PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about YOU

Aspen and Misty
10-04-2003, 09:28 PM
I know we have had these threads before, porbly more then once, but people change, the board grows and people do new things. So, if you've posted before, give us an updated version! If you havn't posted in a Tell us about you thread, please tell us about you :p

Well, I'll start. My name is Ashley and I am 15 years old and am in the 9th grade. I go to a private school and love it there! My best friend is Mary. We do ev ererything together. Mary is my rock and when I need someone she is there ASAP. Me and mary have a awesome relationship and have the best time hanging out.- I am an EMT in traing and if I like it and want to persue it and put my all in to I will be a full fledge EMT by the time I'm 16 and a half. (that means if you have a accident and call for an ambulance in the Montourville, PA area I will respond to save your life :p ) My dream is to when I grow up is to own a Dog/Bunny shelter. I already know what I wanna name it, how I'm going to suport it and basicly what I want it to look like. I have a passion for things that change people lives or explain about peoples lives, like stories (one reson why I write), Paws With a Cause, and peoms, any thing like that. My parents are divorced, I live with my Dad and oldest brother Jerry. My dad is NOT an animal lover, but does put up with them, even maybe likes them a little ;) , My 2 fav animals are Dogs and rabbits. I could never choose between them. My fav hobby is Dance, I love it so much. I take Art in school and I wanna take Photography but they are not offering it this year. My fav subject is English and my most hated subject is Bible or Science. ::Edited in:: Besides my brother, Jerry who lives with me, I have 1 sister Abbey who lives in South Carolina, A younger Brother Joshua who lives with my mom, and a older brother (who I don't talk to or having talked to in close to 2 years) named Jonathan who also lives with my mom.

Umm, thats all for now. How about you??

Ash

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 09:38 PM
My name is Laura and I'm 22 years old. I was born and raised in Brownsville, Tx but when I was 18 I moved to Arizona for college. I study music performance, I play bassoon and steel drums. Steel drums are my passion but there is no major for it so I am majoring in bassoon performance. My two favorite things in life are animals and music, I don't think I could live if I didn't have them both in my life. I live alone with two cats Corkscrew and Tibby, they are my babies. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do when I graduate college, but I guess we'll just see what happens. I work part time for a pet sitting agency, as of this month I have been there a year. It's the best job ever, I enjoy getting to take care of peoples pets. And I guess that's about it.

dukedogsmom
10-04-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm Val and I'm not 15 :) I guess I'll just leave it at that. You could say I'm twice as old and then you'd be close. My job is dispatching for police. I had only had one term of college after high school and then got hired for dispatch. I regret that decision sometimes because with my shift work, it's very difficult to go back to school. My goal is to get out of dispatch and into the computer work there. That way, I'll have a day job and can get a computer degree and then go somewhere else and make lots more money so I can do what I really love in my spare time, which is taking care of animals, mostly dogs which is my passion now. Duke has made me realise what special animals dogs are. I do volunteer with a rescue agecny and transport dogs to foster homes when needed. That is when my heart is happiest. I love being able to save something that someone else has given up on.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-04-2003, 09:42 PM
I'll go next...

My name is Julianne, but most people know me as Julie. I live in Los Angeles, California. I am 13 years old (14 in a few days.) and live with my mom, dad, sister and many pets. I own 2 dogs, 2 cats, a cockatiel, hamster, and 6 tortoises. When I am financially stable, and have my own place, I plan to have 2 golden retrievers, a siberian husky, and Daisy, if she is still living. All females. My goal is to become a veterinarian, and open a rescue for unwanted/abused Golden Retrievers. I go to a high school that is a Veterinary/Agriculture Magnet, and love it. My favorite dog breed is the Golden Retriever (in case you didn't notice. ;))

That's all for now. :)

Amber
10-04-2003, 09:45 PM
cool thread!

Ok my name is Amber and im 13 years old. Im from St.Marys, Ohio. Im in the 7th grade. My best best friend is Amy we do alot together. She is so funny and nice. When I turn 16 I want to volunteer at our local shelter. Then I want to go to college and become a Animal Cop. I want to help save animals lives, I have always saved or help an animal out when I was little. My favorite subject in school is Scocial Studies. My first pet was a cat when I was 3 years old. Cats might be my favorite animal. Then dogs. Im owned by 3 animals 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 dwarf hamster. I love them so much. I cant wait to add a future pet to my family. Im the youngest of 3 brothers, 2 are step brothers. My oldest st. brother is Ryan, then Chris, then Josh. My moms name is La Ree and my dads name is Floyd. My dad grew up with alot of animals he is the youngest of 10 kids. My mom is the middle child of 4 kids and she grew up with cats and 1 dog. I take after my dads side of the family. oh yeah I was born on March 6, 1990!

tikeyas_mom
10-04-2003, 09:50 PM
I guess I'll go next lol...

My name is Jynnelle, I live in BC Canada. I love animals singing and drawing. I love art in school it is basically the only think I ever get "A's" in ;)...

I am 17 years old I turned 17 on Septemeber 16th :). My best friends name is Sarah and she is such a sweety, I love her, she is soo cool. :D... I onlt have few really close friends, only 2 to be exact the rest of my school know sme but I dont really hang out with anyone from my school but Sarah. Jordan and Sarah, they are my close friends. If I knew Ashley better and we hung out a bit I bet we would be great friends to.

I love animals, I love doing research on the internet about animals. and different breeds of dogs and rodents that would fit my lifstyle. I love thriller movies and shows, ex. CSI, Crossing jordan, and judging AMY are my 3 favortie shows!!!

I have 2 dogs Oscar and Tikeya and I own 2 rats Pippin and Merry, my brother owns a cat named Fuzzy ...

..... ummmm..... I am graduating this year and I am not excited at all, I am scared. My favorite color is blue, my favorite kind of dog is the siberian husky, my favorite kind of bird is the Crow or raven. .... . the most weirest thing I would ever own would be a seagul lol. I always see them around I think they are pritty ..

END!!!

wolfsoul
10-04-2003, 09:52 PM
My name is Jordan (But I AM a girl) and I'm almost 16 years old. I'm in grade 11 in a public high school. My best friend is Timber, and my best human friend is Renee because we grew up together and aren't afraid to say anything to eachother. I'm currently looking for a job, but when I'm older I want to own an animal shelter. Of course that's alot of money that I don't and probably will never have, so I'll most likely just help by fostering dogs, rodents and rabbits (mostly dogs though ;) ). If I DO never own a shelter, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm thinking of going to a dog training school, but the closest one I can find is in Victoria (binka nugget might be going too!!). In a few years I'm going to purchase a male merle catahoula leopard dog pup (with atleast one glass eye) from Cat's Cradle Catahoulas in Ontario. I live in Kelowna BC, so I have to pay for shipping. I also plan to have another German shepherd dog from a reputable breeder (or a shelter, but ONLY if it's healthy and the hips look fine). I'm big on learning all I can about dogs, even though I know that I know enough to get through. I'm a big fan of the homecooked diet, and I plan on feeding a primary one to my future dogs. No human children for me. :p

wolfsoul
10-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Aw, thanks Jynnelle! :D You're one of my close friends too! (We burped together! I mean, you can't burp in front of someone unless they are special ;) ).

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-04-2003, 10:02 PM
My names Megan, and my dog's name is Abby. She's the best thing in my life, and so is my nephew.

I am 14 years old, and also a One-on-One tutor, which also happens to be my first ever paying job. I love it, and I love being with the kids.

I have a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephew, plus TONS of aunts and uncles and cousins.

My dreams are to become a veterinarian, preschool teacher, or pediatrician. I have a great love for kids, and it really shows! I love babysitting, especially my nephew and my 2nd cousin, Faith, who is approaching the age of two. She's a doll, and a blast to be around!

I love animals. All animals. I love reading, writing; stories or poetry. I love being online, talking to the wonderful pettalkers, and making new friends.

I am a Freshman (at our school called Frosh) in the 9th grade. I have an A-/B+ average. I enjoy school, but despise Gym class. :rolleyes:

That's all I'll tell you... I blab to much!

binka_nugget
10-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Okay me next.

My name's Ashley and I'll be turning 16 in November. I'm a grade 11 attending the school used for Smallville's highschool scenes (neat eh?). I'm asian but I can barely speak a word of Chinese. I do however speak some spanish as I'm in spanish 11 this year. After highschool, I plan on working until I have money saved up. I plan on going to a professional dog training program (like Jordan mentioned). After I complete the course, I'd like to either take another program to strengthen what I've learned or possibly take a course at a grooming school. I think it'd be really interesting and open my choices some-what. I'd like to eventually open my own centre (so to speak). If I'm successful, I'd like to run a small independant rescue with my friend Jamie. I'd take the dogs to work everyday to give them exposure and to enjoy themselves.

In the future, I'd love to own a collie, border collie and a pit. Of course, I'll rescue them. I'd love to go into agility with them and possibly do some hobby herding with the collie, border collie and who knows if the pit will like it..LOL.

dukedogsmom
10-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginniing to get a complex here :) Thanks to you younguns for being a good representation of people your age. You should be proud.

Tonya
10-04-2003, 10:26 PM
My name is Tonya, I am 25 years old. I live in central California. I am a tech for the phone company (SBC). I have been with them for six years this March. I enjoy animals, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and motorcycles. I am married to Mike and I have a 6 year old son named Jaden.

I have a large extended family. In total, I have a sister that is 17 and four brothers (19, 20, 25, 30). I thought I'd include a family picture. (Not all of my brothers and sisters are in it.)

