PDA

View Full Version : Ebby`s odd tongue!! Well, maybe.. (pics)

ChrisH
10-09-2003, 01:11 PM
.....perhaps you can tell me different!:D

I went to change my bed linen and found Ebby sleeping so sweet, so I went and got my camera - as you do .... and then I noticed.....she has a forked tongue!!:eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pecb010d2c283352f660266e4ecbf5a99/fadf21de.jpg

Got closer
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pcc219190fbbcb57d8e6b99e586b65271/fadf21da.jpg

She was fully awake by now, and quite peeved if the look on her face was anything to go by!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pa8c7f2923cc2e5e40e912965bbf58d5d/fadf21d2.jpg

I had been reading about black cats, witches and halloween, right here on Pet Talk, and with that in mind I asked her, "are you really a cat, or something else too?"
Of course she did not speak - now that would have been scary! :D - just replied by doing this....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pa59664c1862c668dd94b2f8b40f82745/fadf21c7.jpg

:D :D :D

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 01:12 PM
I love it when I talk to Sherman and he kind of throws himself upside down like Ebby in that last picture!! It's so cute!!

No, Ebby didn't look too pleased at you waking her up but that tongue is WEIRD!!! It is forked, unless that was just hair on it that made it look that way!! I'd rename her Lizard!! LOL

shais_mom
10-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Forked tonge or not she is a beautiful kitty!!
Funny that it wasn't noticed until now!! he he!!
Give her a scritch from me!

ramanth
10-09-2003, 01:37 PM
WOWWEE!!! I think it's cool. :cool: :o :D You could call her Ebby Izzard. ;) *giggles*

Ebby.. you are a charmer. ;)

I've seen pics of a cat with 2 pairs of ears (one right behind the other) It sounds odd, but it's really cute. :)

Pam
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Chris my first thought was a scary one. I know Ebby was a rescue and I am shuddering to think that maybe someone mean :mad: did that to her before she came to the shelter. Do you know anything about her past? Was she turned in or was she a stray? The only reason this thought popped into my mind was that she is a black cat and there are some real sickos on this earth. I hope and pray it is just a fluke. At any rate, it certainly does make her stand out in a crowd! :)

10-09-2003, 02:08 PM
How cute!!

Edwina's Secretary
10-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Isn't the symetry between her eyes and her tongue interesting???

Such a silken kitty!

ChrisH
10-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
WOWWEE!!! I think it's cool. :cool: :o :D You could call her Ebby Izzard. ;) *giggles*....
LOL, Kimmy! :D :D

Originally posted by shais_mom
......Funny that it wasn't noticed until now!!..
I know! I can`t believe I never noticed it before, thats why it freaked me out a little bit ! I can only find two other pictures with her tongue showing - I will attach them - and her tongue looks normal to me. :eek:

Originally posted by Pam
Chris my first thought was a scary one. I know Ebby was a rescue and I am shuddering to think that maybe someone mean did that to her before she came to the shelter. Do you know anything about her past? Was she turned in or was she a stray? The only reason this thought popped into my mind was that she is a black cat and there are some real sickos on this earth. I hope and pray it is just a fluke. At any rate, it certainly does make her stand out in a crowd!
Pam, that never even occured to me! All that horrible black cat stuff is sort of new to me, because over here black cats are mostly thought of as being lucky. Good luck cards have black cats on them etc. But regardless of the black part, you are right, there are a lot of sickos about who do some terrible things.
I don`t know a whole lot about Ebbys past, just that she was taken into the shelter as a pregnant stray, fostered out until she and her kittens were ready to be parted (btw, she had two). Was adopted out for a few months, then taken back to the shelter where she stayed until she came home with me last December 4.
Got me thinking as to how no-one at the shelter noticed her tongue either, or maybe they did and didn`t think anything of it.
I just hope and pray that is a natural thing, it would would be heartbreaking to be otherwise.

Thank you all for your lovely comments, about my little girl. :) I am happy you all still think she is pretty, even if she does have an odd tongue.

