PDA

View Full Version : Bump!?

Daisy's Mom
08-15-2001, 07:42 PM
I have found a bump on Daisy and I am freaking out! It wasn't there before. It's on her chest under the skin. When you pinch it, you can feel that it's not soft or connected to anything... any ideas what it is? My mom is going to call the vet tomorrow, but I am hoping someone can give me some peave of mind until then!

zippy-kat
08-15-2001, 08:46 PM
As our cocker got older, she developed three fatty cysts. (I can't remember the scientific name the vet gave them.) One of these cysts appeared on her chest area. It was firm and didn't seem to be connected to anything. Our vet told us that it was nothing to be concerned about.

Good luck and keep us informed of what happens! My fur crew and I will keep our fingers, fins, tails, and paws crossed for ya!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Oh Bridget, I know how worried you are about Daisy. When we had our Bassett he had bumps and the Vet told us they also were fatty cysts and they weren't anything to worry about. In fact Charlie had two or three of them. I think it would be a good idea if your Mom called the Vet anyway just to be sure, he or she might want to take a look to be on the safe side. Give Daisy a big hug and kisses from Miss Daisy and Perry and me.
Jackie

Sudilar
08-15-2001, 10:00 PM
Poor Daisy! Killian (of course, who else?)has had a few cysts removed from his side, hip area and thigh. All of them were benign. I hope Daisy's lump is just one of those type. Let us know. We'll be praying for you.

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

Gio
08-16-2001, 04:34 AM
Bridget, I sure hope Daisy is OK. Please let us know as soon as you have any news!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-16-2001, 07:53 AM
Our cocker also had several fatty cysts, one of which was several inches in diameter and on her side. Another one was on her leg, and entwined itself and adhered to the bane and tendons - that one gave us a scare because it didn't move like the others. The vet removed the one on her leg and biopsied it, with the results being that it was just fat.
Talk to your vet - since it's loose, it probably is just a fat pad, but better safe than sorry!

sammi
08-16-2001, 10:46 AM
I hope it is nothing to worry about. Pls. keep us posted on what the vet says about it. Much of the time they are just fatty cysts.

Albea
08-16-2001, 11:38 AM
Bridget:
Carina also had two fatty cysts removed. The last one was in her back and the size of a golf ball. It got so big because the vet told me not to worry about it, she knew it was not a tumor. Finally, she had to have surgery last Spring because I didn't want to see that bump in her back any longer. :( It was indeed a fatty tissue cyst. It's very common in some dogs, but the best thing is to consult with your vet. Hope that's all that is wrong with Daisy. Give her a hug from us :)

Daisy's Mom
08-16-2001, 10:12 PM
Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all your concerns. We got an appointment for Daisy today, but it isn't for three weeks! I don't think I can wait that long! I am a wreck, spoiling her even more than usual (and I didn't even think that was possible!). I will let you all know as soon as I know anything. Thank you again for all your comforting words!

Sudilar
08-16-2001, 10:33 PM
Three weeks?? Your vet is that busy? My vet usually can squeeze us in after hours or one time at lunch while he was still chewing up his food, he was checking Killian out! Good luck!! Hope all goes well.

Daisy's Mom
08-16-2001, 10:52 PM
Oh, sorry, I meant two weeks! I am so stressed out, I have no idea what I am saying... no, the appointment is in two weeks. It's still a long time :(

Sudilar
08-17-2001, 08:28 AM
Two weeks is still too long to have to worry!! Hang in there. I hope that it will be ok.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-17-2001, 10:00 AM
Bridget, that is a long time to wait, your Vet must be really busy, but I'm sure Daisy will be o.k. but it is good to be sure.
Jackie

Angeldazy_08
08-17-2001, 07:38 PM
my dog hugo has a lump and the vet said it was a fat lump and it sounds just like daisy's lump he said u just have to worry about it when gets 2 big then they have to remove it!

Daisy's Mom
08-17-2001, 08:47 PM
Thank you, everyone! Yeah, two weeks is a long time... I will be praying my head off the whole time!!! And spoiling Daze like crazy. I just can't imagine without her...

Maggie's Mom
08-21-2001, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
<STRONG>Thank you, everyone! Yeah, two weeks is a long time... I will be praying my head off the whole time!!! And spoiling Daze like crazy. I just can't imagine without her...</STRONG>

Hope all goes well with your baby. Be sure that the vet does a biopsy on the lump.