I look a little hefty in that picture because I was five months pregnant in it. (Lost a baby last year.)

I am in the upper left corner with Mike. Jaden is the boy in the white shirt below. The rest are my brothers, sister, sister in law, parents, and nephew.

carole
10-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Ok I will keep you company , Most of you know me by now, I am Carole from Hamilton city, New Zealand.

I am mother to two children, a son Scott 21 almost 22, and daughter Melissa 11, also mum to furkids, Ash and Lexie.

I am originally from Scotland born in ELLON, but came to the land of the long white cloud when I was a baby, but all my relatives still live there, I have yet to make it back home.

RobiLee
10-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Ok, Dukesdogmom...I'll join in and be brave...lol.

My name is Robin and I am 39 years old. Thats right I'm not afraid to say it! I live in the great state of Ohio. I have a great husband and we have been married for 20 years now. We have one son and he is 19 and wants to make it in the music biz. He has a band and he writes all his own music and lyrics. I think his band sounds awesome..but of course I'm mom. Other people say they are good also..so maybe its not just me being a mom...lol. We have one dog who is an akita. She is 6 months old now and we think she is the coolest thing ever. I love all animals but seem to mostly be obsessed with dogs. I am always looking up the different breeds and reading about them. I love to read (mostly suspense drama books, some romance), I love the movies and I love music (all kinds). My husband and son have also turned me into a sports fan. I follow Winston Cup Racing and am a huge Roush racing fan (Go Matt Kenseth). I actually like all the drivers..hmm...except Jimmy Spencer..YUK! I am also a big time Minnesota Vikings fan.....Go Vikes!! I work part time at a local retail store. I handle all the money and make sure everything is accounted for and pay out a few bills for the store also. Oh yeah....I also love to travel and wish we could afford to do tons of that. I have been fortunate enough to get to go to Cancun (awesome place..love the mayan ruins and the great night life), Las Vegas (all kinds of stuff to get into there) and for our 20th anniversary we went to the totally laid back place of Key West (awesome place). Awesome anniversary! For a little over a year now I have been dealing with uterine cancer and it has really sucked! I have had 2 surgeries and am now dealing with radiation treatments. If you want to hear me whine about that, which I did this morning, you can go to this thread here http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35300 I am feeling much better this evening and I am in good spirits right now. Well, I think that is enough about me right now...lol...I do like to rattle on...lol.

Have a great evening all...I am off to bed now........Robin :)

Fox-Gal
10-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginniing to get a complex here :)

Ok, here goes.

My name is Libby I'm 45 (A older person;) ;) ). I now live in Florida, I got tired of snow. I use to live in N.Y.C and came down here on vaction and never left.. I'm married to a wonderful man, that makes me feel 25 again. I retied from owning my own buz. for 18 years caring for abused children through a state funded program.

Now I just care for my herd of pets. I take in unwanted pet that the animal control feels need a little more extra care then average person is willing to give. (well thats how I put it....they have another way of saying it, that I don't care for) I have taking in every thing from newborn cows to a duck with out wings and anything in between you can thing of. I had to stick my hands up a cows...you know what, to lancing growths on day old pups. I done more then I ever belived I could possible do and it has taught me alot about myself that I would not ever trade for anything in the world. I have giving up a lot to care for these guys...I can't remember the last time I went to a Dr. or had a real vaction with my husband. Even at that...it's a good life and I'm for the most part happy with it. But, how I would love a vaction soon. :D

Years ago if someone had told me I be doing this, I would have told them they were nut's.....Me in the counrty, bottle feeding a cow!!!! no way. I was the counrty club type, raised to be a golf pro like my mother.

In my spare time (LOL) I ride my Quad, motorcycle, or go to car shows with one of our cars, swim or just go to explore nature. I even help my husband modify cars and don't hate it. LOL

My friends decribe me as a counrty girl with a city attitude. My family just says I've gone a little crazy. I have to say that the are both some what true. :) :D

RubyMutt
10-05-2003, 12:16 AM
My name is Lindsey. I'm 19 years old and have lived in western Washington state all my life. I love it here. I'm currently on a break from college. It was supposed to be only one semester, but has turned into *coughcough* three. HOWEVER, in January I'm going to start attending DeVry University and get my bachelors degree in Business Information Systems. For the time being I'm working full time for a company called Sun Precautions, I've worked there for 4 years. I have no idea what kind of career I want when I'm older. My pets are my life and my biggest and most important interest. I currently still live at home with my parents and great-aunt, Avie, but I'm planning on moving out before the end of the year. Everything is still in the works, but my boyfriend, John, (we've been together for nearly 3 years) and a good friend of mine, Margaret (veegan on PT), are thinking about moving to Seattle together (of course with our furkids as well :)) So, send good vibes our way so that hopefully all works out! I love music... basically anything (although I'm not a huge fan of pop or country). My favorite band is without a doubt Everclear. I also LOVE Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals. I think that's enough about me ;)

tikeyas_mom
10-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Aw, thanks Jynnelle! :D You're one of my close friends too! (We burped together! I mean, you can't burp in front of someone unless they are special ;) ).

hahahaha!!

