PDA

View Full Version : Well... :-\ *wedding pics*

Samantha Puppy
10-08-2003, 08:22 AM
I was debating whether or not to post these here since I am pretty new and still getting to know everyone and get people and their pets straight... but Chinadoll said that I should. So here goes...

Last night I went to order my wedding dress. My fiance's mother went with us (my mom and me) and since she had never seen me in it before, I put it on for her. My mom took pictures so that we can accessorize the dress elsewhere (the tiara there was $350 alone - no veil or anything!).

Keep in mind that by my wedding, I will be much thinner and much more "put together" looking. The waistband will also be higher so it doesn't looks so "messy," the top will fit better, and I will have another crinoline underneath so that the skirt poofs out a little more. There is only one picture where I have the extra crinoline on (I'll tell you). That is how the skirt will look.

Soooo... without further ado... here I am in the dress I chose for my wedding.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feeca4017540000002613 http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feeca4c17580000002613
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feeca4a175e0000002613 http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feecb53d6ef0000002613
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feecb5057dc0000002613
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8feecb11d6ad0000002613 <-- extra crinoline

The last one with the extra crinoline is also how I want my hair. Instead of having it up and having the veil cover it like in the other pictures, I really like it up with the veil coming from "underneath."

Also, the pictures that show the back of the dress, the dress actually goes down in a V. The part that's going straight acrosss is my bra strap. I have a strapless bra, but it's the kind that fastens in the middle of the back instead of at the base. I'll definitely have the kind of strapless bra that fastens at the base of my back for the wedding. :)

Hope the pictures weren't too painful!! :)

Christiansmommy
10-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Very pretty!! I remember trying on my dress and dreaming about "the day". :) You feel like such a princess when that dress is on, don't ya?? And as soon as the veil comes on you really feel like a bride. Anyway, congrats, we can see your excitemnet in all of the pics...you look soo happy :) Congrats!! :)

Robyn

lovemyshiba
10-08-2003, 09:19 AM
Beautiful dress!!!
It was just last year that I bought mine, so I can feel your joy!!!
I like the veil look from underneath--that's how I did mine too!!

Just a tip: I bought my dress from a boutique, and then got all of my accessories from ebay!! Veil, tiara, two sets of jewelry (that I didn't wear), garter, and so much more--I even got stuff for my favors on ebay--there are some fantastic shops for bridal stuff on there--I paid $20 for my veil, and $16 for my tiara!!!! It really helped me save a lot of money!!!

Thank you so much for sharing--when is the wedding??

Samantha Puppy
10-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Beautiful dress!!!
It was just last year that I bought mine, so I can feel your joy!!!
I like the veil look from underneath--that's how I did mine too!!

Just a tip: I bought my dress from a boutique, and then got all of my accessories from ebay!! Veil, tiara, two sets of jewelry (that I didn't wear), garter, and so much more--I even got stuff for my favors on ebay--there are some fantastic shops for bridal stuff on there--I paid $20 for my veil, and $16 for my tiara!!!! It really helped me save a lot of money!!!

Thank you so much for sharing--when is the wedding?? I hadn't thought of eBay! Thanks for the idea. :) You didn't find it difficult to find something not seeing it in person? I've been to plenty of bridal websites that sell tiaras and veils, but I'm so afraid of just going by the picture and having it turn out looking entirely different in real life. (Reason being, I thought I had my bridesmaids dresses all picked out until I actually saw it in real life and it was hideous and not at all what it looked like in the picture. It's kind of made me a little scared to buy anything else just by the picture on a website.)

I had an offer from a friend of my mom's friend whose son got married a couple years ago. His wife wore a cathedral length veil and offered to let me borrow it (or have it, I don't know). But I'm so short, and I think a cathedral length on me would look ridiculous.

The wedding is June 5, 2004 - or 7 months and 28 days OR 241 days. (But I'm not counting!) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

LadyDove
10-08-2003, 09:41 AM
I just had to chuckle, you arent excited are you? Counting the days? It is going to simply look beautiful. Lucky fella you have there. Congrats and before we know it, you will be posting pics of the wedding! May God Bless you both.

Logan
10-08-2003, 09:53 AM
The dress, but mostly the bride, is just gorgeous!!!!! :)

Congratulations to you, and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us!!!! :)

Logan

PJ's Mom
10-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Very pretty! :)

lovemyshiba
10-08-2003, 10:06 AM
I can look through my files and check for the sites where I got my stuff--I believe one was called princessbrides.com or something like that.
The veil was easy to purchase, because to me a lot of them look the same--I contacted all of my sellers, and asked them as many questions as I could think of, before purchasing anything--and most of them had a return policy too. I bought my stuff mainly from ebay stores, and not just from someone selling stuff online, so they all came with a guarantee.

