PDA

View Full Version : Remember those days?

wolfsoul
10-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Did you ever have times when you were a kid, and you'd do the silliest things with your pets?

My stepmom says she remembers walking in the room one day when I was 7, and seeing poor Leather in a dress and a doll bonnet and baby socks with the saddest "help me" pathetic look on her face; and there I was, petting her, and hugging her, and making her "pretty." Poor Leather. lol.

How about you?

SeamusK
10-10-2003, 08:17 PM
when i was about 9 i remember dressing jefe up in a dress LOL!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-10-2003, 08:20 PM
LOL, poor Leather.

When I was about 7 or 8, I had a Dachshund named Todo. (RB :() We had this "mini playground" in the backyard, complete with swings, ladders, and a slide. I would take Todo up to the top and push him down the slide. :o Poor Todo...

The good 'ol days. ;)

lynnestankard
10-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Leaning on an open door here Wolfsoul!!

Back in the dark ages when I was about 4 - I used to dress our cat in my dolls clothes, put him (yes he was a he!!) in my dolls pram and wheel him up and down the road - he never tried to run away, bite or scratch me - in fact he seemed to enjoy the whole thing!! :D :eek: :D

Lynne

Amber
10-11-2003, 10:22 AM
When I was about 6 or 7 I had this baby stroler and I would put Katie or my cat (Mindy RB) in there and stroll them around outside. lol and when I was 3 I would dress my cat (mindy RB) up in dolls cols and put her in the baby bed. lol

Tonya
10-11-2003, 10:22 AM
This wasn't a super young age...like 14-15...My dog, Scooter used to hang out in the front yard all day long. We lived next to a school, so all the school kids would stop and pet him. He loved the attention.

Well, my brothers and I shaved a mo-hawk on Scooter and dyed it pink.

Everyone would walk by and point and laugh at him. Poor Scooter knew everyone was making fun of him. He slipped into depression and was like an old grumpy man. We didn't realize what his problem was until we shaved his mohawk off and he became spunky again. hehe.

10-11-2003, 12:08 PM
My mom tells me that I loved to dress my cat. I put doll"s clothes on her, and then put her in my doll-stroller. That surely must have been a special cat, cause none of my rascals I have now would ever allow that :eek: :rolleyes: ! He he, silly kids , LOL!

RubyMutt
10-11-2003, 12:17 PM
lol, Yes! My RB miniature schnauzer was little enough to fit in some of my larger doll's clothes. The poor girl...

Rachel
10-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I lived on a farm as a kid and my mother wasn't one for arranging or facilitating playdates with other kids, so my pets were essentially my friends as well. When I played house, I would pretend that my cat, Tom, was my husband. :o :o

Cincy'sMom
10-11-2003, 05:48 PM
The first dogs we had, I was too young to do anything to. Then we went dogless fromthe time I was 2 until I was 14, and Oreo wouldnothave let you put anything on her ( She still won't!). As a result, now that I am in my late 20's I put clothes (or at least costumes, antlers and for Spot a coat) on my dogs :)