PDA

View Full Version : How do you surf Pet Talk ?

tomkatzid
10-05-2003, 10:49 AM
I always use "VIEW TODAYS ACTIVE THREADS" although Tom does just the opposite. He clicks on each thread, usually starting with Dog General, Cat General ect... He says I miss to much just seeing the first couple pages of active threads. But I figure I see all the new stuff this way, but he is right I have missed several threads because there are so many new ones that get started.
So just wondering how everyone else views the site.
Katz

RubyMutt
10-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I check out my top 4 favorite threads first. I usually start at the bottom in the 'Dog House' then move my way up to 'General', 'Pet General', then 'Dog General'. If I still have time then I go check out the other threads :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-05-2003, 11:02 AM
I come straight here, to general, and look around, maybe post a few times. Then I sit, refresh ever so often, and if nothings happening, I go to the other "generals" starting with dog, then pet, then cat, then dog house.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-05-2003, 11:07 AM
I check dog general first, then general and then go to new threads. If I have lots of time on my hands, I'll go look through them all, one by one. :)

isis
10-05-2003, 11:08 AM
I start by going to general first,then dog breeds,then I go to dog general ect......:)

Randi
10-05-2003, 11:19 AM
I go straight to "Todays active threads", then COTD. :)

primabella
10-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I start with Dog General, General and Dog House. Then I'll go back and check out Dog Breeds and Pet General ect...

CathyBogart
10-05-2003, 11:40 AM
I do EXACTLY what RubyMutt does. :)

binka_nugget
10-05-2003, 12:47 PM
I go to dog general, dog behavior, dog breeds then if I notice any new usernames in the last replied sections of any other dog sections, I'll check it out. Then I move on to general.

Kfamr
10-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Normally I go to "General" , "Dog House" , "Pet General", then "Dog General" ...............

Sometimes I just skip around, like when I'm *really* bored, I go to Cat General.:p

bluekat
10-05-2003, 01:56 PM
I come straight to General, right away:p Then to the Dog House and then Cat General and Dog General

Cookiebaker
10-05-2003, 01:59 PM
I always look at DOTD, then POTD and then COTD. Then I jump into pettalk and view Dog General; then General; then Pet General; and then Cat General. And if I have time I go to Dog health and Cat health.

Cataholic
10-05-2003, 02:03 PM
I start with General, hit the birthday threads, or the general type announcement threds...head on over to cat general, skip to dog house, then, seek out some threds now on the second page..just to make sure I am not missing anything.

I have never thought to review todays active threads...I am doing it NOW!

ChrisH
10-05-2003, 02:12 PM
I begin with DOTD, COTD, then View todays active threads.:)

Uabassoon
10-05-2003, 04:37 PM
I use "VIEW TODAYS ACTIVE THREADS"

Pam
10-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
I begin with DOTD, COTD, then View todays active threads.:)

That's exactly what I do. :)

babolaypo65
10-05-2003, 05:14 PM
general
dog house
dog (look for active threads)
cat (look for active threads)
then DOTD

lather, rinse, repeat!:D

Foam
10-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Every time right when I get here, I click on Dog General. I really only go to General and all the dog sections.
I rarley use the View New Posts thing

Fuzzy317
10-05-2003, 07:57 PM
When I look each day, I usually look at View Today's Active Threads, but those times I am away for a few days, I look at each forum for those thread posts I missed.

anna_66
10-05-2003, 09:37 PM
I go to DOTD first, then dog behavior, breeds, health, games, rescue then to dog general. Then if I have time I go to general.

If I'm really pressed for time, I use view new posts.

carole
10-05-2003, 11:31 PM
I alway's view the new posts first, then just take it from there.

cloverfdx
10-07-2003, 08:18 AM
dog general, general, dog house, cat general, all other dog sections, pet general then i just browse around looking at old thread or ones i have missed :) (like this one lol)

catland
10-07-2003, 12:11 PM
I always start with COTD and read their stories.

Then its to the Dog House to see what kind of mischief people are up to, then General, then Cat General. Sometimes I go to Cat Behavior and Cat Health - especially when I know that one of our PT kitties is sick and I want to check in on their progress.

Logan
10-07-2003, 12:47 PM
I know one thing, it is HARD to keep up, especially when I am away for a day or two.

But I always look at the DOTD, COTD and POTD, first, then come into Pet Talk, and usually go to the Dog Health and Cat Health sections first, then make my way around to Dog General, Dog Rescue, Cat General, Cat Rescue, Pet General, General and the Dog House. I must admit that I rarely go to the sections on games and behavior, although I probably should! :o I am not very consistent at posting on each Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day, but I try, always going to the Pet of the Day first as there are far fewer responses there than in the other areas.

Logan

slick
10-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I start out with the Dog House and work my way up. I keep PT open all day so I usually make the whole sweep several times throughout the day.

ParNone
10-07-2003, 01:05 PM
I look at Dog of the Day first, then I scroll through all the
dog sections of Pettalk, in no particular order. I look for
interesting thread titles to open. If it says "Pic" in the title, I
automatically open and view those. If the thread title didn't really
capture my eye, but I see a lot of responses, then I might
open it up just to see what all the interest is.

I've never been to the Cat section or Pet section, but I will
peruse Other General, Pet Polls and Dog house. Using the
same technique of interesting thread titles, as I do in the
dog sections.

Par...

cali
10-07-2003, 01:53 PM
dog general
dog breeds
pet general
general
doghouse occassionally