PDA

View Full Version : Our friend's lucky unlucky streak.

Tonya
10-06-2003, 07:50 AM
This is just to funny not funny to share. lol. My husband and I have a friend, Rico that is going through a streak. We all can't decide if it is lucky or unlucky.

First, Rico works with me. Last spring, he was up on a telephone pole chainsawing the top of the pole off. He hit a metal bracket and the chainsaw bounced back and hit him in the chest. It frightened him so bad that he fell off the pole. His sweatshirt had a huge tear in it from shoulder to belly. He felt wet and hot, so he was afraid to look. The other guys at work, tore his shirt off, and there was not even a scratch. The chainsaw had ripped through the sweatshirt and tshirt, but not his skin. Not to mention he'd fell 18 ft and was fine.

Then, he bought his wife a motorcycle. She crashes and totals it while he is trying to teach her how to ride it. (She didn't crash that bad, but sportbikes are easy to total since they are all plastic.)

Then, he refinances his house. He bought a $30,000 fully loaded Ford Explorer and a motorcycle for himself. Right after he bought it, the district attorny took $20,000 from his refinance. All though he'd paid his back childsupport, they'd lost track and took it a second time from him. So, to save money now that they are broke, he cancels the insurance on the new bike and car.

His wife is driving and this guy pulls out in front of them and she hits them. Totals the new car with no insurance. The guy didn't have insurance either.

A week later, Rico is riding his motorcycle to work and a guy hits him and runs.

Rico goes and buys a Lincoln Navigater so that his wife has a way to get to work. (God knows why he bought something so expensive in the middle of this drama.) Some guy slams on his brakes last week, Rico has the sun in his eyes, so he rear ends him.

Rico races motorcycles with my husband. Mike really wanted Rico to make this race this past weekend, so he lent Rico $3000 to buy all new parts for his crashed brand new bike. They worked until 6 am Sat morning on the bike to make the 9 am inspection and practice race.

Practice went well. I went to the races on Sunday. I'm in the stands, and they start the race. I am telling this friend of mine about Rico's unlucky streak...and I see this bike fly across the track and a rider tumbling in the air like a rag doll. Guess who it was? Rico. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Rico laid there still in the middle of the track as about 100 bikes starting whizzed by him. Then he gets up! And runs to his bike. He's fine! But, they wouldn't let him finish the race until his bike got inspected.

Second race of the day, he's doing really well. Then the race ends. My husband comes in, but where's Rico? We waited for like an hour. We were frantic. Then the tow truck pulls up. He was coming out of a turn and his handlebar had came lose. Apparently it was damaged from the last crash.

But he's ok!

Sorry this is long, but I had to share it. It's to strange. And guess what! I'm late for work! I can't spell check this, sorry! I'll go over it after work.
:D :D

Logan
10-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I think I'd have to take a taxi for a while, and make sure my wife did too, if I were Rico!!!!! :eek:

Samantha Puppy
10-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I think I'd have to take a taxi for a while, and make sure my wife did too, if I were Rico!!!!! :eek: I second that!!

catland
10-06-2003, 01:28 PM
He is very lucky.

He's also a complete idiot and totally irresponsible for driving uninsured. He could have sold his new Explorer, bought a used one, and had money left over for insurance.

Tonya
10-06-2003, 09:42 PM
He's also a complete idiot and totally irresponsible for driving uninsured. He could have sold his new Explorer, bought a used one, and had money left over for insurance.

Amen, Catland. Like I was telling my husband...he has no business racing motorcycles until he gets all this straightened out. He obviously doesn't have his priorities straight! I would have bought a used car to make do, not a freakin Navigator!

gini
10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
I would buy that boy a horseshoe for good luck.

Then make sure he doesn't hang it upside down!!!

aly
10-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Has he broken any mirrors lately?