PDA

View Full Version : I luv um but.....

Toby's my baby
10-04-2003, 03:07 PM
We just got a new kitten from a farmer... I;t is pretty small but it eats reagular cat food. he (Squirt) is driving me crazy because he mewows ALL the time. what should i do!!!:(

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 03:12 PM
You might want to switch him over to kitten food. As for the meowing, enjoy it. Ask him questions, maybe he'll answer you :)

momofcats
10-04-2003, 03:17 PM
If you just got him, he needs time to adjust to his new surroundings. He is just trying to talk to you and tell you he is scared, happy, excited....a bunch of different things.
He is a baby who just got a new home and misses his mommy and trying to figure out what is going on.

rg_girlca
10-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Poor baby. If he is that small he was probably taken away from his mommy too soon. You should have him on kitten food not regular cat food. He is meowing cause he misses his mommy and siblings if there were any around.
He has to get use to his surroundings.
Like momofcats said, he is also scared. Just have patience and when he starts meowing, pick him up and tell him, "It's okay" and give him lots of love. In the end it will pay off.

Toby's my baby
10-05-2003, 09:24 AM
I will take your advice and switch him to kitten food!!:) :D

catmandu
10-05-2003, 09:55 AM
You should try the New Science Diet Advanced Formula , which offers a complete rebate on the Purchase price! And meeeeow back , he is trying to communicate!

bluekat
10-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah, all new kitties are like that. They meow and meow because they're scared. But he'll stop eventually.
Good Luck!:)

feeling frisky
10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
We have only had Billy a few weeks and he meows all the time too! I know it gets to ya after a while,but enjoy it they grow fast.I just imitate him.He hates it!!hehe But changing him to kitti food is a good idea I agess with. Science Diet is good or Royal kain is good to. The Royal Kain is all natural a little $$$ but they have different formulas for differnt cats.For indoor cats, mature,and kitten just to name a few. My cats like it.

Toby's my baby
10-25-2003, 10:17 AM
we switched him over a few weeks ago to I think its purina kitten chow and now I just meow back and we talk for about 10 min. !!:p :D