But Kimmy, Ebby Izzard :D I think she is going to get stuck with that!:D

ChrisH
10-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Ooops! forgot the attachment:o

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Now that I look at it closer, it looks like fur from her chest is positioned in a way that makes her tongue look forked. :)

lynnestankard
10-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Not at all sure about the tongue Chris - but great pics! Whatever happened -she's still one beautiful furbaby xx

She's definately Ebby Izzard now!! So funny Kimmy :D :D

Lynne

2kitties
10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Ebby,
This is Taz. You are one hot mamma and that forked tongue makes my motor purrrrr! Wow!
Taz.

ChrisH
10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Now that I look at it closer, it looks like fur from her chest is positioned in a way that makes her tongue look forked. :)
I am not saying you are wrong, but look at this blow up of the first pic (attached)

ChrisH
10-09-2003, 05:14 PM
I guess the only way to be sure is to get another picture of her tongue... if only Ebby would oblige!!:D

Thanks Lynne!:D

Taz,
I think you are pretty hot too!
Ebbs

Soledad
10-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Wow! It's so hard to tell.

Either way, Boo still swoons when he sees her pics online. ;) :p

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah it is hard to tell... maybe she cut it on somethin'... :shrug:

Uabassoon
10-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Ebby sure is a beautiful cat, the forked tounge makes her unique :) I love the name Ebby Izzard.

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Ebby is gorgeous no matter what her tongue looks like. :D

ChrisH
10-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Thanks!:) :) :)

I`ve have been keeping my camera to hand most of the time trying to get another picture of that tongue! :D But none so far. :( I have taken a lot of pictures of her anyway though, just because!! :) So be forewarned and prepared to find Pet Talk awash with Ebby (Izzard yet to be proved :D) pics in the near future!:D

ramanth
10-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
She's definately Ebby Izzard now!! So funny Kimmy :D :D

LOL Lynne! :D I'm glad you found it funny. :) Just so you know Ebby.... I think you are WAY cuter than Eddie Izzard. :D ;)

lynnestankard
10-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
LOL Lynne! :D I'm glad you found it funny. :) Just so you know Ebby.... I think you are WAY cuter than Eddie Izzard. :D ;)

Not too sure Kimmy..............I reckon Eddie is verrrrrrry cute in his own special way!! :D :eek:

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
10-11-2003, 09:50 AM
A friend of my Mum's had to take her cat to the vet once because it wasn't eating. The vet discovered that the cat's tongue had been sliced straight down the middle; very likely by a squirrel, the vet felt. The tongue healed up, but I don't know whether it left any lasting mark.

You would think that the vet might have mentioned this, if Ebby has ever had her teeth examined.

She's a very beautiful girl though and I'm looking forward to all those new pictures.:)

ChrisH
10-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
A friend of my Mum's had to take her cat to the vet once because it wasn't eating. The vet discovered that the cat's tongue had been sliced straight down the middle; very likely by a squirrel, the vet felt. The tongue healed up, but I don't know whether it left any lasting mark.
Poor baby :(

You would think that the vet might have mentioned this, if Ebby has ever had her teeth examined.
Ah, well, I got her insured and I registered her with the vet but I have never taken her there yet. :o I was supposed to take her in August for her innoculations etc to be brought up to date, but after reading various things I decided that they weren`t really neccessary. I know I should take her for a check-up anyway, and I will, but getting the money together is a problem at the moment. (I just had to pay for a washing machine repair, cost me over half my months food budget!!) And will be for a few months yet.

She's a very beautiful girl though and I'm looking forward to all those new pictures.:)
Aww thank you! :) As for the pictures, you could be sorry you said that!:D :D

Chris

BastetsMum
10-11-2003, 04:16 PM
The neighbours cat (male) has a forked tongue like that from a fight he got into. Maybe Ms Izzard :D was in a few scraps before becoming a beautiful indoor kitty.

ChrisH
10-12-2003, 07:12 AM
Thanks BastetsMum, that could well be what happened.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Chris, of course you realise that if you are waiting to take a pic of her with her tongue sticking out, it will be the one thing she WON'T do!!

She is really beautiful!

ChrisH
10-12-2003, 08:16 AM
LOL, yes, I think I have figured that out now!:D

Thanks!!:) :)