PDA

View Full Version : When do...?

jaka17
01-03-2002, 01:26 PM
When do femals pure bread dogs generaly come in heat, and what are the signs that she might be coming in heat.

Thank you for your help and concern.

ilovehounds
01-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Usually around six months ... I m not sure about the signs though ??

mruffruff
01-08-2002, 02:37 PM
All female dogs can come into heat between 4 and 7 months old, depending on the individual dog. Some show NO SIGNS. Others leave little drops of blood around the house. If there is a male in the area, he will let you know.

Warning! Males can impregnate a female through a chain link fence. Males have been known to break windows to get to a female in heat. :rolleyes:

Mary

tatsxxx11
01-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Here's a portion of Dixie's reply to a similar question on another thread...

A heat cycle is 21 days long. 1 week coming in, one week in, and one week going out. Anywhere after day 7 to about 16 are real prime times for a bitch in season and I use this word purposely because when they are in they will let anything and everything who tries to mate have a good time!

They become different in attitude and will go out of their way to find someone who will give them what they want so never let her outside unsupervised, even for a second. Male dogs can smell a bitch in season for up to two miles away and will travel! Even if they are usually really good at staying in the yard!

You can put doggie diapers on her if she spots alot. Or you can do it the homemade way. I use a pair of my husbands underwear since they have the opening that works for her tail perfectly. I line it with self sticking maxi pads