PDA

View Full Version : spaying problems...

01-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Well, I got my dog Daisy spayed in nov. Her wound was fine and cleared up. But, there is a hole forming and blood/puss is oozing out. I took her to the vet today. He said maybe she did something to her stiches when she was healing. :( The only thing they can do now is put a painful staple! :( :( :(
Poor baby, she is in pain, and I just cry when I see her in pain!

Logan
01-12-2002, 08:03 PM
Bless her heart. I just know she will be ok...I am so happy that you saw the problem and took her in. Sometimes these puppies just can't leave their incisions alone. Did they tell you to put an e-collar on her? I hope the staple does the trick and she will be better soon.

Good luck, and let us know how she does.

Logan

jackiesdaisy1935
01-12-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm really glad that you took her in, and I agree with Logan, why don't you ask your Vet for an e-collar so that she can't reach her staple.
We had a rottweiler who had problems when she got spayed and was oozing white pus and I took very warm wet cloths with epsum salts on it and put them on her wounds. But before you do anything like that please check with your Vet. Good Luck and hugs from
Miss Daisy, Perry and their MoM

TheAntiPam
01-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Keep watch for fever, as that is a sign things aren't going well. But, I can tell you from experience that having a "wound" from surgery like this takes a long time to heal, but it DOES heal! It might be a few weeks, but don't despair!

During surgery, when everything is germ-free, the stitches keep out the infection. But after being out in the world, if the wound opens up, they have to be very careful not to trap infection inside by closing the wound up again. She will have a scar, most likely - but she will heal. Keep giving her good food and lots of love. And be patient through this scary time.

Best wishes from someone who has been through this!

KYS
01-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Poor Daisy,
For her to have to suffer so.
I am glad you took her to the vet
right away before it got worse.
Good thoughts that her infection
clears up asap!

C.C.'s Mom
01-14-2002, 04:43 AM
I'm so sorry that your dog has spaying problems too. So has mine and it's terrible seeing your dog suffer.
I got my dog back from the vet with a collar and I haven't taken it off. It's of course not too comfortable for the dog (and Cookie knocks over anything on her way to her basket or when she goes for water), but it's so much better for the wound.
Hope things are better with your dog now. Give her lots of love and cuddles, it's what cures the best.

PJ's Mom
01-14-2002, 06:37 AM
Poor Daisy. :(

When Bailey got spayed, the same thing happened to her, only the doctor found that her body was rejecting the internal stiches that are used after the operation. After a couple of shots and some ointment, she was good as new.

I hope your baby gets well soon. :)