PDA

View Full Version : paint

jac
07-01-2000, 07:15 PM
Barney is 8 mo.old, mother was a brown/white hound father??- he licks the walls of our house & chews into them. Any ideas? ? needs some type of vit. The vet says its a stage.

snoopklt
07-09-2000, 11:11 PM
Please get a second opinion,always try too rule out any health problem. Sounds like the Vet may be too lazy too bother. Of course your dog may just like too chew on wood.Give him something to chew that he can digest when he starts on the walls.I.m chuckling @ the thought of him knawing on the walls. Maybe he's trying too tell you that you have Termites!

------------------
snoop

JKRJG24
07-10-2000, 10:04 AM
My neighbors golden retreivers do that to but they also claw at it. He has huge holes in his walls! I don't know what to do eaither!

[This message has been edited by JKRJG24 (edited July 10, 2000).]

Aussieowner
07-27-2000, 08:55 PM
My Aussie Shepherds chewed the walls, furniture, countless plants and nearly everything else that wasn't nailed down. The icky stories I could tell you of coming home from a hard day at work and praying the yard was not destroyed. At 8 months, I would dare to say it's the age of the puppy. You can buy puppy vitamins that work well, but unfortunately, I would resign myself to the fact that things will be chewed up for a while around your house.

lhg0962
08-07-2000, 10:39 PM
I think this problem with eating paint has to do with age. My golden retreiver puppy did the same thing in two different rooms of my house. She literally scraped the paint off the wall with her teeth. I can't imagine what made her choose the spots she did. She is a little over a year old now and has stopped this practice.
By the way, sheetrock mud is wonderful for filling in those grooves she created. Just apply a thin coat. One of my friends who helped me repair corners of cabinets in the kitchen that were also chewed said that the dogs won't like the taste of the "mud" anyway, so if they try again, they'll probably decide to do something else instead. If I could only keep my shoes from being eaten! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/rolleyes.gif