Our Maggie also had a bump (on her rump)about 2 years. The vet did a biopsy, found some suspicious cells, did surgery, follow- up blood work and Maggie is doing great.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Daisy's Mom
08-21-2001, 05:24 PM
I am glad Maggie is okay! Thank you for your information. I really appreciate everyone's concerns! Our appointment is at 6 PM on August 29. Waiting is driving me crazy! Daisy is acting normal and I doubt it's anything serious... but I can't help but worry about her!

lizbud
08-21-2001, 09:29 PM
Dear Daisy's Mom...
Please don't worry yourself too much about
this lump you found on Daisy.I know it's hard
to wait having it checked out by your Vet;
but Aug 29th is really not that far away!!
Bud has not had that particular problem,but my daughter has a Dobie/Shep mix boy named
Oberon that has had more than a few lumps.
Her Vet removes them when they start to
grow between the muscles of his leg or back
(whatever).. It worrys my daughter more than
it does Obie.
Point being ..Don't stress yourself too
much. O.K.?? Everyone at PET TALK loves that
little Basset Hound and will be praying for
You Both...
Much love from Buddy & me. Keep your chin up!!!

KYS
08-21-2001, 11:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing,
You have one busy vet.
If you are like me, it will not do any
good for me to tell you to relax and not
to stress out!
Think good thoughts, Daisy is probably
just fine. Pepper had a lump on her
head for a long time. The vet said by feeling it, it was nothing to worry about.
We just had to watch it. It did get
bigger a few months later and the Vet removed it.(Our vet was right and the lump was nothing) :)

zippy-kat
08-26-2001, 10:28 PM
Miss Daisy, when is your apt?

We are waiting to hear how things go!

Daisy's Mom
08-28-2001, 01:12 AM
Two more days :mad: I am really mad that I have had to wait this long! I have been so worried the whole time, but I keep reading and rereading everyone's stories of little bumps that aren't serious at all. I really hope that's the case here.

One other question for you bump experts: how do they check them? Are they going to have to cut it out? Or stick a needle in? Or can they just feel it and tell whether it is dangerous or not? Thanks!

Love,
Bridget and Daisy

carrie
08-28-2001, 03:13 AM
Initially feeling the lump should give a pretty good idea what it is. If there is any chance of it being something other than what it feels then maybe some fluid will be taken from it or a small operation to remove it will be advised. None of these things are anything to worry about at all.

Sudilar
08-28-2001, 07:54 AM
In Killian's case, they have done two things. Two were surgically removed and one of those were biopsied. The others were just checked by hand and then watched to see if they kept growing. Good luck to you. I hope everything will be ok.

tatsxxx11
08-28-2001, 01:40 PM
Dear Bridget and Daisy! PLEASE forgive me for not seeing this post sooner! Star is absolutely furioius :mad: with me. Her pal Daisiy is going to the big white house for a lumpy and she didn't even know! Try not to worry....often a lump large enough to feel and move around is usually a benign lipoma. (Fatty lump) I can't wait to hear that the appt. is over and you are home with Daisy and all is well! Please let us know as soon as you can. And big kisses and hugs to our beautiful, sweet girl. :) Love, Sandra Star and Cody

ilovehounds
08-28-2001, 02:18 PM
Oh no our favorite little houndy has to go to the ... well you know what :(

Hannah had a wieght problem (an extra 15 pounds) and when she lost the wieght I found a lump just like you described on her hip. I was soooooo scared, I cried when I found it. luckily we were going to the vets the next day so I asked the vet what it was and she felt it and told me it was a fatty cysts. It was probably there when she was fatter but you just couldn't feel it. She told me to watch it and if it didn't go away or if it got bigger and I wanted to further investigate it she will. It disappeared.

Good Luck tomorrow Daisy, hound dog howls and good luck wishes.

Cinder & Smoke
08-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Hey Daisey & Bridget ~ SmokeMutt, here ~

Good luck atta White Coat's Place tomorrow! Member not to *chomp* :eek: onna Vet's handbone - Cinder sez they get *krankee* :mad: when ya do that!

And while you're there; how bout askin the Vet to 'splain just WHAT are these "benign limpoma", "fatty lumps", and "fatty cysts" thingies all our hoomins are talkin about? After I got sum pounds added to the skin an bones frame I first came with, Dad wuz giving me *skritchez* wun nite while we was layin in the bigbed. All asudden he sitz up an startz pokin and pinchin tween my shoulder blades ~ cuz he'd found wunna those squishey lumppy things :eek:. But after about a week it wented away! Much as he tries, he can't find it enniemore - like it's gone! Can that happen? See what you can find out ~ Pleeze, Miz Daisey?

