PDA

View Full Version : greenies...

TollSettFK
08-21-2001, 02:18 PM
I just got my puppy an edible bone called a greenie. He really likes it, and he chews it a lot.Ya know how most edible bones get eatin up in like, fifteen minutes- 24 hours? He has had this five days, and it's still going strong. The breeder recomended these.They are 100 percent natruel, cleans ther teath wonderfully, is healthy for thier gums, and is just an allaround GREAT edible chew toy. I highly recoment them. And, by the way ,they are really green...forest green,actully. Way to go, Greenies!

Daisy's Mom
08-21-2001, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check them out.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-21-2001, 06:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, isn't this product reputed to be dangerous? Maybe I'm not thinking of the right product, but I swear it was Greenies that were thought to be behind the deaths of a few dogs?????? Has anyone else heard of this?
I do know that Greenies have made my parent's cocker REALLY sick for a while. He vomited up green stuff for several days, and couldn't eat or drink anything.
Not trying to steal your Toller puppy's fun, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had heard of problems related to Greenies?

Cinder & Smoke
08-22-2001, 10:58 AM
Here's a link to the "Greenies" web site:
http://www.kissablepets.com/html/

Of course it doesn't say anything bad about them ;). An internet search of "Greenies" did not produce any negative articles. From reading the ingredients section of the site, I note that they have a High Protien content that could be bad for some dogs with certain health problems.

Might be a good idea to print some of the details from the web site and show that to your Vet before purchasing the product.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Cinder & Smoke ]

Rottie
08-22-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 3-greys-and-a-mutt:
<STRONG>If I'm not mistaken, isn't this product reputed to be dangerous? Maybe I'm not thinking of the right product, but I swear it was Greenies that were thought to be behind the deaths of a few dogs?????? Has anyone else heard of this?
I do know that Greenies have made my parent's cocker REALLY sick for a while. He vomited up green stuff for several days, and couldn't eat or drink anything.
Not trying to steal your Toller puppy's fun, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had heard of problems related to Greenies?</STRONG>

Yeah, I remember reading something about this. I think parts of it can get stuck in the esophogus (sp?) and they stick there like glue or something like that. :confused: