PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing cat question?

cubby31682
10-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Well last night I was sitting on the couch, Cubby came up and was laying/ leaning up against me. As I was petting him I heard this loud noise that sounded like a fart. Cubby looked up at me with a look of suprise, his look was priceless. So I lifted up his tail to see if maybe he had a loud accident or something. Nothing was there, so I figured maybe it was something else around the house making some noise. About 10 minutes later he FARTED again. Or at least that's what I think it was. Again he had a look of suprise, again I checked his tail and his bottom and nothing was there. Today he has been going potty normaly and eating, drinking. The only thing I can think of is that he did get into some of my husband's chili last night. It wasn't very much at all. As soon as I noticed him eating it I took it away.

Could it have been the chili that did this to him. From the time he ate the chili until the time he farted on me the chili would have been in him for about 5 or 6 hours.

Is it normal for cats to fart? And if so is it normal to be that loud? :confused:

If he wasn't laying on me/ leaning on me I would have got up to get my camera and took a picture of his priceless look on his face. But he kept purring after the first and second time. He has had anal gland problems in the past so I figured maybe one of them drained. But I would have smelled that and seen it. But he hasn't been showing sign of having a problem with his anal glands again. So I'm confused.

Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading this. And thanks in advance for the replys.
Katie

PayItForward
10-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Well better to be loud than silent & Deadly.... ;)

Just before I read your post, Steve was running from one sleeping cat to the next trying to decide the source of the smell.

Cats Fart. :D

slick
10-03-2003, 05:44 PM
:D :D :D :D So sorry, but I'm dying with laughter. Ahem, are you speaking of "flatulence"?? Yes, Max has cleared a room before when I gave him some cheese. Fortunately he does not get it often now. In fact his, ahem, wind, smells worse than my feet at the end of the day :eek: :eek:

You know, this thread could take some twists and turns.

cubby31682
10-03-2003, 05:48 PM
I know. I told my husband about it today he and I both got a very good laugh out of it. I figured cats did fart but I never thought it would be that loud. Lol. If he's happy passing his dirty air well that's fine but maybe next time he should get off my lap if it's going to be that loud to the point where it is loud enough to make you look to make sure nothing else passed with his nice smelly air.

K & L
10-03-2003, 07:08 PM
OMG! I can't quit laughing!!!! Yes, they fart and yes they'll smell! Thank you for the best laugh I've had today!

momofcats
10-03-2003, 09:20 PM
LOL:D :D :D
Don't let their little innocent faces fool you....they can clear a room with those deadly farts.
Mine like to do it and then walk out of the room.:rolleyes: :D

ScantyNebula
10-03-2003, 09:56 PM
ROFL!! I guess Toby has the Silent but Deadly ones ... all will be fine, then all of a sudden this horrible stench comes across your nose - and you know right away it was Toby!! I haven't heard any farts from them, I sure smell them from Tob every now and then - but Lily is too lady-like to partake in his flatulence games. Remember "Girls don't fart" :o :rolleyes:

K & L
10-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
ROFL!! "Girls don't fart" :o :rolleyes:

They fluff!

carole
10-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Yes I sure can vouch for that as well, we had a farting thread a while back, you must have missed it.

My little girl Lexie is a right little stinker, she always look up with the most innocent face, who me?

Actually she has got a lot better recently, thank goodness, Ash my old guy, don't think I have ever heard him, lexie is the silent but violent variety.
'

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Hmmmmm....

A certain cat in my house (who shall remain nameless as I am SURE she logs on whilst I am at work to check what I am saying about her) has been known to produce some EXTREMELY noxious smells.

The best part is, when the smell wafts up to her head, she gets up, looks at ME in disgust, and leaves the room....... like it's ME!!!!

10-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
The best part is, when the smell wafts up to her head, she gets up, looks at ME in disgust, and leaves the room....... like it's ME!!!!

OMG, I need help here, i am choking..... LOLOLOL!!!!

catmandu
10-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Moose passed wind one time , one of the rare occasions that I had company! PU! And someone said that the Cat was like me , only smaller and furrier! And one time my Michael was staring at someone while they were eating! when asked why , I said that the person was using Michaels dish, and that he was a little sore about it! It got a laugh , but the Lady to whom I made the remark , was not happy about it! No sense of Humor!

carole
10-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Gary your story had me in fits, I can just imagine the scene, both of them too funny lol lol.....:D

RedHedd
10-05-2003, 11:16 AM
:D I'm cracking up here. We've had a fart thread before ..... When I first got Mitzi she would do the "silent but deadly" type. Now that she's on a good diet it doesn't happen anymore -- Whew!

isis
10-05-2003, 11:39 AM
LOL!!!!Yea,they do.Emma does it alot.My kitties don't though.That's a really funny question.Thanks for asking!!You've britended my day up!:D

BastetsMum
10-05-2003, 04:07 PM
I am laughing so hard I am in tears. I certainly wouldn't call the *loud but proud* ones Bastet does as Fluffs! My little sister says she *bottom burps* instead :D

feeling frisky
10-05-2003, 04:17 PM
OMG!!!! I need a box of klenex I'm laughing so hard. My Chloe had Gases until we changed her diet.I had a hard time figuring out who it was my husband or Chloe. On Sundays the two of them would be in the basement watching football and you think that there was a football team in the basement!!!!

feeling frisky
10-05-2003, 04:29 PM
OMG!!!! I need a box of klenex I'm laughing so hard. My Chloe had Gases until we changed her diet.I had a hard time figuring out who it was my husband or Chloe. On Sundays the two of them would be in the basement watching football and you think that there was a football team in the basement!!!!:eek: ::D :eek:

IttyBittyKitty
10-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by cubby31682
I know. I told my husband about it today he and I both got a very good laugh out of it. I figured cats did fart but I never thought it would be that loud. Lol. If he's happy passing his dirty air well that's fine but maybe next time he should get off my lap if it's going to be that loud to the point where it is loud enough to make you look to make sure nothing else passed with his nice smelly air.

Cats do fart (trust me I know) but usually it doesn't make a noise ... so when it does, the poor cat sits there going "what? Did that come from me? Oh my, I'm soooooooo embarrassed!"

Miss Meow
10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Jasmine's pet name used to be Nagasaki as she used to drop the worst stinkers :eek: Now Tabasco has taken over the title of stinkiest butt in our house ;)

musicmaker
10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
i haven't noticed my cats do it yet,but that don't mean they haven't. they may have done it,and i may have thought it was me.lol.....now my buttermilk,when she is at the litterbox,you can smell in the next room.(WOW)!!!!!!! and i guess only us cat lovers arent scared to eat out of the cats bowl....o well..musicmaker

babolaypo65
10-05-2003, 09:57 PM
I've never noticed clive fart, thank goodness, but the dog sure does. My favorite is when he's asleep and lets out a bomb that wakes him up and scares him. He jumps up, looks around all nervous and scared... :p

batgirl1980
10-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh my! ROFL
I need a tissue! *wipes eyes dry* this is hilarious!
Mine do the silent but deadlies, however ONE day Mozart was sitting there peacefully, and all of sudden we all heard a "PHHHHHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT!" :eek: :eek: Mozart looked just like that too!, he got up, turned around, and sniffed his bottom, to make sure there was nothing there I guess!
I think he really thought something had come OUT! :eek:

My husband and I were rolling on the floor we were laughing so hard at the fact he was so loud and then his reaction to it!