You an yer Mom be reel brave tomorrow ~ we'll all have our pawz an klawz crossed for ya! :D

aly
08-28-2001, 09:45 PM
Oh Bridget, I'm sorry I didn't see this before. Daisy will be just fine I'm sure. Dessi, my overweight lab, had several fatty cysts. My vet didn't remove any of them because they weren't growing and he said it'd be a waste since she'd just get more and they wouldn't hurt her. She was verrrry lumpy to pet but was just fine. We did have one removed but that was a different type of bump between her toes. It was benign, thank God! Anyway, don't worry yourself to death. Since bassets are more..ahem.. pleasantly plump, I am sure it is a harmless fatty cyst. Tomorrow at this time, you will be at home and relieved at the good news your vet told you! I will be thinking of you and Daisy all day. Big hugs and kisses to the Daisy girl from me, Reece, Lolly, and Shiloh :)

Karen
08-28-2001, 10:40 PM
Gracie, who was 3/4 Great Dane 1/4 lab, so had very very smooth, flat to the skin fur, jot a lump on her side when she was only 5 or so. Because she was so smooth, it REALLY stuck out, but her vet examined it, said it was just a "wen," just a bump, nothing to worry about. It was there for the rest of her very long, spoiled rotten life, to no ill effects, and you know, it "looked" much smaller to us once we knew it was harmless! Hope Daisy's is, too!

AdoreMyDogs
08-29-2001, 08:14 AM
Bridget,

I am sure Daisy will be fine. Just try to be positive. Beener, my yellow lab, had about a zillion fatty tumors all over when he got old. Some were in bad areas so they had to be removed, but most of them were not in bad areas, and they were completely harmless so we opted against surgery. I am sure Daisy will be fine, and the Doctor may even advise against getting it removed.

I have absolutely no intention of taking the attention away from you and Daisy, this is after all your post, but Graham is going to have surgery very soon for a small fatty tumor in his front armpit, one small wart on his shoulder blade, and one suspicious (hopefully harmless wart) on his back leg. I shaved the three spots where the lumps to be removed are and he's going for the exam today. I want him to get them removed, regardless of their harmless nature, because sometimes I knick them when I'm brushing him and it hurts or bleeds. Hopefully he can go into surgery this Friday so I can have the whole weekend to pamper him :)

Here's praying for the most adorable Daisy and the cutie Graham to be OK and to have good news about their growths.

Sudilar
08-29-2001, 05:48 PM
Good luck to both Daisy and Graham. I hope all those growths are nothing to worry about. We'll be praying for you both!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-29-2001, 07:36 PM
Hope the appointment went well and the vet gave good news. :)

aly
08-29-2001, 08:27 PM
Bridget - Did it go okay? Let us know as soon as you get back!

aly
08-29-2001, 08:28 PM
Graham, good luck to you on your surgery. I'm sure you'll be fine and you get to be spoiled and pampered ALL weekend afterward. Although, I have a feeling you're pampered by Leslie every day :D

Daisy's Mom
08-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Good news!!!! Good news!!!!

We went to the vets tonight, as you all know :) He felt Daisy's lump and then stuck a needle in to see what was inside. There was some blood in it, which is apparently good. He was also happy that it wasnt connected to any muscle or anything, and it therefore does not have to be removed! It's just a benign little fatty cyst! I was so happy! Daisy was a very good girl; she didn't even flinch when she got her needles. I held her face in my hands the whole time and I stared into her eyes and whispered to her, "Please don't yelp Daisy, or Mommy will cry... please be a good girl!" Thank goodness she didn't yelp; I know I would have cried! But anyway, the bump is just fine where it is! If it gets bigger or starts attaching to anything insied, I have to take her back in, but he said that's unlikely. Whew! :D

SmokeMutt, I am so sorry I didn't see your post sooner! I couldn't get online last night. I am really sorry! I always just assumed that a fatty cyst was just a lump of fat, but oh well... I was so happy when I found out they were benign that I didn't care what else they were, as long as they weren't cancerous!

We also had her armpits checked out, because they had been very red lately, and she has been licking and scratching at them. The vet said it's just a mild irritation, and told us to use some hyrdacortizone (sp?) cream on them. I put some on tonight and they already seem to have stopped bothering her!

