PDA

View Full Version : Baby Kittens...

PetLuvr4Ever
10-07-2003, 10:36 PM
My cat Kc is going to have kittens within the next 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I had. We haven't had a cat that's given birth since we had our cat Patches and that was quite a while ago. Well, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to tell when she is about to go into labor. What are some signs that she's getting close to having her kittens? She's really fat right now and her teets are even getting bigger. Also, When she's giving birth, should I assit her or just let her do it by herself and just check in on her to make sure she's doing ok? Her giving birth is the only thing I really had questions about. After we get past that point, we know how to take care of the baby kitties. Thanks for any help. Once she has her kittens I'll post some pictures of them. :)

PayItForward
10-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Sigh :(

I hope you will get your cat spayed, as soon as these kittens have been weaned.

Originally posted by PetLuvr4Ever
Primabella: We don't breed bulldogs for a living. We've just had a few litters from Rocky & Chloe. This is Chloe's last litter though because she's going to be too old to breed. Plus, we don't want to wear her out or anythig. :)
Do you have any of your pets altered ?

There are many healthy advantages to having your pets young/old male/female dogs/cats altered.

Please try to prevent your pets from bring more animals into this world when so many are PTS daily.

I know you will find good homes for the 'soon to be born' kits but for every home one of your kittens finds....could have prevent a shelter kitten from getting a home.

I'm sure someone of PT will repost the excellent link on cheap/free spay clinics in your area.

Fox-Gal
10-08-2003, 03:50 PM
You'll know.....she act just like any other female. You'll see her trying to find a area to give birth....most likely a dark spot.

When she gets close to time to deliver, she will start her labor breathing like any other woman would. Just let her do her thing.

Most cats like to be left alone but keep a check on her. In most cases everything will go with out a problem. I have had to cut the cord before and clean the sack off a first kittens and once I had to help start the kitten breathing. But that was on a very young cat who I guess just didn't know what to do yet.

And don't worry if it takes awhile after a kitten in born before another one to come, sometimes it can be hours in between kittens. Other times one right after another.

About 6 weeks after the kittens are born.....make a vet app. Get her fixed. Don't wait to long she will go into heat again SOON and you could end up with more babies.:eek:

Good luck.