Chinadoll
10-05-2003, 01:53 AM
My name is Tiff. I'm 23, born and raised in New Orleans and don't plan on moving anytime soon. I just graduated with a BA Communications this past May. I currently work for an insurance agency. Not a job even remotely related to my degree, but I like it, my co-workers and boss are wonderful, it's very flexible and I have excellent benefits.

I'm engaged to a wonderful man. Joey's a Marine and a Cop. I don't know which worries me more. He just got back from overseas and just officially proposed so I'm living on cloud 9 right now. :D

Other tidbits:
I'm a romantic. I'm a true girly-girl..I love make-up, dresses/skirts, heels, and shopping. I love to dance. Spent 16 years taking formal lesons, and a few years teaching tap and ballet to a group of precious 2 to 5 year olds. As much as I miss performing, I miss teaching more.

I love to read. I have close to 1000 novels in my collection and could happily spend the day wandering through a bookstore. I probably should have been a librarian. I would have loved it. ..reading and research, what more could you ask for?!

Last but certainly not least, I love my critters. Responsible pet ownership is a big deal to me. More often than not, I'll do impromtu pet education lectures at petstores.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-05-2003, 02:43 AM
You probably already know some of this.....
I was born in Scotland, grew up in South Africa and am currently living in Bahrain.

I am married with three children Cameron (15) Amber (14) and Amy (12). I have one cat (Ally).

I work full time in the IT Industry (which I HATE), and part time as an English teacher (which I LOVE).

My hobbies are:

Pet Talk
Cross Stitch
Collecting Fountain Pens, Swarovski Crystal, Shot Glasses and South African Coins
Painting and Stencilling
Riding Harleys with my husband
Trying to find time to exercise!
Buying stuff on eBay

binka_nugget
10-05-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

My hobbies are:

Pet Talk
Cross Stitch
Collecting Fountain Pens, Swarovski Crystal, Shot Glasses and South African Coins
Painting and Stencilling
Riding Harleys with my husband
Trying to find time to exercise!
Buying stuff on eBay

My mom's ALWAYS cross stitching! Whenever she's home, I can be sure to find her cross stitching. She's just finishing up a sheltie one right now...when she's done, I'll be sure to post a pic of it. :D

Aspen and Misty
10-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Thank you everyone! Please keep them coming reading everyone's post is so neat!

Ash

cloverfdx
10-05-2003, 09:36 AM
My name is Rhiannon i am 22 years old and live in Victoria Australia, i am owned by 3 dogs and a cat and soon to be 4 dogs.

uh i am a volunteer at our local animal shelter and would love to be a vet nurse (not possible in the city i live in) so unless i want to move i will have to find another job (and i realy dont want to move but would if i got a good job offer).

Some of my hobbies include :
PT of course
Flyball, Obedience, and lots of other doggie activities
Scrap booking (i am onto album #3)
listening to music
Writing, poetry (not very good at it though) uhh drawing and painting (water colours)

im currently single :( *chuckles* oh so sad, uhh :eek: at the present moment most of my friends thing i have been abducted by aliens as i havnt been in touch with them in over a month (should text them n say im alright).

*thinking*thats about all at the moment
Sorry for rambling:o

Aspen and Misty
10-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Your getting a new doggie?? What kind? When? From where???

I love scrap books. I've only made 2 though and aren't even done with them. It's so much fun!

Ash

Aspen and Misty
10-05-2003, 01:00 PM
~~BUMP~~

Genral has been busy today :eek:

tomkatzid
10-05-2003, 02:16 PM
heres the old site, if anyone new wants to check it out:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31054
and here is our post from there:

Hi, we are Tom (48) and Katz (51). Tom has a younger sister and I am an only child. We live in Auburn Washington, about 30 minutes south of Seattle. I work part time for a major hotel chain and have for the past 23 years. (I’d like to run a Doggie Day Care.) Tom works for a school district (He would love to be an Animal Cop for the ASPCA, they don’t have them in Washington state), We have our 3 kids you see in our signature, Ashlee, Nina and Kelcee. We will be celebrating our 7 year wedding anniversary this next Friday, August 1st. In our wedding were his dog Shep-ee (RB) Shepherd mix, my dog Tonee (RB) Cocker and a friends dog Sheeba (RB) Terrier mix. The newspaper article about our wedding said something like, ‘nice outdoor wedding in a park, but the bridesmaids were dogs. !!!’