The other thing we talked about was her cherry eye. I posted about it a verrrry long time ago. For those of you who don't know, a cherry eye is a swollen gland in the corner of an eye. It puffs up and is red and kind of gross looking. Daisy has had hers since she was around a year old and it's not too big so we never removed it. However, after talking today with the vet, he said that even though it won't cause any large horrible problems, it can cause more eye infections than if we just had it removed. So, we decided to get her an appointment. On September 10, she's going in for it. I am really worried just beause I hate the thought of surgery... at least we bring her there and take her home the same day! Well I am sure you will hear a lot more about this from me as Sept. 10 grows closer, so Ill stop talking now :)

Sweet Graham, I hope your little surgeries go A-okay, like I know they will! Daisy and I will pray for you.

I would like to thank everyone again for all their concerns and their words of comfort. You are all truly amazing people and I feel honored just to know you!

Thanks Again, and sorry I am so long-winded!

Love,
Bridget and Daisy

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

aly
08-29-2001, 11:22 PM
Yay Daisy, we knew you'd be okay! You'll be fine in your surgery and I'm sure Bridget is gonna spoil you like Leslie is gonna spoil Graham :D

I'll be thinking of the sweet Daisy girl all the way until she comes home after surgery on the 10th. She'll be fine. And she has one of the sweetest, most loving doggie moms in the world to help her through it. :)

Sudilar
08-29-2001, 11:31 PM
I'm so glad it is good news. Good luck on the 10th!

KYS
08-30-2001, 12:09 AM
I am so happy for you,

I have been waiting patiently for some news.
I am just thankful it was great news.
Good to hear they will not have to
remove the cyst.
When Pepper's cyst was first removed she looked like Frankenstien for awhile with
her shaved area and stitches. :)
I will be thinking of Daisy
and sending good wishes for a safe surgery for her cherry eye.

zippy-kat
08-30-2001, 01:59 AM
YAY DAISY!!

Good luck on the surgery!

Gio
08-30-2001, 06:33 AM
Bridget, I'm so relieved that there is nothing seriously wrong with Daisy!

Godd luck for the operation Graham, I'll be thinking of you.

Logan
08-30-2001, 07:25 AM
Bridget and Daisy! Yeah!! I'm so glad the lump was nothing. And I'm also glad to hear that you are going to go ahead and take care of the cherry eye. Good luck, Miss Daisy!

Leslie, we will be thinking about Graham tomorrow. Hope all goes well, and that you will update us when you can.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-30-2001, 08:08 AM
Yahooo! Just fat, whew! Just keep it in check like the vet said. I don't know about bassets or other breeds, but I do know that cockers are very prone to fatty cysts and to warts! My cocker was a lumpy bumpy gal by the time she was an old lady - and I loved every lumpy warty inch of her! :D

AdoreMyDogs
08-30-2001, 08:10 AM
Yeah Bridget and Daisy :D I am so glad it's OK. And I know surgery is scary but Daisy will be OK and you will spoil her even more then she could ever imagine :)

Graham's only suspicious lump was checked out yesterday. The vet stuck a kneedle in it and it was only fat. It was viewed under the microscope just to be sure and nothing ugly...only fat. Phew....

I am dropping off Graham tomorrow morning for his surgery. I am always so nervous when he has surgery but I trust his vet ALOT. They have very high-tech equipment, they hook him up to 3 monitors, and before any surgery they always do a very complete blood screening to make sure all of their organs can handle the ansthethisia (sp). It's a VERY expensive vet, and I always hurt financially from having big things like this, but I will just have to be more careful with my spending for a few months.

I am sure I will need your "shoulders" to cry on tomorrow after I drop off my baby. I'll keep you updated as to how he is. Thanks everyone. You are all so wonderful.

RachelJ
08-30-2001, 08:49 AM
Bridget, well, if it ain't one thing, it is something else, but I am glad that you are going to have Daisy's eye dealt with. I know the idea of surgery is scary, but because they get such a thorough going over presurgery, I always tried to see that as an extra benefit.