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-08-2003, 10:10 AM
You (and your dress) are beautiful! How excitied you must be!

Here's a tip if you want to save money on the veil: Fabric stores sell the same veil material--"fine tule"--very inexpensively (a few dollars a yard). That way you can customize the length of your veil. They even sell the pearl edging, if you want that. Some also have the headpieces, or you could splurge on the headpiece/tiara elsewhere and attach your own tule from the fabric store. Have fun!

Samantha Puppy
10-08-2003, 10:13 AM
lovemyshiba - that's awesome - thanks so much for idea! If you can look through your files and give me the names of some of the places you used, I would really appreciate that...

Kona & Oreo's mom - Thank you! As for the veil - great idea, but I don't know anyone who could "make" the veil out of the fabric. I want a finely embroidered edge, but who does that sort of stuff? That's a great idea though... </me starts wondering who could make the veil...>

Chinadoll
10-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Now you have me wanting to go dress shopping! I sorta know the style I want, but I still haven't tried anything like it on. How long did it take you to find you dress? Did you look at many places? I have this feeling that I'm going to find a dress I love and it's going to be outrageously expensive.

Anywho...beautiful pics! You and the dress look gorgeous!!

Samantha Puppy
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I went to two places. This was the first dress I tried on at the second place. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was The One. You will too. :) As for the price being too high - they ask you what your target price range is right off. The ones I went to didn't really even let you try on dresses that were out of your range, so you wouldn't put it on, fall in love with it, and then get all depressed when you couldn't have it. Hopefully, they'll do the same down there and only bring dresses out in your range. :)

When you do find IT, I want pictures!! :)

catlover4ever
10-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Jamie, I love your dress, you look so beautiful in it. Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Miss Meow
10-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Wow, you look like a princess! It's a beautiful dress and suits you so well :)

Cataholic
10-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! One of the paralegals at work is organizing her wedding!!! It is sooo fun to look at dresses! You look so lovely in yours. Congrats!

anna_66
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
You look beautiful in that dress, it definately suits you:)
Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures!!

neko1
10-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Beautiful dress!! The wedding will be here before you know it!!

I can't believe 3 months have gone by since my wedding!! Where does the time go?

CamCamPup33
10-08-2003, 07:26 PM
OMG!! how *gorgeous* you and the dress! You look so great! I love the dress and the tiara! I love how in the back its longer!! i want that too along with the tiara!! Anna its amazing how many things there is on ebay to get.. lol i never thought there would be anything for weddings! they even have dog toys there!

You look great! I love the dress!! :D

Congrats-- im a little late i think.. lol

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Thank you, everybody. :) If it's possible, you've all made me even more excited than I already was!!!

pitc9
10-09-2003, 08:54 AM
You look wonderful!!
My 2nd wedding ann is Oct 13th.
So I went through wedding plans not too long ago also!!!

I wish you well!!!!!!

CamCamPup33
10-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
You look wonderful!!

I wish you well!!!!!!

Thats my mom and dad's anniversary.. i think.. lol Friday the 13th they had it on.. :eek: :D

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
You look wonderful!!

I wish you well!!!!!! Thank you! October is an absolutely beautiful time of year to get married! I was seriously considering planning an October wedding, but 1) I couldn't wait that long; and 2) my grandmother was a June bride and since she's gone and won't be there, I thought maybe "borrowing" her wedding month would make it seem a little more like she was. :) I'm also planning on carrying a bouquet with lilacs and lilies of the valley (her favorite flowers) and those bloom in Spring, not Fall... I think it's a good thing we went with June though as one of our friends is getting married 9/25/04 and another is getting married in October - would've been way too crazy! :)

lovemyshiba
10-09-2003, 10:03 AM
All this wedding talk--I can't believe it's been a year for me too!!!

My cousin is getting married this Saturday, and I have butterflies already for her--I'm excited!!!!!

Anyway, here is one of the sites I ordered from:
http://www.princessbridetiaras.com/

They were very helpful, and I liked their products.

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 10:11 AM
OMG, THANK YOU for the link!! They have so many and they're NICE looking!! (Some of these tiara websites I've come across have had the cheapest looking things...) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

ramanth
10-09-2003, 10:14 AM
You look gorgeous! (I'm green with envy. :D)

I too love the veil under the hair. :)
CONGRATS!

Sudilar
10-09-2003, 10:25 AM
What a beautiful bride you will be!! Thanks for sharing!

10-09-2003, 10:35 AM
What a GORGEOUS and FABULOUS dress you have chosen!! You will be such a beautiful bride! Thanks for posting the pics, as looking at wedding dresses is a favorite "hobby" of me ;)

I cannot wait for the "real" pics!

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by lut
I cannot wait for the "real" pics! You and me both!! :D :D