Tom is an avid Mountain Biker, and I am not! I tend to the flowerbeds, vegetable garden and yard. We are devoted to our dogs. Tom takes the girls to the park EVERY day. No matter what. I don’t think he has ever been too sick to walk them. They are our children.

In the spring my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I went to spend 3 months with her and my Dad in Bend Oregon. It was hard being away from my family for so long, but they gave me a big welcome when I returned. My Mom is still battling with her cancer. My father has been living with prostrate cancer for the past 10 years. We just take it day by day.

If we were to win the lotto we would start an animal rescue organization.
My favorite color is yellow, although I look really bad in yellow.
I am allergic to all fish.
Tom hates milk, so eats cereal dry.
Tom is the speller of the family.

We love 2nd hand stores, antiques, and anything to do with dogs and cats!

And now I have to add, that we have a foster LUCEE !!!!!

Kfamr
10-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Well, i'm 15 years old. I will be 16 this November 24th. My name is Kay, middle name Ann so many call me KayAnn. I could careless what you call me. :p

I live in "sunny" Florida, and I have my whole life, unfortunatly.

I'm deeply in love, honestly, with my dogs. I don't think there's a person on this planet that could fill my heart like they do. Simba is my neverending box of tissues, while Nala is my neverending box of laughs.

I hope to be an animal photographer when I 'grow up', or maybe just a photographer period. I really have no experience with regular cameras, I prefer my digital.

My bestfriends would be my dogs, but if I had to chose my *best* human friend, it would be Nicole. I've only known her since last year, but she's honestly the best person in the world. Her and I have so many things in common. She's animal obsessed like I am :)

My music is also a big part in my life. I used to be a big time rap fan, but it seems as if only the older stuff is good nowadays. I can't stand rappers like Chingy, 50 Cent, & P.Diddy.
Rappers I *LOVE* would be Nelly and Tupac. I listen to basically everything. It really doesn't matter to me, it just depends on the song.

I have one brother and one sister. Both are older than me, they're only 1 year apart. They live together in a home my brother purchased.
My brother's girlfriend (BluStang24) also lives with them. They have three animals that live in their home -- Honey, Orion, and Caeleigh. I love all three as if they were mine. :)

I'm in tenth grade, and I HATE it. My school is full of druggies, alcoholics and sex addicts. There has even been people having sex in the bathrooms. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

I hate most kids my age. There's only a few of my "friends" that i could never see myself getting mad at. That would be Nicole, Sharell, Preston & James. I'm willing to post photos of them, if anyone would like. :)

My day normally consists of getting up, going to school, coming home, playing with the dogs, going on pet talk, playing with the dogs, taking pictures, sleeping. Then doing it all over again.

I take pictures EVERYDAY. I don't think there's one day I haven't taken atleast one picture. Pet Talk only sees a fourth of them, since imagestation probably would go down if I loaded them all.

I really like to write poetry and short stories.

Anyways, enough for now.

primabella
10-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Okay my name is Liana and I'm 16 years old. I am currently in the 11th garde and will be graduating next year. I am not sure what I want to do as a career but something along the lines of advertising or graphic design. I live in Canada with my family of 6 and my pets. Mickey is everything I ever wanted in a dog, he is funny, smart and a great shouder to cry on. My birds are huge sqwackers but I love them anyhow. Rocket is my little playful birdie and Sky is good to just pet and talk with.

I like drawing, singing in the shower (lol), photography and animals. My favorite animal would have to be the puma, then the wolf. I also love hanging around with my friends and making them laugh. I have known my best friend since grade 1 and we have been through a lot together. We are just these two laughing idiots. We don't have everything in common and we don't always agree but we are always there for eachother and nothing will break us up. (hopefully) We plan on taking a trip to Australia together. lol

I really am not a fan of my high school but I try to block out all the ignorant, rude, racist and conceited people. I guess I am in the "loser" crowd at school but I couldn't be happier. There are some of those popular people who have 20 friends but nobody they can trust in. I would rather be a loser and know that I will always have my friends there to back me up.

Ahh yes and my favorite food (besides chocolate) has to be my grandmothers canelloni! :D

Okay enough about me. :)

Cataholic
10-05-2003, 03:15 PM
My name is Johanna, and I turn 38 this December. I come from a family of 8 kids..kinda in the middle. I am a lawyer, and have been for 5 years. I went back to school late, at 29. Before that, I was a claims adjuster for about 6 years. I have only played one sport in my life, soccer, but, don't do it anymore. I love to work out, run, read, read, read, mess around the house, and cook. If I had my perfect world.....everyone would go to sleep at 9 pm, and wake at 5 am...and be very, very quiet. I like my job, though, it can be stressful at times.

I have six cats, and am a feline fanatic through and through. I brought Binx into my home in April, and he fits in just fine. I live in a small house, two bedrooms, one bath, and a small yard. I would love to move into a really old big house...all hardwood floors, airy, high ceiling'd rooms. I hate new home construction.

