PDA

View Full Version : How Many Animals?

Toby's Mommy
10-04-2003, 09:55 AM
A long time ago I had a post of how many animals everyone had.
I said after awile I would see what the average was. If I added right out of the post the average was 18 animals per family.:p

Heather Wallace
10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
18 per family seems a bit much.

RubyMutt
10-04-2003, 01:04 PM
18 :eek: Wow that's a lot!

I have 8 (1 dog, 1 hamster, & 6 fish) :)

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 01:06 PM
I have only have 2, Corkscrew and Tibby my two cats.

tikeyas_mom
10-04-2003, 01:54 PM
I only have 6

tikeya, oscar, fuzzy, pippin, Merry, spur.

magcpen
10-04-2003, 02:54 PM
I think that total was including fish, which woukd explain the high numbers. Now unfortunately, I can count the fish....

I have two rats (El Barto and Chief Wiggum) and two unnamed (I cannot spell this at all so I'll spell it phonetically) vekostemus (you know, sucker fish, lol).

Toby's my baby
10-04-2003, 03:03 PM
18 is a lot I think I added wrong!:p

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Well, I can see why the average is so high now. One person on the original thread had over 50 pets and of course Fox-Gal has a big herd :) at over a hundred pets.
How many animals? (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33829&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
18 is a lot I think I added wrong!:p

Toby's my Baby, I'm confused. Are you the same person as Toby's Mommy? Because here you said that you added it wrong making it seem like you two are the same person, but under Toby's Mommy is says Sara and under Toby's my Baby is says Beth.. I'm confused.

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I just finished looking at both profiles and see that under pets both profiles have the same pets listed. Why do you have two different user names and why are you going by both Beth and Sara?

Fox-Gal
10-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Well, I can see why the average is so high now. One person on the original thread had over 50 pets and of course Fox-Gal has a big herd :) at over a hundred pets.
How many animals? (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33829&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

What I'm not in the average range. LOL

I never have been avarge at anything. :D

momofcats
10-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Uabassoon,

I was confused to until I saw this on another thread as posted by Toby's Mommy:
My sister (Beth or Toby's my Baby) put him in a box...

curiosityrats
10-06-2003, 06:21 PM
We are a 34 pet family (not counting my latest litter of rats).

~The family dog: Foxfire
~My brother's two fire-bellied toads: Cassidy & Kevin
~Dad's cat, my cat: Patches
~My sister's cat: Daisy
~My brother's cat: Bard
~My cat: April
~A cat we are watching for a friend: Tech
~My mom's two African Clawed Frogs: Congo, and Kenya
~My sister's betta: Peche
~My 23 rats: Amelie, Belldandy, Dash, Dotta, Eve, Fortune, Psyche, Saria, Sugar, Yuna, Butchy, Corbin, Cupid, Dante, Dojo, Egon, Einstein, Lir, Lumpy, Nino, Satchmo, Scratch, & Tidus.

And a litter of 11 was born last week, but I plan on keeping only one or two.

Usually the rats and betta live in the apartment with my sister and me, but at Christmas and over summer, we all go home with the rest of the family. I don't think 18 is too far-fetched a number... A lot of people keep a little colony of mice or hissing cockroaches (my mom had some once) or a tank of fish or other critters. And some people have farms where they can keep horses or a group of dogs. (I'm envious, I wish I had a farm... I'd have more pets. ;) )

As long as you can take care of the animals and make that commitment for life, there really isn't a limit... Granted, it gets EXPENSIVE to feed and keep shots up to date and pay for emergency vet bills (surgeries, illnesses, etc.), but they are worth it if you can afford the time and money they need and deserve.

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok here goes, again!

My rats, 30 plus!
2 Madajascar Hissing Cockroaches
2 Spiney mice
2 Degus
2 hedgehogs
1 gecko
1 tortoise
4 cats which live here with Dan, Dylan and I (Cheetah, Houdini, Mystic, and Ewok)
2 cats living at Dan's dads, Tin Tin (my cat but adjusted to that house too much to move him) and Spanky, Dan's orange tabby cat.
4 cats that live at my parents, but they are my cats really. Blacky my older guy, Ickeris, Thor, and Baby (my 18th birthday present)
1 mouse named Fred
3 birds, cockatiel, budgie and parrotlet who live with my parents
1 fire bellied toad, brother's
gee is that it? I hope I am not forgetting anyone.
Sadie, Dan's moms dog, and Natasha, their black and white tux kitty. :)

luckies4me
10-06-2003, 06:49 PM
:eek: I forgot my goldfish. :p

Uabassoon
10-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Uabassoon,

I was confused to until I saw this on another thread as posted by Toby's Mommy:
My sister (Beth or Toby's my Baby) put him in a box

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

cali
10-06-2003, 08:37 PM
18 is about right for me, well I have a little more then that.

5 dogs:
happy
misty
shadow
perky
Ripley

11 guinea pigs:
missy
friskit
patch
smores
poppy