PDA

View Full Version : Please pray my friends cat!

primabella
10-03-2003, 03:44 PM
This is my first time actually posting on the cat side (hello hello ;)) but I am looking for some help.

About 3 years ago, during the winter my sisters' friend found a little kitten abandoned, beaten and nearly frozen outside. She took him in and named him Snow. He has grown to be quite a charactar as I have heard although his first few months at her house were hard. She said he would often have nightmares and twitch in his sleep. He also had some health problems but he got better.

Yesterday I found out that sweet little Snow is sick. She told us that there is apparently an AIDS for cats and he has this. (I have never heard of this AIDS, I am just saying what she told us.) Things aren't looking good for him and my friend is very worried. I have heard a few stories about him and he is a very affectionate and playful little kitty. I hate for this to happen to him. Last I heard he was still at the vets and had spent the night.

I would really appreciate it if you all could send some prayers or some positive thoughts Snow's way. Thank you. :)

jazzcat
10-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the cat side but I wished it was for happier news.

I will keep little Snow in my prayers. Unfortunately there is a Feline Aids. If she has always kept him indoors and he hasn't been exposed to other cats then he already had it when she found him. I hope she doesn't have other cats that may have been exposed.

Poor little guy, at least she has made him happy, comfortable and loved for the past three years. Bless her for that!!

primabella
10-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes I wish I had better "news". :(

She does have another cat. Do you think Snow could have passed it on? :( I'll let her know to get him checked out too.

Snow was kept indoors after he was found. Thank you for your prayers. :)

slick
10-03-2003, 04:20 PM
From what I understand, feline AIDS gets passed on through saliva from bites or the blood. I have a friend with a cat named Mojo who has contracted AIDS from another street kitty. Don't know if there is meds for that but I would definitely get the other kitty looked at.

Sorry your first Cat post has to be a sad one. Prayers on the way.

PayItForward
10-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Sadly we had to have our nearly cat Caramel PTS. He did have AIDS but he also had severe teeth problems and tumors.

If it was just AIDS, we would have got him rehomed, as some people house positive colonies of AIDS cats.

The virsus is passed between cats via blood or salvia, usually mating or fighting, or in rarer cases by sharing food bowls.

She needs to seperate her cats and test everyone and then have a think about what to do, depending on the results.

Sending prayers and postive thoughts to your friend.

catmandu
10-04-2003, 09:42 AM
We are so soory to hear about Snow! prayers and Best wishes are coming to you from the Lost cats hotel cats and myself! Please snow get Better!

ChrisH
10-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Poor Snow.:( Sending prayers and positive thoughts his way. Please keep us updated on how he is getting on.

chris

primabella
10-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Thank you very much guys. :) I will try to keep you updated on this. I told my sister to call her friends so she would know to separate her two cats or get the other checked out as well.

Thank you for all your help.

PayItForward - I'm so sorry about Caramel.

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends kitty. Kitties with AIDS can still live a happy life, I've met a few that have lived a good life. Hopefully Snow feels better soon and will have a few more years of being a silly little character. I would also recommend that she get the other cat tested because it can be transfered.

primabella
10-04-2003, 07:02 PM
I guess that is good news, about them surviving it. Thanks Laura. :)

primabella
10-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Sorry to bump this thread up but I have an update. :)

I spoke to my sister's friend and she told me that Snow tested negative for AIDS! :) She also got her other cat tested out and he also tested negative! Snow is apparently still not well but I don't think it is anything serious.

Thank you all for your prayers! :D

ChrisH
10-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Oh, Liana, thanks for the update, that is great news!! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Hope Snow is feeling better really soon!

primabella
10-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Me too. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2003, 11:31 PM
I just saw this thread and I'm so glad to hear that Snow doesn't have AIDS. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for a quick and complete recovery for Snow.

primabella
10-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Just another quick update - my sisters friend told me that, and I quote ;), Snow is alive and kicking. Good news. :) Thanks guys.

slick
10-14-2003, 07:34 PM
That's great news. Got any pictures of Snow or did I miss them on another thread??

Cataholic
10-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Am I so glad I just read this thread now! I went from sadness to happy in 4.5 posts! Great news, Prima!

primabella
10-14-2003, 09:00 PM
No Slick I never posted any pictures and I don't think I'll ever be able to see Snow. She lives really far away. but if, by chance, we happen to pass by I'll bring my camera! :D

I know Jo, I am really relieved. :)