PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine

Pam
10-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Just curious as to what anyone thinks about David Blaine, the magician, who is now suspended up in a clear box in England going without food for 44 days as his current "stunt." For those of you in the UK especially, how is he being received there? Here is an article which describes a little of what is going on.

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=peopleNews&storyID=3553687

Kfamr
10-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Couldn't give a diddly squat about him. :p

mugsy
10-03-2003, 07:23 PM
I think some people have way too much time on their hands. Amazing what people will protest. ;)

ChrisH
10-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Pam
For those of you in the UK especially, how is he being received there?
Pam, despite the number of people who go to see him etc, I still suspect there is total disinterest taken in him and what he is doing by most people, especially those who live outside of the capital.:) Speaking for myself, I think it is a totally pointless thing to do, but whatever lights your, or should I say his, candle! :D
Here is one of the articles about it/him from the BBC website.
US bemused by Blaine-baiters. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/3133156.stm)

:D
Chris

G.P.girl
10-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Couldn't give a diddly squat about him. :p

:D :D :D

Rio and Me
10-08-2003, 09:29 AM
He's not at all entertaining!
There is no point to his "stunt" the little money he will raise will be spent on himself to get well again as he will sertainly be near death!!!!
stupid man!!!!

luckies4me
10-08-2003, 11:51 AM
I LOVE him! I think he is one of the coolest magicians ever! I love watching him in TLC. :D

Although, I wouldn't go see someone starving themselves, that is just pointless. But you know men....:rolleyes:

Rio and Me
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Well some brits are so mean!!
some people go there and tease him with food and drink etc!!!
i think that is going a little far!!!

Logan
10-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I read an article today that he is now down and in the hospital, training his body to accept food again. I think this was a nutty, silly thing to do. Why would he???

lynnestankard
10-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Logan
................I think this was a nutty, silly thing to do. Why would he???

Precisley Logan! My thoughts too.
He's had a rough time here and I just wonder why he didn't do it in the USA?
I just have no interest in him whatsoever.

Lynne

micki76
10-20-2003, 12:41 PM
* snorts *
What a moron.

dukedogsmom
10-20-2003, 01:25 PM
................I think this was a nutty, silly thing to do. Why would he???

One word, MONEY. Or maybe two, publicity, also. I think it was pretty stupid, myself.

popcornbird
10-20-2003, 03:17 PM
I think he's the stupid guy on the planet. :rolleyes: How DUMB! :rolleyes::rolleyes: What does he gain from killing himself like this? He's not normal. Not a normal person at all. Perhaps he isn't even a person. :p He's wierd. LOL

2kitties
10-20-2003, 03:26 PM
my hope is that his antics don't influence children to pull stunts like that which can be deadly.

I suppose I just don't understand what his "statement" was supposed to be.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I LOVE him! I think he is one of the coolest magicians ever! I love watching him in TLC. :D

AGREED!!!! I love David Blaine. He is so cool.

You guys are HARSH!! LOL

popcornbird
10-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
AGREED!!!! I love David Blaine. He is so cool.

You guys are HARSH!! LOL

Cool? *cough cough* Cool? :eek::eek: The guy's practically killing himself! He's nuts!

Even look at the CNN poll. The majority who voted thinks he's nuts.....and he is. :p No sane person would harm themselves like that, in my honest opinion.

http://www.cnn.com/POLLSERVER/results/6674.content.html

Uabassoon
10-20-2003, 06:53 PM
I think he's a little nutty. I don't really even understand why he calls himself a magiacians, he's not really doing magic. He just does really crazy/stupid stunts.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-20-2003, 09:51 PM
He is cool. Just cuz he's doing something WE don't think is "sane" or "human" doesn't mean he's a lunatic. Have you seen some of this stuff this guy can do? It's talent. Talent lets him stay in a box for 44 days with only water. Not a matter of his "sanity". I seriously think we are being a little harsh.

PepperRSM
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
I heard on the radio that for his latest stunt, his business people, idk managers or something, had to PAY people to go watch his stunt and cheer for him lol They were PAYED to go cheer and support him lol Sorry but if that's not pathetic...idk know what is.
And I also heard that he's not doing this for charity or anything, he just wants to get the attention I guess....publicity. Anyway, I don't really like him, I think his stunts are kinda pointless....but I guess some people like him and that's fine.

curiosityrats
10-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I think he's a little nutty. I don't really even understand why he calls himself a magiacians, he's not really doing magic. He just does really crazy/stupid stunts.

Yeah... Do whatever he likes, but it isn't any kind of magic. It's a stunt but not a magic trick.

Yeah, I know, he's an entertainer and magicians are entertainers, but he's not a magician. At least not in this case and marginally in others...

G.P.girl
10-24-2003, 10:50 PM
i think it is just a stupid stunt to get attention. it's so annoying what people do to get noticed. it's kind of sad actually that they resort to hurting them selfs and other people think it is cool. people today........:)

Killearn Kitties
10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
I'd be interested in how the story of his latest stunt looked from where you are Pam.

I did not follow this story myself, but inevitably I heard bits of it from time to time. I would say that at best the stunt was treated here with apathy or suspicion, at worst hostility. For all the publicity it got, I wouldn't say it caught the public imagination. The most common response here was "WHY?"

Interestingly though, we were always being told through the media that this "artist" is phenomenally popular in the States and there was a high level of anger at the fact that he wasn't going down well here (people shouting abuse, throwing hot dogs etc at him). From this thread, it wouldn't appear that this is necessarily accurate.

What do you think?

Logan
10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Just some insight from the good old USA......I had never heard of this guy before this stunt!!!!

popcornbird
10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Just some insight from the good old USA......I had never heard of this guy before this stunt!!!!

Me neither!

2kitties
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
The only thing I knew about him was that he was a close friend of Michael Jackson. What does that say about him!:eek:

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2003, 06:04 AM
originally quoted by Logan
:D That is so funny!! Honestly, they would have us believe he was the most famous and popular thing since Mickey Mouse.:D

PayItForward
10-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
He is cool. Just cuz he's doing something WE don't think is "sane" or "human" doesn't mean he's a lunatic. Have you seen some of this stuff this guy can do? It's talent. Talent lets him stay in a box for 44 days with only water. Not a matter of his "sanity". I seriously think we are being a little harsh.
Anyone could sit in a box and starve, we might not all survive but we could do it.

No talent required.

But real people all over the world are forced stay in small spaces and/or starve, for him to do this to himself for money, is insulting to those who suffer human right abuses daily.