PDA

View Full Version : no fur on the leg

chuu chuu
10-11-2003, 11:35 PM
My friend's cat had a few babies and he gave me one of them. He is now 6 weeks old. However, I just noticed that his left leg is missing some fur. I have no idea whether he was born like that or he has been attacked by other cats. Does anyone else's cat have the same situation? :(

krazyaboutkatz
10-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You sure have a very cute orangie there. :D I'm not sure what may have caused this. Does the kitten have fleas? Have you noticed him scratching in that area a lot? I'm sorry I can't help you but hopefully others will reply with some better info. Maybe you should take him to the vet for a check up.

jazzcat
10-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Do you see anything on the skin? Could it be ringworm?

Best thing is to take your kitty to the vet to have it checked out. Ringworm will make the hair fall out, often in a circle. It is very contagious to both pets and humans so you should definitely find out if that is what you are dealing with quickly.

My cat Jazz had it when we got her as a kitten last year and I had to quarantine her and treat her with medicine for over three weeks until the ringworm was gone.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Cataholic
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Any question I ask will be followed by, "take her to the vet"...it could be soo many things, and with her being soo young, better to have it checked out.

Steffi N
10-12-2003, 07:04 PM
You have one cute little kitty there. I agree that a vet visit is in order, not only to take care of the problem with her leg, but to check up on her health in general. Good luck with this adorable baby, I know you want to the best for her.

RedHedd
10-13-2003, 02:01 PM
I vote for the vet visit too and please let us know what the diagnosis is -- such a sweet little orangie you have there! More pics please! We LOVE orangies :)

chuu chuu
10-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks for all your replies. :) No, I didn't notice him scratching his leg. And that part of the leg is pinkish in colour. I think I will take him to the vet as most of you suggested. I will keep you guys updated. ;) Meanwhile, here's more pics of him!

rg_girlca
10-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh Chuu Chuu your little kitty is soooooo A D O R A B L E.

I hope all goes well with his little leg.

Have you made an appointment yet with the vet?