PDA

View Full Version : Look what showed up at my house!

Tonya
10-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Look at this pretty girl! She has a collar on, so she must be owned by someone. I am going to put signs up. She looks to be about a year old, but she is really petite. What breed do you think she is? She looks like Roxy quite a bit, but she is so small. She has one brown and one blue eye.

Tonya
10-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Dusty, Roxy, and the house guest.

Tonya
10-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Her and Roxy.

Dawn
10-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Looks like a husky to me!
She's beautiful - and typical husky to be wandering loose-I bet someone is going nuts right now-wondering where she is!

spunkadelic
10-03-2003, 03:47 PM
She looks like a Malamute (sp?) Very cute. Good luck finding her mommy and daddy ;D

Glacier
10-03-2003, 03:49 PM
She's a siberian husky and in true husky form, she's probably staged an escape! Good luck finding her owners.

joycenalex
10-03-2003, 04:20 PM
try calling some of the local vets to see if anyone reported a missing pup. does your vet have a chip checker to look for a microchip? sibs can go quite aways if the fancy strikes, a neighbors bolted during a storm 2 years ago, and she was found 15 miles away from home. good luck, she's a pretty one

Tonya
10-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Duh! Why didn't I think about a microchip. hehe. I'm such an airhead. I'm going to take her to the vet right now. Thanks!

Twisterdog
10-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Cute doggie, looks like one of my sister's dogs. It is a Siberian Husky.

stacwase
10-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Looks like a husky to me too. She's a perfect match for your Roxy! If you can't find her owner are you going to keep her?

tatsxxx11
10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
What a sweetie!!:) Sure looks like Husky to me; the "great escape" is another give-a-way!;) I hope she's reunited with her family soon! Thanks to you for helping her!!:)

Tonya
10-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I took her to the vet, she's healthy but has no microchip. Then, I took her home and put her in the dog run which is extremly secure. I got home from the store and she's out in my backyard! Freakin' huskies. hehe. They are such escape artists. I have no idea how she got out unless she scaled the 8 foot fence. I cannot keep her for more then a week or two, I have to many animals already. My mom and two of my friends are already fighting over her. Everyone's hoping that we don't find the owners. She is a very well behaved dog.

mugsy
10-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I would say that you should put a found report in the newspapers and call Animal Control and put a found report in too. I know whenever we found dogs that's what we did and we also called the vets in the area and put found reports in. I hope she finds her home, but, glad she has a place to go if no one steps forward. I will say, however, is that she looks like she is too well taken care of to NOT have someone looking for her.

Let us know!!

Tonya
10-04-2003, 02:22 PM
No luck so far. I have signs up everywhere, called all the vets, and am going to run an ad in the paper. I also checked, she isn't microchipped. They can't put the ad in until Tuesday. I gave her a bath and not a single flea came out. You can tell she is well taken care of and gets plenty of attention.

stacwase
10-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Have you found her owner yet?

Tonya
10-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Yes, I did. Here's the link: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35423