I spend most of my time either at work, with my family, or by myself. While I have friends, I always feel too busy to connect with them. I am single, never having married, and am ambivilant about kids.

neko1
10-05-2003, 03:44 PM
My name is Michelle and I am 26 years old. I live in Northern New Jersey, but am orginally from Nazareth, PA. I've been married for 3 months now to Brian. We've been together for 7 years. We've had our house now for 4 years and spend most of our free time trying to make the place look nice. (We couldn't the first few years cause we didn't have any extra money).
I am a chiropractic assistant. I love my job and my boss is awesome. I used to be a vet tech but had to quit for reasons I won't go into here.
I am crazy for cats!!! My favorite breed is the Abyssinian of course!! My Aby Tama is my shadow. In fact he's sitting with me right now.:p
I love photography and my digi-cam. I also love decorating my house country/rustic style.
I also love my Jeep. It's the first thing I've ever spent so much money on.
Well I guess that's about it for now.:)

anna_66
10-05-2003, 09:55 PM
My name is Anna & I'm 37 (actually closer to 38 now-Jan 4 )
I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world Mark, and we've been married for almost 17 years.

I'm not able to have children so we only have furkids.
Our oldest is Angus (a rottie), he's 12. I can't imagine our life without him in it.
Next is our Roxey girl (Siberian). She's a beautiful, smart, spoiled little girl who gets just about anyting she wants!
And last, but surely not least is our rescue girl Huney (Chow). She was dumped in the country and thanks to one of my co-workers she is now our little baby girl who only wants to love and be loved

I'm a waitress at Red Lobster, I've been there almost 8 years. I guess this is what I'm meant to do since I've been waitressing almost all my life. I love to meet different people, & in this kind of job, believe me you meet all kinds;) I actually really love my job since it gives me the freedom to work short hours, this way I can spend my time with Mark & my furkids!

Hobbies, let's see.
I love to do anything that involves our pooches!
And of course chatting with my friends at PT and
Scrapbooking

Foam
10-05-2003, 10:57 PM
My name is Cayter, and I'm 12 years old. I'll be 13 on December 17.
I have two dogs that my life revolves around. Miss snobby pants, also known as Darlin, is a Shih Tzu mix. She will be a year old on October 17, this month. :) Darlin loves to play with balls, chase me arond the house, gt belly rubs and be loved as muc as possibly by her mama. ;)
My other dog is a purebred Collie named Ozzy. He is the love of my life. Oz is a blue merle, smooth coated handsome 8 week old puppy. Look for us in the agility world sometime soon! Oz is one smart dog. He gets everything I teach him ike that. He is also a lap dog. You can hold him forever, yet he's so hyper!
Darlin and Oz love playing together. They wrestle and chase eachother all the time. Ocasiaonlly, Darlin will snap at him for getting into hre food, or her crate so he had better learn quick to stear clear of those areas.
More about me...?
I love to do things with the dogs. I'll give up a weekend with my friends just to go to the park and play with the dogs for an hour or two.
I get into trouble whenever I am out with my friends, so I've been straightening up a LOT.
Well that's just a little bit about me! PM me whenever you want to talk or something. I love chatting about pets. :)
Ta-Ta

Desert Arabian
10-05-2003, 11:06 PM
My name is Laura, and I am 15 years old, and I live in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. I will be 16 on November 28th. I get my temporary drivers license next week!! WWWWEEEEEE! I don't have any brothers or sisters, I am the only child. I attend Menomonee Falls High School, and I am in the 10th grade. I have 2 cats and 7 rats.

My true passion is horses (and mules), I have been riding since I was 6 years old. I used to ride English, but now I am riding Western (along with bareback). I have been in 6 horse shows, not too many. I am constantly reading books on horses, studying information on the internet- trying to learn as much as I can. If you look at my AOL Favorite List, under the category "horses" there has to be 700 different sites. :p You can never know everything about horses. I volunteer at Camp Anokijig, the horse camp I go to every summer. I travel far and wide to see as many horse shows as possible. Of course, if you are a true horse fan, you visit Kentucky- I have been there 3 times. I would LOVE to be an equine veterinarian, or an equine veterinarian assistant- but I am too dumb.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want this mule: Click here to see (http://horse.classifieds.equine.com/horses/598747.html)
I asked mom if I could get her, and she said: "Not until you get a job and keep it for 6 months." :rolleyes: She'll be sold by then! :(

I plan to go to college, I am not sure what I will be majoring in quite yet. Once I am done with school and have a good job, I would love to move out west (Montana) and have a ranch full of dogs, horses, mules, and rats. NO SKIN KIDS! Another career field that I would love is working for National Geographic as a professional animal photographer.

