PDA

View Full Version : Do you answer ALL your private messages?

jenluckenbach
10-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Do you tend to answer ALL your mail, or only ones from people you consider close friends?

Dogz
10-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I try to answer most of it, but I do not answer every single one, if I foget.:o

slick
10-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I answer them all, except for 1 or 2 that don't need a reply.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
I try to answer all of them, for those that need an answer. But for those that don't...I just leave them. :o

bluekat
10-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Yes, I do answer all of them. Well, I think about 2 in my mailbox right now are unanswered because they don't really need an answer. But I do try to answer most of them, I love getting messages:p

Cincy'sMom
10-06-2003, 04:35 PM
I try to answer most. Sometimes I read them and don't have time to write out the full response I would like and then forget, but I never intentionally ignore someone.

puppygrrl4eva7
10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
I voted for No, because I answer most of mine, but if you think about it, if you really answered all of ypur PM's they'd just keep going on and on forever:p

sweet_stormy
10-06-2003, 04:48 PM
if i got PMs from someone i would respond b/c thats what you should do if someone took the time to send u a PM. I voted for YES! if you guys wanted to know.

carole
10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Yes of course, I think I have answered everyone of them, not that I get that many.

Uabassoon
10-06-2003, 05:16 PM
I try to answer them, but somtimes I just forget, or sometimes I respond weeks later. But that's just the way I am, my mom has to send me about 5 emails complaning that I never write her back before I actually do write her back!

Miss Meow
10-06-2003, 05:42 PM
I hope so, as I don't get that many! ;)

binka_nugget
10-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes.

wolfsoul
10-06-2003, 06:25 PM
I make it a habit to answer all of my PMs. If I forget, then I feel really bad. I hate hate hate it when I PM someone a question or give them a compliment and they don't PM me back. It tells me alot when they don't care to give a "thank you" for a nice compliment. However, if I see a PM that doesn't need to be answered, like the end of a conversation, then there's no need to answer it and the same thing for people I PM. That doesn't bother me at all. :)

neko1
10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I never get any **boo hoo :( **, but the once in a blue moon ones I do respond to.

KYS
10-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Yes, of course, If I know I have them.
(unless they do not require a response.) :)

Blustang24
10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I answer to all of them as soon as I get them! :)

popcornbird
10-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by puppygrrl4eva7
I voted for No, because I answer most of mine, but if you think about it, if you really answered all of ypur PM's they'd just keep going on and on forever:p

That's why when Cataholic and I PM each other, it seems to go on.......and on...........and on...............until one of us goes to bed. :o LOL I love getting PM's though and try to answer everyone, unless they don't need an answer, OR if I get waaaaaaaay to many in a day *happens sometimes* that I accidently miss some. :o

I try to respond to every PM and expect others to do the same when I PM them. Almost everyone responds to my PM's, but when certain people never respond to any PM's I send them, it makes me not want to PM them again. :mad::rolleyes: Thankfully, almost everyone does though! Its just an occasional few. :p

Felicia's Mom
10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
I answer the few I get, if they need answering.

gini
10-06-2003, 09:36 PM
I feel as though if someone has bothered to send me a private message - that is just like getting a nice note in the snail mail.
The polite thing to do is respond. It sure is easier to reply to a private message, or send an email than snail mail.

Besides, private messages are fun.......a way to get to know people a bit better than just through our posts.

Sometimes, I can't respond immediately, but if that is the case, I usually let them know I will reply later when I have more time.

babolaypo65
10-06-2003, 09:40 PM
99% of the time, yes. Actually only once I didn't. A new, obviously young poster IMd me before posting any messages. Asked me to be her friend. I was going into a meeting... had thought to respond and suggest posting to the group, that it was a good way to meet people.... then I plumb forgot (is it plumb as in the level, or plum as in the fruit??)....
anyway, thats the only time i didnt. I didn't notice it again for weeks....by then it seemed.... I dunno.

wolf_Q
10-06-2003, 11:29 PM
I try to....sometimes it may take me a few days..or weeks...:o It's not a matter of not liking a person though, it's a matter of my forgetful/procrastination disease.

anna_66
10-07-2003, 08:43 AM
I can't imagne not answering, that is of course unless it doesn't need a reply.

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I try to....sometimes it may take me a few days..or weeks...:o It's not a matter of not liking a person though, it's a matter of my forgetful/procrastination disease. Ditto.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
it's a matter of my forgetful/procrastination disease.

AHHH, a fellow sufferer. Seems like my personal motto should be "Do not put off 'till tomorrow what you can put off 'till next week"

I do answer all my PM's (unless they are the "end" of a discussion and don't need answered).

