PDA

View Full Version : Info on Animal Abuse?

Kenny's_Senorita
10-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi, I'm doing a paper on animal abuse in the home and I'm having a hard time finding information on it. I'm looking for statistics that deal with the number of animals that are abused. If anyone knows anything about this or could point me in the right direction as to where to look I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!:)

clara4457
10-12-2003, 05:47 PM
You definitely need to check out the Humane Society web site at hsus.org. They have a contact email address and would be more than happy to furnish you with stats.

carrie
10-12-2003, 05:48 PM
I can't give you numbers but the major problem with writing a paper like this would seem to be the question, "What is animal abuse?" Is it neglect, and what constitutes neglect? Is it physical attack, what constitutes physical attack? (Is this all forms of physical contact meant to cause the animal discomfort?) Is it verbal aggression? Is it ignorance of an animals needs?

I know that I am not helping here, sorry, but I think you have to state your limits and criteria first of all.

I have written several papers on this very subject and the good thing, once you set your boundaries, is that you really can't go wrong. Make sure you know exactly what you mean by "animal abuse" and check that there is no good reason for any of your arguements to be valid handling techniques. For instance - if you think that there is no physical discomfort that a human can cause an animal without it being abuse imagine having a large dog on a lead when it is trying to bite another animal or human.

Great question - please let us see your paper when you have written it.