What other silly information can I tell you? Um, my favorite color is yellow. My favorite dog breeds are the Labrador Retriever, Great Dane, and Boxer. My favorite horse breeds are the Quarter Horse and Arabian. My favorite actors are Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin, and all the other LOTR peoples. My all time favorite movie is Lord of the Rings. My favorite place to travel to is our cottage. My favorite states (that I have been to) are Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

I don't have a job yet, I am planning on getting one soon. The only thing that I do, that is close to a job is teaching hunter's safety classes.

That's about it, not too exciting. :p

RubyMutt
10-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Foam
Miss snobby pants, also known as Darlin, is a Shih Tzu mix. She will be a year old on October 17, this month. :)

Darlin's birthday is the day after Ruby's :D Except Ruby will be turning 3 :)

The Cat Factory
10-06-2003, 01:12 AM
My name is Chantelle, and I live in BC, Canada with my mom, dad, sister, two brothers, and my 1 week old neice, Sierra.

I am owned by 3 cats, Peppurr, a 2 year old black and white tuxy boy, Zeus a 6 month old black Maine Coon/Snowshoe/DMH. The bottom half of his belly and his armpits are a orange/black color. Majesty is around 4-5 years old, she is a brown marbled Bengal. We adopted Majesty last year.

I also have a dog, Buddy. He is a Golden Retriever, and is 7-8 years old. We adopted Buddy in July of 2001. Buddy's favorite thing to do is sleep :D

I have my fish too. I have 6 fish, Thrasher, and I haven't got around to giving the other 5 names. Three of the fish are bottom feeders.

I collect video game systems (so far I have Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, SNES, N64, Sega Genisis and Sega Saturn), and video games. My favorite games are Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64), Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC) Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Super Mario World (Snes) Super Street Fighter II (Snes) Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven (PS2) Halo (Xbox) Evil Dead II: A Fistfull Of Boomstick (PS2), Hunter: The Reckoning (Xbox) Gauntlet: Dark Legay (Xbox) and Simpsons Road Rage and Simpsons Hit & Run just to name a few.

I also collect DVD's, I only have about 40 so far. My favorite movies are Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army Of Darkness, Gladiator, Identity, Lord Of The Rings, Braveheart, most Star Trek movies, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, and Signs ( I am sure I am forgetting lots)
My favorite actors are Joaquin Phoenix, Mel Gibson, Ray Liotta, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, and Bruce Campbell.

My favorite animals are Cats, with Dogs in second. My favorite cat breeds are the Sphynx and the Bengal and my favorite dog breeds are Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, and Rottweiler :)

That's all about me, I am not a very exciting person :D

CathyBogart
10-06-2003, 02:18 AM
My name is Cathy. I'm nineteen years old an I live in Campbell, CA. I graduated High School to years early because I loathed it, and I now attend West Valley community College. I'm also engaged!

I have a lot of pets. My personal pets are: six rats, a mouse, and a Hognose snake. My parents have two dogs and a cat, my fiancee has another snake (a black pine), and his family has a long-haired Chihuahua.

I have a few fish too: a Diamond tetra and two Botia Sidthimunki.

I am a Furry, which basically means I identify with a specific animal (Felines in my case) and I have a "fursona" who is an anthropomorphic Siamese cat (with wings!). My Fursona's name is Wolfchan.

I fully intend to remain child-free for my entire life, and my fiancee agrees with me. I'm very lucky in that my family and friends almost all support this decision, or at least don't argue and tell me "you'll change your mind".

When I graduate, I hope to become a herpetologist. I'm not sure what I want to get into specifically, but I know that I want to work with snakes, and I don't want to work with the average (irresponsible) pet owners like the ones I see at the pet store I work at now.

slick
10-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginning to get a complex here :)
My name is Vickie and I'm a Pettalktolic. Ooops, wrong room. Sorry.

My name is Vickie and I signed up with Pet Talk in Dec 2002. I'm 51 going on 35 and fortunately I don't look my age. Time has been very good to me. I'm an independant woman and own my own condo (well, the bank does so far..). I've never wanted marriage or children so today I live alone with 2 furkids. I work full-time for a non-profit society and have the job title of Coordinator, Information Systems. I've been doing this for about 15 yrs. When I retire I'm getting a doggie of my very own.

I have one brother who is married with 2 children. My Father is deceased and my Mother and I are very close. Most of my Aunts and Uncles have also passed away except for my Auntie Ruth who is 94 and living in a care home. I'm very close to her too.

It's very hard to meet a companion at my age, especially someone with no children so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I will be alone with I retire, but that's OK with me. You get very set in your ways, the older you get, and the last thing I need right now is some burbing, farting male to expect dinner on the table at 6pm. **shudder at the thought ** I don't have many friends expect you guys on Pet Talk. I tend to be a bit of a homebody that likes to hang out with Max and Speckles. I do alot of volunteer work at our local Humane Society in my spare time.

curiosityrats
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
My name is Vickie (too! Yes! Another "ie" on the web!). I'm 21. I live in WV, which is a pile of hills you have to go through to get from OH to DC, LOL! This is my 4th year of college; I hope to graduate in a year and a half. I am single, have always been single, never dated, and I don't mind staying that way until/unless I can find someone who won't mind playing second fiddle to my pets and can clean up after himself (cold day in h***? You bet...)

