont have any more treatments.im sure it gets very tiring going to doctors all the time,so congratulations!:D

RobiLee
10-16-2003, 05:40 PM
One More!!

Just one more to go now. Oh wow! I just can't believe it. Ok...now i'm starting to cry. What's that all about?? Now the tears are really coming. I can't see the screen well. Stupid, stupid emotions! Talking at work this morning and with my husband and my parents and we all keep saying "One More" and I have been on a very big high today. But...it wasn't until I just typed it here and looked up at the words that ....I don't know...its like it smacked me right in the face and this major feeling of relief washed over me and now i'm crying. Its been such a long haul and I'm just SO tired and very relieved. I've got to go and pull myself together now.

Robin :)

micki76
10-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Robin, I have tears in my eyes and am so very happy for you!!!!!!

Only one more!! I'm ecstatic! You are awesome to go through this with such a wonderful attitude! Your spirit has carried you though this ordeal and all your posts have been so positive. I know how excited you are to get your life back to normal, and your normal has been so abnormal for far too long.

Good luck tomorrow!!! :D

slick
10-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Robin I'm so happy for you. I've asked everyone at Dick's Place to lift up their glasses and have a special toast to you. You truly are my inspiration.

Logan
10-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I think that perhaps Richard should open up Dick's Place tomorrow, too, just as a special honor for Robin when she is finished!!!! Robin, you've got one more to go!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I'm so proud of you, and I have tears too!!! :)

RobiLee
10-17-2003, 04:46 AM
Thanks for all the support! Hey, where is this Dick's place? I sure could use a drink and a special toast...lol. Well, this is the last day. Friday...11:15 am today will be my last radiation treatment! I'll let you know how things went later on today.

Thanks for helping me out!

{{{{HUGS}}}}........Robin :)

anna_66
10-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Your very last treatment, such wonderful news:D
I know you must be very tired by now, but I'm so glad you've been visiting PT, I missed you;)
Hope you feel good by Sunday, wouldn't want you feeling yucky on such a fun day! See you then Robin!

Logan
10-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Just go to the Dog House, Robin. Richard's Thurday happy hours are there. I think one on Friday, in your honor and in honor of Alicia and Carina would be perfect!!! :D

I'm figuring you are almost finished now!!!! I hope so!!!! :D:D

Have a great weekend. :)

lovemyshiba
10-17-2003, 11:11 AM
12:15 here.......I don't know how long a treatment takes, but I'm sure you're almost done!!!!
Let's get ready to celebrate!!!!!