PDA

View Full Version : Questions about "PetFinders" web site

sasvermont
10-09-2003, 11:18 AM
I spend a fair amount of time wandering through their web site, looking at all the animals. I have noticed that the same animals, cats in particular, are there month after month. Do you think they fail to update the web site as often as they should or do you think the poor animals are still waiting for a home. I cannot imagine some of the kittens and puppies lasting too long before being adopted.

Just curious about what everyone / anyone else might know about this web site and my latest past time!

:)

cali
10-09-2003, 11:26 AM
they try to update often, but dont always do it, my mom asked about a dog that was up, she got a reply saying that dog had already been adopted they just had not been able to update yet.

micki76
10-09-2003, 11:31 AM
It depends on the organization that posted the pet originally. Some delete the animal when it gets adopted and some post an update that says *ADOPTED*. Some probably fail to update their postings regularly. Our city shelter (and most of the ones in my area) updates every time there’s a change in the animals status.

lovemyshiba
10-09-2003, 11:33 AM
I think it depends on whoever puts them up for adoption.
We saw Abbey on petfinder, and we took her for a trial basis on a Friday, with intentions to return to sign the papers or bring her back if we had to by Monday. Saturday, she had an "ADOPTED" note by her name--guess he just knew we were the right home!!

sasvermont
10-09-2003, 11:52 AM
I look nearly every day...and it almost satisfies my urge to get another kitten or puppy, something similar to looking at a dress in a catalogue but not buying it!

I know that dresses are not pets and v.v.

I have been so busy lately, with personal situations that I would dare not have tried to adopt another pet. Now that I have a little more time on my hands.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....another cat perhaps...or some other kinda furry thing! Hmmmmmmmmm!

I have fallen in love with Cookiebaker's rabbit. If I could find one as cute and sweet as that fluffy little devil, I would snatch it up in a second!

:cool:

Vermontcat
10-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Sas, I think it depends on the individual shelter how often they update their websites and Petfinder ads.
I have looked at the cats from my local Humane Society at Petfinder and then looked at them in person at the shelter and
obviously some of the kittens that were on Petfinder are no longer available while some of the older cats are there for months.

Oh and if you are serious about looking for a new cat or bunny I can be available to help you with that!:D

luckies4me
10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
I can only speak for our Humane Society, but yes we have the same cats there month after month after month. Some have been there years. Now that the local pound has stopped taking in cats, the Humane Society is overloaded so more cats wait longer to be adopted. It's very sad, but at the same time the cats that live there have it pretty good. They have tons of friends, both feline and humane, and have a huge room with tons of cat trees, scartching posts etc. It's the nicest cat center I have ever seen.

Pam
10-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
it almost satisfies my urge to get another kitten or puppy

Oh SAS what did I just read? A kitten or a PUPPY? Oh I vote for a puppy! It would be so much fun to have on you the dog boards AND the cat boards!! :)

I too visit PetFinders although I have no idea why. It makes me sad because I know I am "maxed out" but yet I still feel compelled to go there about once a week. The shelter where I got Ripley is very good about updating their page, as are my other local ones. There is one No Kill shelter near me and week-after-week and year-after-year the same dogs/cats are there. :( It's hard to see, but still they are alive. :(

Vermontcat
10-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont

I have fallen in love with Cookiebaker's rabbit. If I could find one as cute and sweet as that fluffy little devil, I would snatch it up in a second!

:cool:
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2136767&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3f86df42220bd165-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=

Is this what you are looking for Sas?:D

She's a Lulu and not far from you!;)

catland
10-10-2003, 12:46 PM
SAS - I'd recommend a bunny. I think that a puppy might make the rest of Miley's hair fall out.:eek: (although Juni would probably love it)