PDA

View Full Version : New Englanders, mark your calendars for October 19.

Albea
10-11-2003, 01:11 PM
"All Paws for a Golden Cause," the annual doggie walk organized by Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue will take place on Sunday, October 19, at the Borderland State Park, Easton, MA, from 11AM to 4PM, with events scheduled throughout the day.
Dogs of any breed are welcome!
There will be a parade of rescued dogs at noon and a Halloween costume contest.:cool:
Other activities:
Canine bobbing for hot dogs.
Paw reading by Madame Bowowska.
Canine acupuncture.
Canine dental health.
And many, many more fun things to do with your pups.
Registration fee is $5 for individuals and $10 for families.
A copy of the current rabbies vaccination must be supplied at registration.
For more information and directions go to:
www.ygrrr.org
or PM me.

Karen
10-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Will you be there? Your dogs?

jackiesdaisy1935
10-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Albea, that looks like such fun, if we weren't so far away, I would love to attend, we don't have anything like that out here in the West. Have a great time.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

K9karen
10-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Aw, Man! Sounds awesome! Please, please take tons of pics, esp; of Carina! Sandra???? Will you be there????Damn! We're going to miss Madame Bowowska???????

Albea
10-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Will you be there? Your dogs?

No, Karen. This year I'll have to miss the fun because I'm in very bad shape due to my arthritis. I can't be in a car for a long time, even with somebody else driving, and much less be on my feet all day.
Fortunately, I can do all my volunteer work for YGRR from home. I've sent 300 "thank you" cards for donations in the last ten days.:D :D :D
Do you think you and Paul will go?

lovemyshiba
10-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!!!!!
I hope someone can go, and get some great pictures for all of us!!!

Smilla
10-13-2003, 11:22 AM
If Lefty were just a wee bit more confident in his new situation, I'd go, but I think it would be a bit much for him right now. We are going to go to two training classes beginning October 25th, where he'll get to meet lots of other dogs. I'm hoping all goes well because I'd love to take him to things like this!