PDA

View Full Version : An utterly silly question (poll)

jenluckenbach
10-11-2003, 06:02 AM
When you eat corn right off the cob, after you nibble off the first row do you:
1) twist the cob up and bite with you lower teeth
OR
2) twist the cob down and bite with your upper teeth?

OK, so I am being silly..........:D

anna_66
10-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Your goofy this morning Jen:p

I chose:
1) twist the cob up and bite with you lower teeth:D

10-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Hilarious, Jen!
I think I bite with my upper teeth, but I am sure that the lower ones do their job too;) ;) !
Btw, I just LOVE corn on the cob! I ate it for the first time in 1983, when we came to live in the USA for 2 years. Since then, it is included in almost every BBQ we have :p :p

Kfamr
10-11-2003, 06:37 AM
I don't like eating corn on the cob. I hate how it gets stuck in my teeth.

I LOVE to cut it off the cob, and put lots of yummy butter on it though!

Fresh corn, mmmmmmm.;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Fresh corn, mmmmmmm.;)

Yep, me too!!!!

neko1
10-11-2003, 08:27 AM
I twist the cob down, then bite with the upper teeth.;) :p

Cataholic
10-11-2003, 09:09 AM
I eat the whole cob. There is alot of fiber in it.

lynnestankard
10-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Mmmmm - I adore corn on the cob - but sort of do a 'mad rabbit nibble' looking rather demented and causing lots of hilarity!
What made you think of this Jen? Is it just a slow morning with you?!:D

Lynne

Freckles
10-11-2003, 10:20 AM
I can't remember! I'll have to cook up a cob or two and take notes. :D

Aspen and Misty
10-11-2003, 10:26 AM
I take my fork and run it down the cob so that all the little corn pieces get stuck on my fork. That ay I don't smile at someone and have thousands of pieces of corn in my braces :p

Ash

Tonya
10-11-2003, 10:29 AM
I never eat corn on the cob. I hate having it in my teeth. I take a knife and cut all the corn off first.

RubyMutt
10-11-2003, 11:50 AM
I had to give this some serious thought. After knawing on an invisible cob of corn I found that I in fact (2) twist the cob down and bite with my upper teeth :D

GoldenRetrLuver
10-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Fresh corn, mmmmmmm.;)

Same here! I esspecially can't eat it off the cob, with my braces. :p

Karen
10-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Isn't corn-on-the-cob offlimits for braces-wearers? It was when I had braces, that I know.

I start at the left, work, my way to the right, using top AND bottom teeth. But I have biiiiig front teeth (before braces I did a really good bunny impression) so I probably use those, primarily.

TheAntiPam
10-11-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm glad I read this poll at home alone! I looked pretty silly gnawing on my finger to test which way to roll that cob! :p

My grandmother had a garden full of sweet corn - nothing like corn only 15 minutes old from the garden to the table! Now that I'm a bit *ahem* older, I know how much work it was to grow and protect those golden kernels from bugs and other perils of the gardening world!:eek:

Ahhhhh, sweet corn!!!!!

isis
10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
I don't like it.I'd rather have it out of the can.I also HATE the way it gets stuck in my teeth.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Isn't corn-on-the-cob offlimits for braces-wearers? It was when I had braces, that I know.

My orthodontist said it is. One of the reasons I don't eat it off the cob. I want them off ASAP! ;)

Cheshirekatt
10-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Actually I can't wait to get my braces off....then I can eat corn on the cob again. :D

micki76
10-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I had to give this some serious thought. After knawing on an invisible cob of corn I found that I in fact (2) twist the cob down and bite with my upper teeth :D

LOL! I can just see you! LMAO! Hope you were at home and alone! :D :D :D

Aspen and Misty
10-11-2003, 09:26 PM
O yea, I shouldn't be eating this gum should I? ::spits gum out:: grabs bag of taffy, better? ;) :p

Ash

Karen
10-11-2003, 09:55 PM
No, no taffy either! Man, oh, man, you don't wanna snap one of those wires! No nuts, no apples, especially No caramel apples, no gum, no corn-on-the-cob ... no fun! I had braces for two years, 2 months and 14 days - which was about 2 months longer thaan my mom expected, so that year I got nuts in my Christmas stocking ( tradition in my family - a tangerine in the toe, the foot filled with peanuts and other nuts-in-the-shells, then goodies in the long part of the tsocking) becuase we all thought I'd have them off any day ... when we went to the orthodontist the week after Christmas, he said - nope - not for another couple months ... so my Mom, in apology, made walnut butter and peanut butter out of what I had saved. They were both pretty good, actually, but we were alll glad when I got my braces off! :D

gini
10-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Jen, what a silly question, but fun. In a flash I knew exactly what I do. I twist the cob down and bite the next row with my upper teeth.

I LOOVEEE corn on the cob! butter, salt, pepper, yum.

I have another silly question that I will post separately for fun.