PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet??

Christiansmommy
10-06-2003, 02:35 PM
I HAVE!! I love getting it started early...so i can get it done sooner. It also helps to buy a few things each month before Christmas, so you arent spending a ton of money in one month alone. My husband's birthday is in December too...so i have to buy extra for him. Anyway, i love shopping, and it is much more stress free, if you start early, and if you get it done sooner, you can enjoy the holiday without the stress, of how much you still need to buy...

Anyone else start yet? Or am I the only nut? :)

Robyn

slick
10-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I attend ceramic classes during the year and I make several things for gifts. As well, I take holidays in October and November and get my gifts all bought, wrapped and sent by end of November.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
You started already?! :eek:
Hehe. My mom usually starts it 2 weeks before Christmas. :rolleyes: I start it, the first week of December. :)

Samantha Puppy
10-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Ugh. I don't even want to think about it... This is going to be a crappy Christmas. :( I don't have much money because of the wedding at all.

Maresche
10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Yep, I've started and I'm about 1/3 of the way done with ideas for just about everyone else. I hate crowds and the only way for me to really avoid them is to do the shopping early or online.

Logan
10-06-2003, 03:10 PM
I have purchased one gift. :o And it is for my mom, the easiest one to shop for! I could buy gifts for her every day as she is easy to please and has the same interests as me! I buy her things that I know I would enjoy myself!!!!! :)

Robyn, I wish I were more like you. As many as I have to buy for, I should start earlier!!!! :)

Logan

lovemyshiba
10-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Does thinking about it count??;)

My brother and sister can be difficult to buy for, so I am already trying to think of what I can get them, and I have a gift for my parents in mind as well.

bluekat
10-06-2003, 04:45 PM
No, haven't started yet. I LOVE Christmas shopping though:D That's because I love Christmas, everything's so beautiful and everyone's happy. (But I have a feeling that this Christmas will be worst than the last:()
Still, I can't wait until Christmas. I think I'm going to start shopping in December, or if I find good gifts now. If I start now with the shopping, I'm just going to keep on thinking about Christmas every single day until it gets here:p

carole
10-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Nope not this year, sometimes I buy things during the year, if it is on sale and put it away, but so far nothing.

I find it difficult to buy for some members of the family because I have a limited budget, and they seem to have everything they could wish for already, and this year it will be a lean xmas I think, we have had so many extra expenses.

My family's birthdays start in October, Novemeber and we have three in December, so its a rather expensive time for us.

To be honest, I feel somewhat depressed each xmas, and that is not how it should be, so much pressure financially burdened on us.

Right now I just don't care about xmas, sorry folks, just the way I feel.

dukedogsmom
10-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I have! Got my mom all taken care of. And my brother and sister in law in Maryland(made them a knittied/crocheted blanketl. Just learning to knit so did that on the inside and crocehted the edges. I like starting early because I can spend more on everyone than if having to do it all at once.

Cheshirekatt
10-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Yep, and I'm almost done!

:D

Miss Meow
10-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I've thought about Christmas cards, and how to wriggle out of hosting Christmas lunch this year (I just don't have enough dining chairs, what a shame! ;)) but nothing else as yet. :)

captain
10-06-2003, 06:50 PM
I have bought "some" presents ............ and thought about the rest. :D

Cheshirekatt - you make me sick :p !!!!!

neko1
10-06-2003, 06:50 PM
All my friends are done, now to the hard part, the husband and the family....

Corinna
10-06-2003, 07:22 PM
All done just have to knit 4 sweaters for teddy bears. It helped that I got 40% off every thing at work this year due to the fires.

binka_nugget
10-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Well, I don't know if this counts...I've already bought some early presents for the pups... (and gave it to them) LOL. I start buying the dog presents WAYYYY before christmas. As for human presents, I tend to do it anytime I have money available lol (not often).

Kfamr
10-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Everyday is Christmas for Simba and Nala. :o

As for shopping, ehhh.... I don't have any money. :p

tomkatzid
10-07-2003, 02:31 AM
I haven't started. The only gifts will be for the dogs. And the cards for the Pet Talker exchange!!!!!!! Nothing more this year. Tom and I buy what we need when we need it, so nothing more here. The girls always want new toys. :D

10-07-2003, 05:52 AM
I haven't started yet, it is so far away yet...!
BUT, I designed my Christmas cards with my cats already....:eek: :rolleyes: ; does that make me a nut too ;) :)

sasvermont
10-07-2003, 06:14 AM
I usually buy my cards at the end of the previous year. I sometimes buy little gifts at that time too. I start looking for new purchases just about now and get some ideas. I don't have a huge list so I can wrap up the purchases fairly quickly. I try to buy Vermont made products, locally, so that it keeps small merchants in business in our town and county. Tradition!

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays as much as I do. I try to keep it natural, non-commerical and low keyed. I sometimes fail at this, but I really try to keep it from breaking the bank and becoming commercialized.

;)

anna_66
10-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Only for the dogs:o

I have in mind what I'm getting most people...but that's about as far as I've went.