Leslie, I've been where you are at. My Bailey had many lumps and bumps and I had quite a few removed over the course of the years. You know this household will be thinking of the sweet Graham tomorrow. I always had the teeth cleaned while they were under for the operation, but Mr. Gleem probably doesn't need that.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

lizbud
08-30-2001, 10:01 AM
GREAT NEWS DAISY GIRL....
So glad to read your post this morning of
You & Daisy's visit to the vet.Sounded like
Daisy got checked out throughly, and was one
BRAVE little pup!!! I'm much relieved for you
and Daisy!!
Good Luck on the 10th for the eye problem..
Also Good Luck to Graham on his visit to the
Vet tomorrow...Hope Graham's visit & surgery
go well..All The Best from Buddy & Liz.

08-30-2001, 11:58 AM
Hi Bridget,

I had been following this but never replied. Everyone was already echoing my thoughts. I am SOOO SOOOO glad that Daisy's lump turned out to be nothing. I can feel your relief from out here in AZ! Good luck with her eye surgery. Try not to fret too much. She will be just fine. Thanks for keeping us updated... Take care sweetie! Kisses to sweet sweet Daisy too :D!

Albea
08-30-2001, 12:46 PM
Dear Bridget:
Carina and I are very happy to hear that Daisy's bump was nothing more than a fatty cyst :D As I told you before, Carina has great experience in that area, having had several removed. Don't worry too much about the forthcoming surgery (I'm a good one to say that ;) ) You will be amazed at how quickly doggies recover, possibly because they don't feel sorry for themselves.
Many best wishes for a quick recovery go to Graham also.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 04:29 PM
Bridget, I was very relieved to hear Daisy did not have a malignent tumor, GOOD NEWS, I wanted to tell you that Ms Daisy had a cherry eye when she was just a puppy, I had never heard of it before and our Vet said it should be removed so we decided to go ahead.
We did have it removed and she did very well and he said there was a chance it would return but it never has, so think positive I'm sure Daisy will do fine.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
08-30-2001, 06:41 PM
Dear Bridget and Daisy! What great news!!!! I'm so relieved, as I'm sure you are, Bridget! Daisy, what a brave little girl you were. Big hugs and kisses to you precious. And I too am glad you'll be getting your eye boo-boo taken care of. Sleep well Daisy girl. Star sends lots of love your way.

And precious, precious Graham. Hold tight to your mommy. It will be all over before you know it! You make sure your mom lets us know how you're doing a.s.a.p!!! We love you sweet Graham.

Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Daisy's Mom
08-31-2001, 01:20 AM
Wow, you guys are amazing! I am just sitting here smiling because of all the wonderful people who care so much about me and my Daisy girl! Thank you all!

Leslie, I am sure everything will go smoothly for sweet Graham. Graham baby, don't you worry about a thing. It will all be over very quickly, and I bet when you get some you'll get spoiled evem more than usual :)

Jackie, what a coincidence that our Daisys both have/had cherry eyes! About a year ago I posted asking if anyone else's dogs had ever had one and no one said yes. I am very interested to hear that someone else has gone through this. Did Miss Daisy have it tacked down or removed? Our vet only removes them, because he says that way, there's no chance of it coming back. Did Daisy ever seem to notice any pain after the surgery? Did she need a bandage over the eye or something? Goodness, I sound so worried! It's because I am! I know everything will go well... I just hate the thought of surgery!

Thank you again, everyone. I love you all!

Love,
Bridget and Daisy

aly
08-31-2001, 01:53 AM
Try not to worry too much, Bridget. I've seen many dogs in the shelter have them removed and the surgery is actually quick and easy. I know Daisy will be just fine.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-31-2001, 07:21 AM
Good luck to Graham today. He'll be back in your arms before you know it, and he'll be lump- and wart-free!

AdoreMyDogs
08-31-2001, 08:09 AM
Bridget, I sympothise with you. I know it's not a major surgery but any surgery, big or small, is always scary. I don't remember anything about the cherry eye surgery, but I know it's common so it's hopefully quick and easy. I learned something kinda interesting on Animal Planet on a "Breed All About It" about Afgan Hounds...dogs can smell fear in our breaths, so when the owners/handlers are nervous at a show they chew mint gum to hide the fear in their breaths. Interesting. I don't normally chew gum, but I bought a pack and chewed a piece this morning as I took Graham for one last walkie before we headed to the vet. Then before I went into the vet I chewed a new piece, that way Graham would not be able to smell the fear/nervousness in my breath :) Thats maybe something that might help when you bring in Daisy to the vet.