Edwina's Secretary
10-07-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes, I answer my pms. All of them. And I've never had an unpleasant personal message.

I feel it is an honor when someone takes the time to cyber-speak to me!

Logan
10-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I voted yes too. I don't get very many, but occasionally get into some pretty good discussions with folks over the PM. I love that feature! :)

Randi
10-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I answer my PM's too, but not always immediately if I'm busy with other things. :)

slleipnir
10-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Catnip doesn't. Shes evil, no one listen to her!!! lol ;)

I will answer all my PM's..unless its a reply back that doesn't require another responce...like someone returning a PM saying 'lol' hm

primabella
10-07-2003, 02:22 PM
I think I answer them all unless they don't really need an answer. I love getting PM's but I sometimes tend to worry if they will be nasty or nice. ;)

If I haven't written back, I'm sorry! :o lol I believe I carry the same procrastination disease as Amy. :p

carole
10-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Cataholic, I am sure Zippy did not mean to insult you, she is going through a lot just now, her emotions will be running high, so she may have been a tad sensitive to the remarks you made, and mistakenly thought they were directed at her.

Cinder & Smoke
10-07-2003, 02:26 PM
*edited*

Zippy got some PM's regarding the loss of her College Room-mate :( -
and just wasn't ready to reply to them...

/s/ Phred

========================================

I guess that's all that needs to be said
by/from me...

And I'll finish up with ~

{{{HUGGS}}} to Zipp!

gini
10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Johanna, I agree with Carole. Zippy already had a lot on her plate before she lost her two dear long-time friends.

I think right now I would forgive her just about anything. And knowing Zip, it is not her way to insult you. We need to extend a bit of tenderness for now.

I know you like a good "challenge":D :D - but this might not be the one you are after.

And no offense intended............

carole
10-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Cataholic, try not to take it too much to heart, and if you feel you need a break from PT, just make sure it is only a short one ok, as I for one will miss your contribution.

We all have had our feelings hurt sometime for sure on PT, unfortunately mis-understandings happen because we cannot see each other face to face, the down side of internet communication.

We are all human after all.

Zippy-kat, just needs lots of love and hugs from us all right now, and I know you are a very caring individual, so all will be well.

Cataholic
10-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I have deleted my earlier posts, and privately apologized to Zippy for so misunderstanding her post. I have explained to Zippy how thougtless it was of me to be so disparaging to her at this time. I hope she forgives me. :( :o

Logan
10-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Tonya, my thought would be that anyone who sent you a private note of sympathy would not expect a response from you at all. People just care and they want to let you know that they are thinking of you.

I'm one of them, one who is so saddened by the sorrow that has struck you and your family in recent days. :(

gini
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I have deleted my earlier posts, and privately apologized to Zippy for so misunderstanding her post. I have explained to Zippy how thougtless it was of me to be so disparaging to her at this time. I hope she forgives me. :( :o

I swear, this is why I just love this place. We have had some real pains on this board.........but then there are those who just make it a very human and special place - for our pets and for each other!!

and yes, Johanna, this ONE is directed at you!:D

Cataholic
10-07-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't know what to say other than I am sorry about the horrible things that have happened in your life, Zippy, and that I helped contribute by being nasty towards you.

:(

Cinder & Smoke
10-07-2003, 03:19 PM
:)

Seemz like tyme fur a *BIG* *HUGE* *GROUP*
{{{HUGGIE}}} !! :D

;)

Cataholic
10-07-2003, 03:24 PM
OOOOWWWWWW better make it for AFTER Zippy's term paper is due!!! Don't want her to miss out on it!

Cataholic
10-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Catnip doesn't. Shes evil, no one listen to her!!! lol ;)

That is because, as I keep telling you, I am NOT interested in sponsoring some Canadian refugee named Schleppy!!!!!!! Now, get over it!!!!:D

carole
10-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Great to see everyone coming together, and that everything has been smoothed out.

YOU ARE ALL THE BEST.:)

slleipnir
10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
That is because, as I keep telling you, I am NOT interested in sponsoring some Canadian refugee named Schleppy!!!!!!! Now, get over it!!!!:D

Aww, thought I'd try anyway :( I'll just go now, back to my home..in my cardboard box flap (Yes, I can't even afford an entire box..) While it rains and I become horribly, horrible cold and wet. All thanks to a certian 'nip who can chip in a few bucks for a good cause..Its ok, try not to feel bad about it, k? I'll forgive you after I've died from pneumonia and am stalking you in spirt..

