PDA

View Full Version : The Band, the noise, and a plan...

Cataholic
10-11-2003, 11:49 AM
See here for the saga....

http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34917

Last night, the police were here, again. We all talked...the band, the parents, the police, and the chaplain (who just happened to be riding with the officer that night). My ONLY choice was to cite the son, who is 18. That means, he would have a record, though the offense (loud music) isn't that big of a deal. I just can't do that to an 18 year old...who hasn't ever been in trouble, and who is my neighbor. I just can't.

So, this is my plan! On Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, at 4:45 pm, Eric lets Binx out into the backyard to relieve himself. I no longer "have" to come home to do it, and will either work late, OR, go to the gym right from work...not getting home until 7 pm anyhow. I won't be around to hear the music, and won't be bothered by it.

I left Eric a note, asking if this solution will work. I hope he says YES! It is the best of both worlds...the band can play, and I am not home, but, not taking care of my obligations....

What do you guys think????

sasvermont
10-11-2003, 12:30 PM
If everyone lives up to the agreements, then WOW, everyone wins! Great deal - great thinking!

SAS:) ;)

Aspen and Misty
10-11-2003, 12:30 PM
I LOVE it! I think it's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Good thinking!

Ash

mugsy
10-11-2003, 01:10 PM
You are so good Jo!! I am duly impressed.

popcornbird
10-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Catapault sure is a SMART lawyer! :D :p Good thinking! Great solution! :D

moosmom
10-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Johanna,

I've got to say that you have the patience of a saint!! I would've cited the son. Record or no record. I mean, why should YOU have to sacrifice YOUR peace and quiet for a kid that really doesn't give a rat's patoot? IMO, I think you gave in waaaaay to quickly. But like you said, they are your neighbors and you do have to live next to them.

Anyway, I supposed that coming to SOME kind of agreement is better than nothing. Let's hope this kid sticks to his part of the bargain.

Tonya
10-11-2003, 01:58 PM
That sounds like a great solution! I hope it works out. Keep us posted.

Cincy'sMom
10-11-2003, 02:24 PM
I think it sounds like a good solution. And of course Eric needs to know that if he screws it up, the citation is made, end of story.

Good Luck!

carole
10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
What a great solution, I can well understand you not wanting to cite him, after all we were all young once, and probably at one time in our lives annoyed some-one with our loud music.

let us hope it all works out just fine, GOOK LUCK. and WELL DONE.

micki76
10-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I've got to say that you have the patience of a saint!! I would've cited the son. Record or no record. I mean, why should YOU have to sacrifice YOUR peace and quiet for a kid that really doesn't give a rat's patoot? IMO, I think you gave in waaaaay to quickly. But like you said, they are your neighbors and you do have to live next to them.

I agree! I would've cited the brat and would certainly not sacrifice my peace of mind and peace in my own home! Wow!

shais_mom
10-11-2003, 10:30 PM
As long as it works for you! :)

pitc9
10-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Sounds good!!!
Make sure you keep us posted about it!!!!!

SeamusK
10-12-2003, 09:43 AM
well, i'm in a band, but its very isolated in my basement so nobody can hear :)

Anyway. Nice idea!! you geeeenius!!!

Cataholic
10-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, 24 hours after I left the son a note..still no contact. Hmmmm....band practice is tomorrow night!

Cataholic
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
I saw Marcie, the mom, today. She approached me and said Eric was tickled to death about the plan, we hugged, and both apologized for how out of control it got. She will be the one letting Binx out, and she has already asked me if she needs to let him in again, after a certain amount of time. I told her as long as it is above 50, he can stay outside for a couple of hours....but, once we get to cold weather, 30 minutes, and let him back in. She has a golden and a puppy, so, she knows doggies...and she won't let him get cold.

I am soooo glad this has worked out like it has!!!!:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Binx got Ear Plugs??

And who'z gonna stuff em in on Band Nites?? :confused:

captain
10-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Binx got Ear Plugs??

And who'z gonna stuff em in on Band Nites?? :confused:

Hee hee ...... Yes!! Binxy boy needs ear plugs for band night ...:p

Johanna - what a great solution. I really hope it all works out for the best for you .

MAKES NOTE IN DIARY - If ever need a lawyer, phone Johanna ....... CLOSES DIARY :o

Miss Meow
10-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I saw Marcie, the mom, today. She approached me and said Eric was tickled to death about the plan, we hugged, and both apologized for how out of control it got. She will be the one letting Binx out, and she has already asked me if she needs to let him in again, after a certain amount of time. I told her as long as it is above 50, he can stay outside for a couple of hours....but, once we get to cold weather, 30 minutes, and let him back in. She has a golden and a puppy, so, she knows doggies...and she won't let him get cold.

I am soooo glad this has worked out like it has!!!!:)

So hang on, the mother is going to look after Binx while the noisy kid has band practice!!! No wonder he's happy with the deal! ;) At least you know that Binxy will be looked after. :)

koxka
10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
So hang on, the mother is going to look after Binx while the noisy kid has band practice!!! No wonder he's happy with the deal! ;) At least you know that Binxy will be looked after. :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same. :rolleyes:

Foam
10-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Awesome! :)

ramanth
10-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I hope it works out. :)

But if they're still jamming at 9 p.m., I'd be on the phone so fast...... :)

cloverfdx
10-13-2003, 10:06 AM
i hope the deal works out just fine :)

i was also wondering if the noise upsets Binxs ?

Cinder & Smoke
10-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
I was also wondering if the noise upsets Binx ?

Sorta doubt it...

Nuffin upsets da Binx Boy!! :p

:D

catland
10-13-2003, 10:42 AM
I hope this works out. Its always so ugly to create a neighborhood feud when it can be avoided. :)

Soledad
10-13-2003, 10:51 AM
I hope it works out and that the people are trustworthy enough to receive your very trusting gift of opening your house to them.

lbaker
10-13-2003, 11:02 AM
There are VERY inexpensive ways to sound-proof (almost) the windows, doors and walls in a room where the band is practicing. Even if it's just layers of cardboard or packing/moving blankets. Perhaps you could suggest that as an additional way to keep the peace. Who knows, the kids parents may appreciate it as well ;)

Logan
10-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Can't help but believe that one of the reasons the mom is so anxious to help out is that she is glad she knows where her son is, regardless of how loud he is!!! :o But I know it has to be an irritant to you, Johanna. I know how I hate noise from neighbors (have had that problem in the past, myself), and I am ultra sensitive about making sure that we keep our dogs quiet so that our neighbors aren't disturbed.

I hope it will all work out. I think you offered a very valuable compromise. :)