PDA

View Full Version : TOO MANY RESCUES! Rats, and degus..........it's never ending. :(

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Well a few days ago I took in a pair of rescued degus, in very poor condition. They are extremely greasy, thin and were being fed rat and hamster food, totally unexceptable! :mad:

The good news is that I already have a prospective adopter! :D They are very skittish but I think after some good nutritous food, being taken off cedar and socialized they will come around. The person is coming over today to look at them.

I also took in some more rescued rats, a litter of babies and their mother. They are being quarantined for the moment so hopefully they will check out healthy. :) I am going ot upload some pics, so enjoy looking at them. They are just darling!

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Here you can see how skinny the one degu is. Sorry about my camera string. :o It's hard to not get it in the pics....

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Here is the mom to the babies, cute! :D

wolfsoul
10-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Omg, cute baby ratties!!! :D Are you going to keep any of them? they are adorable! You can't find sweeties like those in the pet shops or shelters around here.

Poor degus. :( Atleast they are off to a good brand new start. :)

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 05:30 PM
I think I am keeping two babies and the mom. The mom is going to go in with my hairless girl Wrinkles, after they all pass quarantine. :D I have wanted another nude girl for Wrinkles for a long time lol.

I am keeping a boy and girl, and maybe another baby boy if he turns out to be double rex. They do have a slight ped and are healthy, so I might be breeding them.........and they may be lilac too! :)