CamCamPup33
10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
That's why when Cataholic and I PM each other, it seems to go on.......and on...........and on...............until one of us goes to bed. :o LOL I love getting PM's though and try to answer everyone, unless they don't need an answer, OR if I get waaaaaaaay to many in a day *happens sometimes* that I accidently miss some. :o

I try to respond to every PM and expect others to do the same when I PM them. Almost everyone responds to my PM's, but when certain people never respond to any PM's I send them, it makes me not want to PM them again. :mad::rolleyes: Thankfully, almost everyone does though! Its just an occasional few. :p

uh oh.. --off to see if i replied to your pm from before--

:D :p :p :p

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2003, 05:59 PM
*ahem*

PCB, you never replied from my PM before about the you know what...;):p

popcornbird
10-07-2003, 09:05 PM

LOL! Catapault, I think you're one of the best PT'ers in replying to PM's *at least mine*! :p That's why you're one of my best buddies here! :D

GRL, you know I always reply to your PM's. :p That was just.........one.......*cough cough*..................Because you kept asking for *you know what*. :o

Hehehe

Camcam, you DIDN'T respond to my last PM...............but I didn't mean you. One miss, or two misses are ok.......but everytime I PM someone, even a nice PM, and fail to get a reply is discouraging, and although almost everyone responds with lovely PM's, there are just a few who don't, and that makes me sad, especially when I'm trying to be nice to them. Oh well. :confused:

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2003, 10:03 PM
*gasp*

*I* kept bugging? What about you? :p I shall never trust you fully again...;)

Nomilynn
10-07-2003, 10:09 PM
I didn't vote on this because none of the answers apply to me. No, I don't answer them all, but it's not because I feel like "why should I have to". Sometimes PM's don't warrant a reply (ie go look at this, come talk to me online tonight, end of a conversation), and, for example, when Bassett was sick, I didn't have the energy to always reply to every message. If I couldn't, I would try to post something on the threads about her that applied to anyone who had sent something to me.

popcornbird
10-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
*gasp*

*I* kept bugging? What about you? :p I shall never trust you fully again...;)

NO! You didn't keep *bugging* me. I never said that! :p I just replied to the same thing sooooooooo many times and thought you would get mad with the same answer..........so.......I skipped the reply. :o :p

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
NO! You didn't keep *bugging* me. I never said that! :p I just replied to the same thing sooooooooo many times and thought you would get mad with the same answer..........so.......I skipped the reply. :o :p

LOL, I know I'm just kidding. ;) But...I'm *still* waiting............:p

Kfamr
10-07-2003, 10:17 PM
I'm the same as Amy.

I mean to reply to everyone, and sometimes I do it months afterwards.

I don't really care if someone responds to mine, unless I ask them something really serious.

I have to go repond to one right now, though :)

popcornbird
10-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
LOL, I know I'm just kidding. ;) But...I'm *still* waiting............:p

And I'm *still* thinking! :p :o

Cataholic
10-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I have to go repond to one right now, though :)

OBVIOUSLY NOT MINE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHlolololol, lmao,lmao, HAHAHAHAHAH....:D

popcornbird
10-08-2003, 01:13 PM
OBVIOUSLY NOT MINE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHlolololol, lmao,lmao, HAHAHAHAHAH....:D

LOL LOL LOL HAHAHAHAHA :D:p

I ditto that. Obviously not mine either! :p

Kfamr
10-08-2003, 01:38 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Obviously.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG HAHAHAHAA HAHAYAHAHAHAHAHAAAHALMAOMLMAOMLMAOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheshirekatt
10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't get very many, but I do try to reply to them all.

I believe I forgot to reply to Captain recently! :o

slleipnir
10-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Obviously.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG HAHAHAHAA HAHAYAHAHAHAHAHAAAHALMAOMLMAOMLMAOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lmao "rolleyes" silly kay, tricks are for kids (just so you know, i couldn't do ':P' or rollyeyes because there is appearintly to many smilies already..)

Kfamr
10-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
lmao "rolleyes" silly kay, tricks are for kids (just so you know, i couldn't do ':P' or rollyeyes because there is appearintly to many smilies already..)

SR are for everyone!:D

slleipnir
10-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Where the heck did SR come from? Ookk.. -see magical SR appear before her-

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Yes, I send replys to all of them.

kohala
10-08-2003, 11:54 PM
I don't get a high volume, but they always show up in my email inbox as an alert (great feature) so I check 'em out and send off an answer. I like them!
Gonna have more time for P/C/DOTD in another month when all the fiscal year end work is done. 2 months - 7/24 - or that's what it felt like. Ugh.

K9karen
10-08-2003, 11:58 PM
I figure if someone took the time to send me a PM, it's the very least I can do and reply. All my PM's have been very comforting, sweet, funny and terribly wonderful!