PDA

View Full Version : hope

RICHARD
10-09-2003, 12:43 PM
One thing I have noticed about the world lately is that people have no hope anymore.

Like what's the deal??

Is there something that excites you? That makes you look forward to tomorrow??

Life does kick your butt and leave you with bruises, but there has to be something that you
look forward to in your life.

What is it?

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 12:47 PM
1. Getting up and being able to snuggle with Samantha. While I'm at work, I can't wait for 5pm so I can go home and spend the evening with her. If it's a day where I have other plans after work, my heart actually aches I miss her so much.

2. My wedding. I cannot wait to become Jaime L. Patterson. I'm having a great time planning everything and I'm very anxious to see it all happen.

3. After my wedding, I will look forward to spending every single day with my husband and starting a family.

Rio and Me
10-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Well thinking about it!
i love my work!!! but i hate the getting up early (you know you just wanna stay there for 5 more minutes,lol) but once im up i love the mornings there so peacefull and your like the only one in the world! i love that feeling!
and i always thought that i hope to much and that i may get let down but you know the saying "you can only hope"
Ky
P.S Rio likes the mornings too shes always waiting for her walk to frolic around without bother!!!

slick
10-09-2003, 12:52 PM
The few cancer patients that I come in contact with give me all the hope I need. I look forward to retirement when I can get a dog and spend more time doing volunteer work. In the meantime, I'm happy with what I got; a roof over my head, a car, a job, food in the fridge, my cats, and of course Pet Talk and Thursday's at Dick's Place. Doesn't take much to please me in this world.

cali
10-09-2003, 01:01 PM
being with happy and misty, at school I spend my time drawing border collies on my hands, perfecting being able to draw a border collie on my right hand with my left hand(I am right handed) writing border collies, and border babies, and happy and misty, all over the place, they are drewn all over my hands, and I have more drawing of happy and misty in my book then I have notes..:eek: I am border collie obbessesed

lovemyshiba
10-09-2003, 01:07 PM
My dogs give me hope. I miss them terribly when I am away at work. My husband also gives me hope, and I look forward to seeing him every day!!
I am thankful each day when I wake up, just to be alive, and I am so happy when I turn on the TV and there is no awful news.
I have recently gotten better at being optimistic--I annoy myself even, when I am thinking of the positives in situations sometimes!!!!!

tomkatzid
10-09-2003, 01:25 PM
I hope we win the lotto;)

Cheshirekatt
10-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Even though she's a total pain in the behind, I love it when Tigerlily wakes me up every morning at 5:30 with purrs and meows. She's not hungry, she just wants love and scritches. Then she cuddles up on my pillow, next to my face and purrs.

*sigh*

Total contentment.

*huge beauty contestant vaseline smile*

I also hope for world peace and the end to world-wide hunger. Thank you.

RICHARD
10-09-2003, 05:33 PM
I hope this is end of the bad news coming into my house...

Aunt dies week and a half ago.
My brother GF gets killed, in front of my
brother, crossing the street.
My nephew's wifes passes and my sister's
dog checks out......

Some days it just don't pay to wake up...

Miss Meow
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Richard, I'm sorry about all the sadness around you right now.

Soledad
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
OMG, RICHARD!!

I'm so sorry about all of your losses. I hope you and your family are strangers to bad news for some time!

mugsy
10-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Richard,

I am so incredibly sorry for the losses your family has suffered. There is just too much sadness right now. I hope you can lean on your friends here through this tough time. Please know we're here.

Oh and for hope, I'm also not finding a lot, but, my hope lies in Mike and the dogs. I love dog rescue, dog transport, and anything else I can do to help save dogs. (yes, I AM obsessed).

Stay strong Richard!

Molly

KYS
10-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Richard,
I also am sorry to hear about your family losses.
I believe in hope, because with-out it,
life can seem unbarrable at times.

Pam
10-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Richard I am so sorry to hear about all of the recent losses in your life. I do hope that you can come here to PT and let us cheer you up as you have done so many times for us with your unique brand of humor.

For the last two years the thing that "cranks my tractor" the most is my beautiful grandson. He was born on September 1, 2001 and my life is not the same! If I am having an "off" day he brightens it with his innocent smile. When I hear his voice over the phone I melt. Of course I am thankful for health and family and pets, my job, etc. also. Somehow we have to remind ourselves to count our blessings, don't we? Life is short. Love while you can and tell those you love that you do love them! We are here for you Richard. :)

RICHARD
10-09-2003, 06:16 PM
HEY,

THIS IS A HOPE THREAD......

I wasn't fond of the dog......
In true Pomeranian fashion he would 'jump'
on any shoe, article of clothes left within reach....

Thanks everyone....

Trust me, I have been thru worse.....
one day i'll chronicle my 'Six months of hell'

:eek:

slick
10-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Life is short. Love while you can and tell those you love that you do love them! We are here for you Richard. :)
Ditto!!

You know life sucks sometimes and I just can't understand why so many bad things happen to good people. Please tell me, because there's got to be a lesson in there somewhere.

I'm so sorry you are hurting and I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better :( :(

catland
10-09-2003, 06:30 PM
OK - I don't want to sound to corny here, this really is from the heart.

PT gives me hope.

This place is like a refuge for me. Thank-you, each and everyone of you for being there when any of us needs cheering up, or a shoulder to cry on, or a place to vent about our problems, no matter how big or small.

slick
10-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by catland
OK - I don't want to sound to corny here, this really is from the heart. PT gives me hope. This place is like a refuge for me. Thank-you, each and everyone of you for being there when any of us needs cheering up, or a shoulder to cry on, or a place to vent about our problems, no matter how big or small.
Me too Catland!! I find myself putting the pedal to the medal on Thursday's driving to work and when I get to work the first thing I do is open PT instead of my own email. I've said it before and I'll say it again. How is that I can care so much for people and pets I've never met???? I guess it's just one of those unanswered questions of the universe.

carole
10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Yep Richard you have had way more than your fair share matey, when I see how you have survived all this and much more, that gives me HOPE my friend, that I too can get through just about anything.

Things I look forward to.

My daughter coming home from school.

Hubby walking through the door after work.

waking up and seeing my favourite kitties Ash and lexie.

Chatting with my son, having a real adult conversation with him, and enjoying it.

waking up and seeing the sunshine, and hoping for a happy bright day.

Going online, chatting with my best friend in USA, and of course my favourite PT.

Going Shopping lol.
and many more things, that I cannot think of just now.
P.S I HOPE I win lotto too.!!!! then I can have more cats!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Soledad
10-09-2003, 06:56 PM
RICHARD, I think you're the kind of person who can handle all of these bad things. Perhaps that's why you get them, after all, who else can manage to maintain their wit, playfulness and irreverance in the face of such huge mountains of bad stuff. All the same, I'd say you deserve a vacation.

What gives me hope?

Random acts of kindness.

And I am lucky enough to receive them or bear witness to them on a fairly regular basis.

The other day I was on my way to a temp job and quite lost. A man came out of nowhere and said "how can I help you find where you need to go?" So I told him the address and he practically walked me there. No gross weirdo stuff, either. Just some guy wanting to help a stranger without any concern or secret desire for anything in return.

Sometimes, things like that make me really love people. I try to remember those little moments when I read bad news. :)

Cookiebaker
10-09-2003, 07:07 PM
I hope this doesn't sound too corny, but freedom is what gives me hope. We live in a day & age where we take this for granted; and when I think about it, I'm so thankful and happy that I can be who I want to be; say what I feel; and live my life in freedom.

Besides that, my hubby & my pets give me all the love and care a woman could ask for!! :)