PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a simple question??????

Rio and Me
10-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Well as you may know?
My mum has gone on holiday to america (San Fransico, Las Vegas and Sacremento)
Well i havnt bin able to get hold of her!! she left a quick message on my mobile and said that i will try and send you a card but there are no stamps or post boxs????? (this is in San Fransico)
so how do you send anything?
If you can answer this it would be interesting!
thanks
Ky

micki76
10-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Stamps can be purchased at any post office. And there are mailboxes all over the place here in my area. Perhaps they look a bit different here than they do in the UK? Her hotel should be able to provide her with postage and postal service, as well.

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Post offices sell stamps and she can also mail it right there. If she just buys stamps to mail later, tell her to look for a blue USPS mailbox that looks like this:

http://www.dennisprager.com/mailbag/media/mailbox.jpg

(except for the dennisprager writing on it...)

aly
10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
They do have stamps and post offices in San Francisco :)

Maybe she just hasn't run across any.

tatsxxx11
10-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Hope you hear from her soon!! The desk at the hotel should be able to mail it for her; most have that service; or at least, direct her to a mailbox! I hope she's having a good time:) Has she been to the U.S. before? San Francisco is beautiful; my favorite American city, along with NYC! And Las Vegas, well, it's a blast! But just wondering, why Sacremento? No offense meant, Californians!! Maybe she'll run into Ahhhnold!;) I hope she's able to take a drive up Highway 1, along the coast, see Big Sur, Monterey, etc.! Please let us know when you hear from her. We're going to worry till you do!;)

Rio and Me
10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
shes never left UK before and shes gone with a friend!!! even though i havent talked to her since she got there but i know for a fact shell love it!!!!
such a beautifull place!!!
im sure she just didnt know what they looked like!!!
Whats wrong with Sacramento?
i too have never bin abroad but belive me the first place im going is SF
Ky

tatsxxx11
10-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Nothing at ALL wrong with Sacremento!!:) I just wasn't aware that is was a tourist type area, but then again, I live on the "East Coast," so what do I know!:D ! But, it is the capital ciity, and all of Calif. is beautiful, and I'm sure she'll love it!:) Do let us know when you hear from her!

Rio and Me
10-09-2003, 04:57 PM
well she says its hard to contact me soo i dont know when ill hear from her but her friend has a friend who lives in Sacramento so there going after SF and L.V!

sabies
10-09-2003, 06:24 PM
hmmm, she's probably just having too much fun

CA is beautiful and the latest motto in the commercials for LV is "what happens here stays here" so don't be surprised if she acts mysterious about her time there!

Rio and Me
10-10-2003, 04:07 AM
yes i cant imagin whats shes doing,lol (gambling,tut tut,lol)(but she doesnt know what im doing either,lol)
shes not fond of really busy toristy places so i think she like it!!!
I cant wait for the photos!!!
I soooo love the look of Utah though, i will go there i will i will i will!!!!!!!
Ky