I am considering (exotics) vet school, but I don't know if I "have what it takes." You know?

I breed pet rats. They are my pride and joy. I've learned a lot of patience with people by trying not to notice when people cringe if I talk about them. (They NEVER cringe when they meet them. Go figure...)

My parents both teach high school but hope to retire soon. They love my rats. ;) Although sometimes I feel like Dad parades me around like a freak show. ("My daughter raises rats! Let her show you some of her rats!") Dad is a cat person and likes my critters, but isn't fond of dogs.

I live in an apartment with my sister (we go to the same college), the rats, and her betta. We have 5 cats and a dog at my parents' house. I love them to bits, especially April since she is so scared of rats. It's hilarious.

I have a brother in high school who is graduating this year.

Besides my rats, my passion is learning and websites. My pride and joy is this one: http://curiosityrats.tripod.com

Attached is a picture of my rat cages.

wolfsoul
10-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Hobbies, let's see.
Scrapbooking
I love scrapbooking! :) However I haven't addd anything to my scrapbook for a couple years. It gets so addicting when you're in the middle of a page that I'll stay up till morning trying to finish it! If you're intersted, when I get a scanner for my birthday I'll share some pages and ideas with you. :)

RubyMutt
10-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I love scrapbooking! :) However I haven't addd anything to my scrapbook for a couple years. It gets so addicting when you're in the middle of a page that I'll stay up till morning trying to finish it! If you're intersted, when I get a scanner for my birthday I'll share some pages and ideas with you. :)

Ooo show me too!! ;)

My mother, sister, and I spend HOURS and HOURS scrapbooking :D It's the best. I've getting really behind lately :o I need to go shopping for more supplies! :D

binka_nugget
10-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Maybe I should give scrapbooking a try. It sounds fun....but I lack on the creative side lol.

wolf_Q
10-06-2003, 11:44 PM
My name is Amy. I'm 19 years old. I live in Utah, and have lived here my entire life. After I graduated from high school, I worked for a year. I still work at the same job every other day...I'm a Bath and Brusher at Petco. I'm going to college 2 days a week, 5 stupid classes, and I hate it.

I have 3 wonderful dogs. Smokey is a 17 year old male poodle, Reggie is a 10 year old male schnauzer and Nebo is a 1 year old male siberian husky. My favorite breed is the siberian husky, and I would LOVE to adopt another.

I've always loved art and photography. I've been drawing animals since I was young, and I still enjoy it very much. I do Pet Portraits (link in my sig). I really like taking photos also, especially of my dogs, scenery, and wildlife.

cloverfdx
10-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Your getting a new doggie?? What kind? When? From where???

yup :D A border collie (male) , they are due to be born this week *yay*, they are from a sheep farm *proper working BC's* and the mother has been working sheep ever since she could walk lol (well started out with the chickens)

as for scrapbooking i love it, but have been too lazy latly to do anything

TM i know the feeling if i start a scrap book page i cannot stop untill it is finished:o

Samantha Puppy
10-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Wow, a lot of people on here are younger than I thought. :)

So I guess I'll give this a whirl... My name is Jaime. I'm 25 years old and I am completely owned by one Miss Samantha. I come from a small family - just my mom and dad and my brother, Robb. My best friend is Christine. We met in 1989 and hated each other at first, but quickly became friends and now she's my Maid of Honor! My wedding is on June 5, 2004 and I have to say, I cannot wait. Josh and I have been together since 1995 (when we were seniors in high school). He recently graduated with a BS in Computer Science from Virginia Tech. He is the most intelligent person I've ever met - he's one of those people that knows a lot about everything. Samantha and I both adore spending time with him and we can't wait until it's full time and Daddy doesn't have to leave to go back to his house. :( That makes us sad.

Most of you already know the story of how Samantha came into our lives. My neighbor found her and her puppy sister along the side of a highway and brought them home with her. The next day, she brought them over to see if anyone we knew was looking to adopt a puppy. I sure wasn't, but as soon as I saw Samantha (then called "Sassy" or "Lady" depending on who you spoke to), I knew she was my girl. After much coaxing (we have an older cat, quite set in his ways), my parents agreed to let me keep Sam at our place until Josh and I got our own place. That was supposed to be this past summer, but we decided to wait until we were married mainly to save money. And now my parents are tearing up when they think about Samantha moving out. She won our hearts quite early on and is easily the best thing that happened to me last year. I love her more than anything.