There is one good about getting this surgery overwith today...I won't have to sleep with his stuffie and his blankie anymore :) I chose one blanket and one stuffie that I sent with him to have in his cage at the vet so he could have my smell on me and I rolled over onto that uncomfortable stuffie so many times, and every time it woke me up :) And the blankie I chose to send with him is small enough to fit in a cage and it is not a real special blankie so if he messes it up by getting sick, it's not a big loss...and the blankie is actually a throw blanket with the woven cords on it (not sure what the name for them is) and everytime one of the cords would rub up against my arm or leg while I was asleep I woke up franticlly thinking there was a huge bug crawling on me :) I surely won't miss sleeping with the blankie and stuffie :)

Pam
08-31-2001, 09:23 AM
Bridget somehow I missed this whole post too. I am really slipping! I'm glad that Daisy's cyst was just that and nothing more. My toy poodle, Pumpkin, had one on his tummy and it never grew so it was there for years.

Now we have more paw-wringing to do over Daisy's cherry eye. I'm also familiar with that as my toy poodle, Peaches, had that! As I recall she had to wear one of those collars afterwards (I forget the name of them right now) so she wouldn't scratch the area. It is pretty common, but I know when it is your baby there is nothing common about it! :) Fingers and paws are all crossed for Daisy for Sept. 10th!

Leslie, wow Graham is at the white coats now I guess. I certainly hope he will be just fine in no time at all. I loved the story of your sleeping on his things, especially thinking there was a bug in the bed! :D I am always rolling over on things in the night but it is usually an animal! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
08-31-2001, 09:30 AM
Bridget, They removed the cherry eye from Ms Daisy, they told me it could come back but like everything else the odds are probably against that. No I don't believe she had any pain, we put one of those megaphone things on her, she didn't like that too much but it kept her from scratching. It healed nicely and no problem. Her cherry eye came out all of a sudden, one day it was not there the next it was, don't know why. Your Daisy will just do fine I'm sure.
Graham you be a good boy and good luck on your surgery, I'm sure it will go well. I know your Mom will have the whole weekend to spoil you, so TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER.
Love and kisses to both our sweet girl Daisy and our handsome boy Graham.
Jackie

aly
08-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Good luck, Graham! Hugs, kisses, and well wishes to you from me and my crew :)

karen israel
08-31-2001, 10:40 AM
Me. too. back logged, and TERRIBLY sorry for being so late in answering. I guess it sounds like I don't care. Cody too, has fatty
lumps, so far, so good, but scary when you don't know what they are! I tell Cody he needs liposuction! :D Good that you have a wonderful trusting vet, it's worth the money when our babies are in good hands! I find pet insurance helps a lot. Cody and I send lots of get well soon wishes and know that everything will be AOK!! :D

Stenograsaurus
08-31-2001, 11:28 AM
I was getting all excited when I read this post. I thought I was going to be able to remove Daisy from the prayer request list. Not only do I have to keep her on until after her surgery but I also have to add Graham!!
Good luck to both of you. I'm looking forward to the time when special prayers are no longer needed for you guys!!

tatsxxx11
08-31-2001, 01:23 PM
Leslie, we are sitting on our paws waiting to hear about our precious Graham. All paws and fingers have been crossed here this morning. All I can see is his beautiful, proud grin as he cleared that hurdle!!! Graham, you hurry up and get well!! Blankie and stuffies make help your mom get through the night, but it's just not the same!! :)

RachelJ
08-31-2001, 03:49 PM
Hannah sends a sweet little kiss for Graham to help him feel better when he gets home.

zippy-kat
08-31-2001, 04:43 PM
Good Luck Mr. Graham!

Kisses to you!

Sudilar
08-31-2001, 05:22 PM
Graham, we're praying hard. Good luck!

Sue, Killian and Shiloh

Daisy's Mom
08-31-2001, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the cherry eye experience info, Pam and Jackie! You guys are calming me down :) I don't think Daisy will like wearing an Elizabethan collar! How long do they have to wear them for? Sorry I have so many questions. Thanks for puttig up with me!

Graham, we're waiting to hear how everything went! Kisses to you, sweetie! Leslie, I know you must be so worried! It's okay; I know everything will be just fine.

