PDA

View Full Version : So Sad

BPlovebug
08-24-2001, 09:20 AM
My dog Bijou just recently got nedard and for his surgery he couldn't eat anything for a day and a half before his surgery and after his surgery he couldn't eat for another day and he was sooooooo hungry and couldn't do anything you could here is tummy rumble and he would sleep in myarms and moan!!! :( :( Today when he could finnaly eat he barely ate anything and he is still not doing anything he thinks he is being bad and shouldn't eat!!!!! The only time e eats is when Imyself give him something!!! I hope he learns to eat on his own without me giving him something because my parents tell me not to feed him that he needs to learn to eat by him self is this strange??????? HELP!!! :( :eek:

carrie
08-24-2001, 09:40 AM
It is not a good idea to "baby" him as he will think that he is worse off than he is. If you are cheerful and encouraging he will think that everything is fine and is likely to recover a lot quicker.

Stenograsaurus
08-24-2001, 01:47 PM
What your dog is doing is normal after surgery. My dog was the same way. They are feeling a little sick yet from the anesthesia. Give him time and he'll eat on his own again. Usually they come back to eating within a day or two.