PDA

View Full Version : Memorial markers for pets

Smilla
10-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

I'm saddened to report that my parents' dog Sugar (in the icon for my profile) died recently of liver cancer. She was almost 13.

I wanted to find a nice memorial stone for her, but so many I found were too gaudy or expensive. However, I came upon this woman's site and ended up buying from her. She does LOVELY work and my parents were so pleased with the stone.

http://www.lastingspecialties.com/petmarkers.html

I got Sugar's stone in the "old world gray" color. It isn't purple as it appears in the picture. Check out her web portfolio for examples.

Anyway, sorry for the grim topic, but I did want to let you know about her work if you ever want to get something like this.

stacwase
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Those are really nice. Where are your parents burying Sugar?

The town I live in actually has a pet casket company. I'd never heard of that before.

When any of our animals pass on, I don't want to bury them in our yard because we might not have our house forever. I want to find a nice little cemetery where their headstones won't be disturbed. The ones you linked to are perfect.

Of course all our animals will be with us for many more years!

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Looking at pet markers makes me cry even though Sam is only 1... The last year has gone so quickly and I'm so afraid that the rest of her life will speed by and before I know it, my Samantha will only be a memory. :( http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/239.gif

ramanth
10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Sorry for your loss. :(

The markers are very nice though. Thank you for sharing the link.

Smilla
10-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi stacwase,

My parents buried Sugar on their property. They're assuming this is their "forever home"; however, they thought the same of their last home, and unfortunately had to leave a buried pet behind (I posted about it when it happened; I was quite sad, but received words of comfort from Pettalkers). Still, I suppose it's better than living in a neighborhood or apartment where one doesn't have that option--we have lived in those kinds of places before, and had to leave our pets' bodies with the vets. The only comfort (and a small one) was that their bodies were no longer "them".

One vet gave us a small cardboard casket for our dog Rusti. We wish my parents had gotten one for Sugar but the vet didn't have them. My parents ended up burying her in a box from Red Envelope, which sounds a little ridiculous, but she was wrapped in her favorite blanket which made me happier.

S

slick
10-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Smilla: I've very sorry for your loss. Do you have a picture of Sugar you can share?? Or is it in another thread??

Cheshirekatt
10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
I also like www.rock-itcreations.com

They did three beautiful rocks for me. :)

Smilla
10-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words, slick. I don't have any digital pictures of Sugar, unfortunately, except for the tiny one that I use as my icon. I should scan some or have my parents email me some. She was a very cute Yorkie and, since she was a "country dog", always had a puppy cut. She was a little aloof but that was one of the things I liked most about her--she was her "own dog". She also suffered a snake bite once but pulled through bravely. She wasn't a typical Yorkie!

Smilla
10-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Those are really nice, Cheshirecat--similar to what I'd had in mind when I started looking. Elegant and simple!

dukedogsmom
10-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear about Sugar. That's a long time for a dog to live but I know it's never long enough.