Sudilar
08-31-2001, 11:36 PM
Leslie, how is Graham??? We're thinking about him.

tatsxxx11
09-01-2001, 06:45 AM
Graham, Graham...Please let us know you're OK boy. Leslie, we want to know that you're OK too! All of us here send you tons of get well kisses sweet boy. We love you Graham, Sandra, Star and Cody

AdoreMyDogs
09-01-2001, 09:12 AM
Hi you wonderful, wonderful people. Graham has a belly ache from the ansthetsia but other then that he's OK. He has stitches in 3 areas...one on his neck, preventing him from wearing his collar, one on his armpit, preventing him from wearing his harness, and on the back of his leg. He looks pretty bad, but he'll get better. The worst part is his belly ache and diahhrea :( If it does not clear up today then I'll call the vet and maybe they'll perscribe some anti-diahhera.

Graham has a high pain tolerance and I can't remember the last time he actually cried in pain, but when I picked him up last night he was crying non-stop. It's from the fear I am sure, but it made me cry. He is just moaping today but I am sure he'll be feeling better soon.

I am writing from my mother's house right now, and I came over so we could go to the farmers market together so I must go. I still don't have a computer at my house so forgive me if I don't respond until Tuesday when I am back at work. I love you all. Thank you for the kind words. Have a wonderful weekend. I'll give Graham one kiss for every one of you dear people.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-01-2001, 10:12 AM
Leslie, thank goodness Graham is doing well and it's over. He has the best Mom ever and now it's recovery time. I know you will shower him with kisses, love and many great treats to make him feel better. Poor thing he must have been so afraid. It's only a matter of time before he will be jumping over that fence again. Hugs and Kisses from Daisy, Perry and me.
Jackie

aly
09-01-2001, 12:51 PM
The worst is over and its uphill from here. So glad you're doing okay, Graham. I hope you feel better and better each minute that goes by.

Sudilar
09-01-2001, 01:54 PM
So glad that Graham is home and recovering. Take it easy and we'll be praying for you (Leslie, too)!!

Albea
09-01-2001, 02:03 PM
Leslie, I'm so glad to read that Graham is back home. Hope he's feeling better today and got over the side effects of the anesthesia. Give him a big hug from us.

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2001, 05:11 PM
Hey Graham ~

Here's TWO more *schlurrrpie kisses* from SmokeMan an Me; a big {{Hugg}} from Dad; anna friendly *bop* onna nosebone fromma Kat! :D

zippy-kat
09-01-2001, 05:20 PM
So glad to hear everything went well!

Graham, be the good boy that we all know you are and you'll be better very soon! Your momma will take the very best care of her baby! Soak it all in!

KYS
09-01-2001, 05:26 PM
Glad Graham is home safe.
Wishing him a safe and quick recovery.
Lots of hugs and kisses too.

Logan
09-01-2001, 06:35 PM
Leslie, did your Pet Talk buddies put enough pressure on you to respond? LOL! We all have been worried about our sick friends like they are our own! Never in my life have I experienced such a close knit group. I am so glad to hear that Graham is ok, even if his tummy is a little queasy. Bless his heart, he'll be jumping through his agility hoops in no time!

And Daisy, tell your Mommy that she can think of your little bump as a beauty spot, and she will always be able to recognize you by that! :D

I think you are all wonderful people, and I am especially glad to hear that some of our "sick" ones are feeling better!

Happy Labor Day!

Logan

tatsxxx11
09-02-2001, 09:17 AM
Dear Graham...How happy we are to know you are safe and sound at home with Mom!!!! The thought of you crying made me cry too. But I know your mama will dry your tears and make it all better. I hope your poor little belly feels well real soon! And all those little zippers heal quickly. We love you so Graham. And your wonderful mama too! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Daisy's Mom
09-02-2001, 10:40 AM
Graham I am very glad that everything went well! Sorry about the tummy trouble, sweetie, but I am sure that will get better really soon and you will be back to your wonderful, beautiful self!

Logan, good idea about the beauty mark ;)

RachelJ
09-02-2001, 02:33 PM
Everyone is this house was a little agitated last night thinking of our sweet Graham being in pain. We hope that he is doing much better today. Hope he's got his appetite back so he can down all the nutritional supplements and good food his mommy fixes for him. Come on Graham, remember you gots to be a *good healer* as well as a *good heeler*!

tatsxxx11
09-03-2001, 04:30 PM
Star here, checkin in on the Graham man. Are you feelin better Graham?? We been thinkin bout you all day. Hope your tummy's lots better and yer eatin all that good stuff. You need to get yer strength back! And no lickin them zippers! We love you Graham. Let us know how yer doin, OK??

Love, Star and Cody, your pals.

Daisy's Mom
09-09-2001, 07:13 PM
Hey everyone, just an update...

