PDA

View Full Version : Count Down....9 more to go!

RobiLee
10-07-2003, 04:43 AM
Hi All

Yesterday I finished up radiation treatment #19. I now have 9 more to go. Woo Hoo....I am finally in single digits and counting down! I'm off to work and then to my treatment.

Have a great day all.....Robin :)

mugsy
10-07-2003, 06:29 AM
WooHoo!!! Good job. You're on the downside now! If you're feeling up to it on the 19th,why don't you join us in Findlay again? I know that those treatments take a lot out of you. We have a woman at work that has one more chemo treatment and then on to radiation and she is still coming to work. What a trooper.

Congrats....let us know when you are done!

anna_66
10-07-2003, 08:35 AM
I bet you couldn't be happier (well....unless you had no more to go:p )!
Hope YOU have a good day with no after effects:)

Logan
10-07-2003, 10:24 AM
:D :D :D More than halfway there!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

HoRsELUvR
10-07-2003, 05:07 PM
only 9 more!:D thats great that ur almost through.it really doesnt sound like much fun to go through that.

dukedogsmom
10-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm sure you'll be glad when they are all just a distant memory. I can't imagine having to go through what you're going through. You seem to be handling it really well. Keep up the good work!

moosmom
10-07-2003, 07:26 PM
WAY TO GO ROBIN!!! I'll be counting them down with you. Hope you're feeling okay. Hope you're feeling up to the 19th. I'm hoping to make it there, if I don't have to work that day.

slick
10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
I've been wanting to post all day but could not find the words. I believe that we all learn from each other and your story is so inspiring and I swear that the next time I worry about what to wear to work, I'll think of you.

In my line of work I do, from time to time, encouter out-of-town cancer patients that have come to town for treatment and in speaking to them I'm always amazed at their courage, strength and humour!! Your attitude is so uplifting to me and I'm so thankful you've chosen to share your struggle with us. There has been lots of cancer in my family but today there's ONLY reason for hope with the advanced treatments that are being developed. My cousin is going through a second bout of chemo for lung cancer caused by 2nd hand smoke. Her last scan revealed a spot on her brain and we are all hoping that this round will do the trick.

Congratulations on hitting the single-digits! I know that you probably have access to information from the ACS but if there's anything else I can do, please PM me and I'll do my best.

Karen
10-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Yay! Single digits! Give Katie a hug for me, and she'll give you kisses in return, congratulatory ones, of course. And, while she is being hugged, it's harder for her to get into trouble! ;)

rg_girlca
10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Robin, your post exudes such happiness in it. Keep up the good spirit.
Praying that all goes well in the next 9 treatments.

RobiLee
10-08-2003, 08:31 AM
#8...Woo Hoo.....we are moving right on down the line! I'm hopping in the shower and heading off for treatment. Thanks for helping me count down. Love you people!!

Karen, you are right about the hugs and I always get kisses in return. Giving her lots of hugs do help to keep her out of trouble...lol...at 6 months Katie is a bundle of energy and into everything. The little Beast!! Well, not so little....lol. I wouldn't have it any other way though!

Have a great day all...Robin :)

gini
10-08-2003, 08:46 AM
Robin, bless your heart. You are an inspiration for the rest of us.

We will joyfully count down with you.

RobiLee
10-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Just finished up #7. Only 6 more to go!

*Sigh* Today is a bad day again. Extremely tired and having lots of... hmmm...bathroom problems. Can't wait for this to be over so that my body can fully heal. I'm off for my nap now.

Have a good day all.......Robin

Samantha Puppy
10-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Feel better soon... :)

micki76
10-09-2003, 12:09 PM
I know the bad days just suck, but remember that it’ll be over soon! You can do it! Just 6 more!!!!!! :D

Get some rest and kiss on Katie! :D :D :D I know throughout my cancer ordeal Chester was my lifeline, my crying buddy and my comedian. :D

Hang in there!

Logan
10-09-2003, 12:37 PM
You're getting there, Robin, slowly, but surely. And your Katie is going to need you, so be strong, and know that your fan club is out here cheering you on!!!! :)

Logan

slick
10-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Have a peaceful sleep Robin. You need all the strength you can to get through this. We are here for you anytime you need to talk.

lovemyshiba
10-09-2003, 12:50 PM
We're all here for you Robin!! 9 more... and counting!!
Be sure to let us know when it's over--we can have a world wide celebration for you!!!!!!
Stay strong, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

pitc9
10-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Almost done!!!!!!!!

Hang in there!

RobiLee
10-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Today is #6....5 more to go!!!!

moosmom
10-10-2003, 10:31 PM
WooHoo Robilee!! You're doing great! Hope everything is well and you're getting lots of rest.

RobiLee
10-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks, Donna. I did nothing but rest yesterday and just layed around with Katie, making sure she didn't pop her zipper again..lol. She was spayed on Thursday and didn't come home til yesterday. I wanted to make sure I rested yesterday so I could get my weekend off to a great start and so far this morning I am feeling pretty good. YAY! Thinking about getting together with my folks and going down to this little amish place today. They are having customer appreciation day today and they have a barbecue thing going on and they usually give out a bag of free goodies. Love those free goodies...lol. They have furniture, crafts and a great bakery (Yum, Yum). I hope I get to see ya next weekend, Donna. Looking forward to it.

Well everyone have a great weekend. I know I will. No Radiation Treatments! Yes! Love the weekends!

Robin:)