PDA

View Full Version : Nebo's new friend, and the results of his test! <pics>

wolf_Q
10-09-2003, 10:41 PM
One of the girls I work with just adopted a dog. His name is Sisco...he's a 6 month old Aussie mix. She adopted him from Australian Shepard rescue/Wasatch Humane..they come and do adoptions every Saturday at Petco, and we bath dogs for them (for free) all the time. She actually met him when he came in to be bathed and fell in love. Nebo seems to really like him too. Isn't he cute?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p0ebc5fa76701b3b5651822ef9a093ecf/faddf455.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p9b7f3448115cfe1a7cd6a962ac89b718/faddf452.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pb25dbfea0215c30c93832f1f1c572e1e/faddf44d.jpg
And here's Nebo on the table...he always jumps right on for me! "What, me shed? Are you kidding?" ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pb8f4c4a02a65b9c897bed77f92e1afee/faddf44c.jpg

Annnnd last but not least....Wednesday was Nebo's last class, and the day of his test. He passed! And so did his other class member, Mickey the irish setter. Yay for Mickey and Nebo!! :D So I've sent in for his official Canine Good Citizenship certificate and tag. He was rewarded of course...4 new toys and a big bag of pressed rawhide. :) Here's a pic of us at Petsmart.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p67af6d5200114ab67de4eedafca9059c/faddfe1f.jpg

I may try training for a therapy animal team now but I'm not sure yet. :)

Kfamr
10-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Awww... Neebutt is so handsome. So is Sisco. :)
And Amy, You're very pretty, and do not say anything otherwise.
Hey -- We need new pics of limp noodle.:D

wolf_Q
10-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Nope, I'm not pretty! :p

I do have new pics of Limp Noodle........her and Nebo went to the dog park last week...I also have pics of that extra cute little Joey...

But this is my 2nd pic post in a week, I don't want everyone sick of me!

Uabassoon
10-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Yay Nebo! Great pictures Amy!

Foam
10-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Wow! What handsome boys. :) Congratulations, Nebo!!! Good boy! **hugs** :D

binka_nugget
10-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Sick of you!?!?! Naw! POST POST POST AWAY! :D

I love sisco! What a gorgeous unique coloring. He's only six months? Wow...I figure there's still a tiny bit of growing left to do.

CONGRATS NEBO!! Feel like giving Kai some lessons? :p

shais_mom
10-10-2003, 12:07 AM
We could never get sick of the gorgeous Nebo and his lovely momma!!!
YEAAA For Nebo!!!
Good Job Sweetie!

popcornbird
10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Great pics! Yes he's cute, but in my opinion, Nebo's cuter! :D :p

Hehehe!

PS. Amy, did you lose weight? In this pic you look so much thinner than in pics you've posted previously. :p You're getting prettier and prettier. :p ;)

ramanth
10-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Great pics! Congrats to you and Nebo! We knew he could do it. :D

You're friend's new dog is very pretty. :)

anna_66
10-10-2003, 09:12 AM
I'm glad to hear that he did so well on his test, I didn't think there would be a problem:)
Looks like Nebo's got a pretty cute friend there, so happy he got himself a new forever home!

And no, we're not sick of pics...what's wrong with you:p

Kater
10-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Congratulations Nebbooooooooo! :D :D :D
Now you are officially a good doggie citizen. ;) (You always were a good boy, but now you've got it in writing!)

Sisco is ADORABLE! Love those Aussie mixes!

thunderdog
10-10-2003, 09:23 AM
congratulations!

cloverfdx
10-10-2003, 09:40 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to you and Nebo on a job well done *i knew he would pass* :D

and Sisco is very beautiful *Ohhh's n Ahhh's* very pretty indeed.

realy we dont mind more pics *please* :)

once again Congrat's

pitc9
10-10-2003, 12:48 PM
I would love to see a new picture of every dog every day!!!!!