Daisy goes in for surgery tomorrow morning. I am sooo nervous. I think even she knows that something is up, because she is moping around. Maybe, though, that's just because we aren't allowed to give her anything to eat tonight ;) Anyway, I just need a few quick prayers that everything goes okay with her surgery... she is my baby, after all! Thanks.

aly
09-09-2001, 08:03 PM
I will be praying for Daisy. Try not to worry yourself to death while you're at school. What time do you get to pick her up? I can't wait until she's home safe and on the road to a speedy recovery :)

Good luck sweet Daisy!

lizbud
09-09-2001, 08:11 PM
Daisy's Mom,
Just a note to tell you that Daisy is still
in my prayers!!Try to 'Think Positive' thoughts tonight.As you said ,our furkids do
'pick up' on our feelings and you'll be making Daisy feel calmer too. I know how
scary this time can .Please know that Daisy
will be getting many,many prayers and good
wishes for tomorrow's surgery...
Wishing You Both 'All The Best' Bud & Liz.

KYS
09-09-2001, 09:03 PM
I'll be thinking of your precious
Daisy that her surgery goes
well.
Good thoughts and well wishes Daisy.

Sudilar
09-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Daisy, I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow and that you'll be as good as new in no time!!! Our prayers are with you! Keep us posted.

Logan
09-10-2001, 10:36 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Daisy! And Bridget too! I'll bet you will be fine, Miss Daisy, and that nasty "cherry" on your eye will be all gone! :D

We'll be thinking of you and praying....hope your mom will update us quickly!

Daisy's Mom
09-11-2001, 07:29 PM
Her surgery was yesterday and I am extremely happy to say that it went great! I worried myself sick all day. My mom dropped her at 9 AM. Poor Daze was nervous - she hates the vets - and Mom had tears in her eyes as she left. We then had to wait to get her until 4. When we got there, they brought her right out, and I started crying. Her eye was blood-red and she had dried blood between her eyes. She had a bandage on her little stubby leg where her IV had been, and she was still a little woozy from the anesthesia, so she kept stumbling. I scooped her up and gave her tons of kisses. All day she just laid around and slept. I cleaned her up and hand-fed her some rice and chicken and spoiled her rotten. She was still asleep when I got up this morning for school, but when I got home, she was back to her old self again! Her eye looks great!! You'd hardly know she just had surgery. Under here eye, the skin is a little red, but other than that, she is looks absolutely perfect! Thank you for all your prayers - they helped! Daisy thanks you too, and expect a lot more pictures of a beautiful cherry-eye-less Basset Hound!

Sudilar
09-11-2001, 09:22 PM
Wonderful news!!!! So glad Daisy is doing so well!

Stenograsaurus
09-12-2001, 09:46 AM
So glad Daisy is okay. One more off the prayer list. I like that.

RachelJ
09-12-2001, 11:30 AM
I am so glad to hear Daisy's surgery went well and that she is recouping rapidly. Sigh of relief! She will probably appreciate how much better her eye will feel now.

AdoreMyDogs
09-12-2001, 11:36 AM
Yeah for Daisy :) I am so glad she looks good still, too. Does she have to wear a satalite dish?

Albea
09-12-2001, 11:38 AM
That's a great piece of news! Love to you and Daisy from Alicia and Carina :)

tatsxxx11
09-12-2001, 12:00 PM
Wonderful, wonderful news Bridget!! Wasn't Daisy girl the trooper! I'll bet she was thrilled to see her loving mom. With a little TLC and lots of kisses I'm sure she'll be as good as new in no time! Please, give her a huge hug and kiss from me. And of course, Star was worried sick until she heard the good news. Lots of love to you and beautiful Daisy girl from her pals Sandra, Star and Cody! We love you guys!

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

KYS
09-12-2001, 05:32 PM
Wonderful news that Daisy's
surgery went well.
Sending lots of well wishes for her.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-12-2001, 05:58 PM
I'm so glad that Daisy's surgery went well.
She is our little cuddle baby and we are so happy. Bridget give her lots of kisses and hugs from Perry and Miss Daisy and me

Daisy's Mom
09-12-2001, 09:29 PM
Thanks for your concerns, everyone!

No, she didn't need an E-collar. I was happy! The vet said she hadn't scratched at it so a collar wasn't needed.

Today she looks 95% all better! Still a little under-eye redness, but she gets better every day. I am so happy!