PDA

View Full Version : :( :( we have to put her down :( :(

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
well :( we have had morris(a girl) For a very very long time, she was weee little when my brother brought her home in his tshirt pocket, with her little head sticking out. shes now 18, And can barely walk. Not just that, But because she cant walk very well, She can't make it to the litter box, and she has stopped eating, we try and feed her hard catfood, She doesnt want it. We try and give her wet cat food, she licks it on'ce and then lays down and stops.. She's going blind.. And she is already deaf.. we have come to the sad conclusion... :(:(:( we have to put her down :(:(:(

PS: We are going to try and keep her as long as we can.

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 01:38 PM
*bump* :(

ramanth
10-09-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Morris' health is failing.

But take heart in knowing she had a good long life with you, full of love and memories. :)

*hugs*

catland
10-09-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry. Its so hard to say goodby to your friend - even when you know its the end of her life.

Be good to her and give her lots of chin scratchies and love, and if you think she's suffering, then its time.

:(

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Thank you guys... :( i am gonna miss her. but shes not gone yet... :) i havnt said goodbye yet...

slick
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
That's sooo sad. Dear sweet Morris, what awaits you is a big playground full of other kitties and toys and when you get to the Rainbow Bridge you'll be young and healthy again. One other thing Morris, please watch over your Meowmie.

Hugs to you SeamusK. Sounds like Morris had a loving home. Morris's eyes will tell you that it's time. Do you have a picture of Morris you can post in her honour??

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 01:44 PM
no but i'll be sure to get one as soon as possible

kuhio98
10-09-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm so sorry for your family. This has got to be the hardest decision we all face. You'll know when the time is right. Here is a favorite poem that says it much more eloquently than I.

If It Should Be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.
Then you must do what must be done
When this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Selfishness might stay your hand.
But on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years
That what's to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer. So,
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.
Only -- stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you, too, will see
It is a kindness that you do for me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.
Who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years...
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

bluekat
10-09-2003, 01:55 PM
oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about that:(:( But I know that she had a very good life with you.:)

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 01:56 PM
thank you for the poem. i'm crying, and its hard to stop...... :(
well, morris is getting sleep she needs, i'll get you all a picture when she wakes up.

Edwina's Secretary
10-09-2003, 01:57 PM
So sorry you are faced with this decision -- one we all dread.

My thoughts are with you. Godspeed Morris.

10-09-2003, 02:03 PM
What a heartbreaking story...!I know it is hard to say goodbye to your sweetheart Morris :( . But, reading what you wrote about him, makes me believe that Morris would be much happier at the Rainbow Bridge. At the RB, there is no hurting, no pain, and lots of other cats to play with. Tell Morris that my dearest Sydney-boy is waiting to welcome her at the "other" end!
I wish you lots of courage! Take care :)

SeamusK
10-09-2003, 02:05 PM
thank you all.. i'm very happy people care (hugs everyone).

ps: morris has dhearia ew..

K & L
10-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Our dog is 15, deaf, blind, and has cancer. The vet said until she shows signs of pain or not eating, she should still be able to live in comfort. This was about 6 months ago and she's still around. It's a hard decision, and I'm sorry you have to make this.

catcrazylady
10-09-2003, 02:59 PM
This makes my heart hurt http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif Some day we will all be together again.

RedHedd
10-09-2003, 04:15 PM
It's the hardest decision you will ever have to make and you will know when the time is right to do what you need to do. My RB Goldie had lost control of her bodily functions at the end and I knew it was time. You've had a good, long life together. Morris will let you know when it's time to leave. Be gentle with each other until then.

2kitties
10-09-2003, 04:16 PM
It is always painful to say goodbye. There is no easy way to do it. But you will do the right thing when the time comes, what you have to do. And you should feel good about it. You will have great memories of many years.

wolfsoul
10-09-2003, 07:31 PM
(((hugs)))

She'll be in a good place. Thank you for taking the resonsible decision of helping her on her way. It's all for the better.

Uabassoon
10-09-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Morris :(

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Morris. :( I know from experience that this is a very hard decision to make. I'm sure she'll let you know when it's time.

wolf_Q
10-09-2003, 10:46 PM
So sorry to hear that. :(

sqwelch
10-10-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your news, I know exactly how you feel. I had to get my baby (Jock) put down a month ago and it broke my heart. Its the hardest and saddest thing I've ever done in my life but deep down I knew it was for the best. Time is a great healer and I'm able to talk about the happy times we had together but there isn't a day goes by where I don't think about him. Hugs to you, be strong !!!

catmandu
10-11-2003, 09:34 AM
My Little Cat Angels will make sure that dear Morris gets a warm reception in Cat Heaven. And Morris will always love you and appreciate the Love and care that you gave him. And we will be together , All of us who love and Care for our Pets! And then PARTY ON!For all of US!

rg_girlca
10-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Oh Seamusk, my heart goes out to you. This is the hardest decision a pet owner has to make.
Just look into her eyes, she will let you know when it is time to say goodbye.
Wishing you all the best and my prayers and thoughts will be with you and your precious Morris.

trayi52
10-12-2003, 05:20 PM
My pyewackett, was like that, she got to where she would not eat, and lost so much weight, I knew she didn't have long, she was 16 years old. The night she died, she tried to hide from me under the bed, but I made her come out and she died in my arms. She looked so peaceful, like she just went to sleep in my arms. I just did not have the heart to have her put down. I guess I was being selfish, but she had been with me so long, I just couldn't do it, and couldn't let go of her. It was very hard. I am sorry you are having to go through this too. Whatever you choose to do, I am with you.:( :( :(