PDA

View Full Version : Bashing

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 05:56 PM
I don't really want to be offensive when I say this, so I hope no one takes it like that.

You know sometimes people on Pet Talk talk about a friend of theirs or maybe even theirself that breed animals, but it's just part of their story they are sharing and not part of their question. This just seems to happen a lot. Which is totally fine. I enjoy reading a lot of posts on here because people like to share those stories and what not. I just have been finding myself clicking the back button to try to find a different thread after I get a few replies down. I have been doing this because a lot of people have been yelling at the thread starter, bashing them, going way off the subject, and blowing everything way out of proportion about "breeding."

I know a lot of people on here are for animals and agree that breeding shouldn't be done. I am not saying breeding is right at all either. Just think about it though...for those who have a lab pit mix, lab dalmation mix, greatdane beagle mix, husky mix, poodle mix, an anything mix...they wouldn't be here if someone didn't orginlly breed that lab or pitbull. You know?

But anyways what I really wanted to say is that I think if someone brings the whole breeding thing up in a post or thread and it isn't involved in the question we should start getting mad at them or askin "why is your friend breeding anyways?" or "don't you know there are plenty of homeless animal to begin with?" We all know how eachother feel about that.

Maybe we could make the threads and post more positive and Pet Talk an all around more positive place if we just stuck to answering the questions or commenting on the stories themself. I think this will alleviate a lot of the disagreements poeple have on here as well as the arguements. It might even get some of the people to read more posts and have more people come back to Pet Talk.

Thanks for reading this. Again, I didn't want to offend anyone, espcially not inpeticular. I am just voicing my opinion. :)

Kfamr
10-05-2003, 06:05 PM
I think I know the thread you're tlaking about when you said

"why is your friend breeding anyways?" or "don't you know there are plenty of homeless animal to begin with?"

So, thinking you said that -- the person who made it is young. Assuming that their "friend" is around their age, he/she shouldn't be breeding.

Also, a responsible breeder would have things planned such as docking before the litter was born.

There's no way a 13, 14, 15 year old should be "breeding" their dogs. Some people around that age aren't too educated about breeding dogs. (I'm not saying I am.)

p.s. Don't call here again! :p :p

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, actually I wasn't talking about that thread on its own. I am talking about many, many threads started by people of all ages.

I just finally got sick of all the off topic comments to each of those threads and decided to say something. :)

P.S. I'll call whenever I wanna call! lol ;) :D

Kfamr
10-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but alot of "breeding" threads have been started by younger people.:(

*disconnects phone*

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I guess some do, but I have also seen them started by older ones or the older ones they know are the ones breeding...but anyways...

*I just might come over again and bug you that way*

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 06:12 PM
I am just trying to voice my opinion about keeping to the thread's subject, question, or story....ya know...

Cataholic
10-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Talk about 'family' squabbles.....:p

Karen
10-05-2003, 06:29 PM
I think that's a nice idea. It is okay to point out that people should be responsible about breeding, but we as a community shouldn't jump all over someone at first blush. If we all yell at them, they will just leave Pet Talk, not become a part of this community, and any chance we have at educating him or her will be lost.

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Thank you Karen. I am not sure if it could be worded any better. I am glad we are on the same track! :)

primabella
10-05-2003, 06:56 PM
I like the way you said that Lauren. Nice job. :)

Blustang24
10-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks prima! :)