PDA

View Full Version : cat question for Maggie

Amber
10-10-2003, 02:24 PM
My cat Maggie is now 10 months old. She has a new behavior problem. First it was biting people and now she wants to chew on objects like Anything!! How can I get this habbit to stop? I always try to catch her in the act and say Maggie No! but it's not working too well.
any suggestions?

bluekat
10-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for you. But Blueberry used to do that before too, when playing. Actually, he still does:p
Maybe Maggies teething and needs to bite on something? I don't know, but if she's ten months, and they supposed to be through the teething?:confused:
Well, Good Luck!:) Just keep on telling her NO, and maybe soon she'll stop.

Amber
10-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Thankyou for the suggest hopfully it will stop.

Miss Meow
10-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Mini chews a lot on things, especially library books because he likes their interesting smell :eek: Try getting things out of Maggie's reach if you can, as she can't chew what she can't reach. If she's chewing big stuff like your lounge, a quick squirt with a water pistol might deter her. Does she have enough toys and do you give her plenty of play time? She might be chewing out of boredom. Good luck :)

BastetsMum
10-11-2003, 02:05 AM
I gave Bastet some human beef jerky when she started chewing as a kitten - not too much but enough to keep her distracted from the object she was chewing. I used to yell NO! and spray with a water pistol and that would stop her chewing stuff. NO! just doesn't work on Bastet she just looks at my like *Going to make me stop?!*

Amber
10-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Maggie has alot of toys, maybe she is bored with them? Ill try a water pistol and see if it works. Thankyou