PDA

View Full Version : IMOM - and Grasshopper's Tail

kohala
10-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Has anyone put this up for everyone's info before? I just found out about them today and told them I'd put them up here. This is an animal advocacy organization definitely worthy of contributions.http://www.imom.org/
I found out about them as I have been going nuts trying to find a vet that would take payments so I can get Grasshopper's tail removed. The local humane society referred me to them, and as soon as I get through her dilemna, I plan on donating what I can when I can.
Thought you'd find it interesting. Animal people are the best!!!!

Logan
10-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Kohala, I am familiar with that organization and have donated in the past. In fact, this morning, I read a story written by one of my Golden Retriever friends, on the Golden Retriever Community about how IMOM helped when her dog had to undergo testing for heart problems at a very young age. It is nice to know that people can get help when they need it, but without donations, IMOM can't exist.

Logan

kohala
10-08-2003, 08:16 AM
I may have to apply for their help with Grasshopper's tail, as the cyst has gotten so big it's starting to bleed. I'm checking with various local vets for one that might take payments first.
Thank you for your response as I wanted some feedback about them from the people I "know". I am definitely going to send donations to this wonderful organization. What a great way to set up a "pool" of funds for the sick animals that need "medicare".
I was thinking of how many of our pets on these pages that have needed care, but lack of funds has prevented it.
And I was thinking of how many of us are in a position, like you did, to send a few dollars to keep them going. It's sad that even when you can afford to pay for vet care over time, sometimes the cost is so much you can't pay it all up front.
I had called a local society similar to this one, and heard the sad message that they had shut down due to lack of funds. How sad that in a community with the amount of personal wealth San Diego has, an org like that couldn't keep afloat.
But then, where was I?
:o