ParNone
10-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Nebo!!! WhattaDog!!!!! Congrats wolfq!!! What a great
accomplishment. Hope Oz and I can follow in ya'lls footsteps
at some point. I'd love to do therapy work with Oz too, but
he's just not calm enough yet.

How'd the test go? Did ya'll breeze through the meeting
a stranger part of the test? If you've got time, I'd love to
hear the details of how the whole thing worked.

Sisco is just gorgeous!!! Love his markings...

Par...

Cincy'sMom
10-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Congrats NEBO!!!! Great job on your test!!! I hope Sadie and Spot do as well on their CGC/TDI test Monday night. ( I'm actually more worried about Sadie...)

Sisco is such a cutie!!! Beautiful markings!!

Never too many pictures, Amy! Esp. not of Nebo! :)

primabella
10-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Congratulations! Nebo and Sisco are so handsome! :D

Kater
10-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ParNone

Me too! Details, details!

My Peanuts
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
CONGRADULATIONS NEBO!
I love to hear how Nebo is doing. You two make a cute pair. :D

wolf_Q
10-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Great pics! Yes he's cute, but in my opinion, Nebo's cuter! :D :p

Hehehe!

PS. Amy, did you lose weight? In this pic you look so much thinner than in pics you've posted previously. :p You're getting prettier and prettier. :p ;)

Not a significant amount....I think maybe that's just a more fat hiding angle.

I love sisco! What a gorgeous unique coloring. He's only six months? Wow...I figure there's still a tiny bit of growing left to do.

Well since he was a rescue I'm sure the age is just an estimate. I bet he weighs less then 40 lbs right now, I think Nebo's got a good 10-15 lbs on him lol.

Nebo!!! WhattaDog!!!!! Congrats wolfq!!! What a great
accomplishment. Hope Oz and I can follow in ya'lls footsteps
at some point. I'd love to do therapy work with Oz too, but
he's just not calm enough yet.

Sisco is just gorgeous!!! Love his markings...

Par...

Thanks! :D Nah, we didn't just breeze through it. We've been working on the stranger thing each day in class. The trainer and I have agreed that Nebo's just not a dog that likes to be petted....he has more personal space than your average dog lol. He's kinda like the exact opposite of a golden retriever in personality. But after repeatedly having people let him come up to them, and then give him treats...he's SO much better now. Now when he sees people (even men) instead of backing away he wags his tail a bit and goes up and sniffs their hand...expecting treats of course. :rolleyes: He still doesn't really like them petting him, and he's still a bit timid, but he's being more tolerant.

I think one of the worst was the reaction to another dog...both Mickey and Nebo are around the same age, and they just want to PLAY! Nebo doesn't react much to older dogs usually.
We went fast and made it through lol.

I'm not so sure how well Nebo'd do with therapy work either....I've just talked to a couple of people and apparently people in my area (Utah County) are VERY needed. I think there's only 2 dogs or something like that. I've told them he is not really a "people friendly" dog and won't just sit there to be petted, hugged, etc. They said there's other activities for dogs like him like doing tricks, fetching balls, etc. and people are happy just to be able to see the dog. I'll have to talk to them again...I think it's like $30 just for an hour evaluation though...:o

Crikit
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
WOO HOO BEBO! Congrats to you both Amy, I know how hard you worked with him to pass the test. Now send him over here so he can teach my crew some maners.

Cataholic
10-12-2003, 05:37 PM
When I saw Nebo's picture, I was like, "he looks so dern familar to me"...LOL, it is my memory, I need help!!

Congrats on his test, and his social skills sound like they are coming along. Nebo just may never be the 'in your face all the time' doggie. That's ok. His looks can be better admired from afar! Just tell that to strangers that want to pet him..he he he...beauty don't like closeness, stay back!

lovemyshiba
10-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Congratulations Nebo!!
A Canine Good Citizen--what an accomplishment!!!
Congrats to you too Amy!!

Sisco is adorable--he and your friend are lucky to have found each other.

Dakota's Mommy
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
CONGRATS on passing the test! Great pics too! Thanks for sharing!