PDA

View Full Version : Spike

K & L
10-02-2003, 09:29 PM
We took Spike back for his 3 week follow-up and results weren't very good. Spikes mouth is still red & swollen and not healing like the vet thought or wanted it to. He gave Spike a shot of Perdisone for inflammation and a shot of antibiotic. Then he put Spike on an anitibiotic that we will apply in the ear in a cream form. It's more expensive, but Spike it next to impossible to pill or give liquid form. This is a fairly new way of medicating and is systematic. It will be worth the extra cost. We feel with as difficult as Spike is, this may be the reason he hasn't healed as well. Most of the medicine went flying everytime we administered it. Hopefully this new way to medicate will help!

Lorraine
10-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Get well Spike! Be a good kitty, and leave your medicine alone, so it will do it's job! I hope this new medicine works well for you.
Sammy and Romeo send you headbumpies!

jenluckenbach
10-03-2003, 04:32 AM
SPIKE ! Don't you know that you can't get better if you don't take your medicine!?! I sure hope the ear cream works for you.

Samantha Puppy
10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Hope you start feeling better soon Spike!!

(This thread threw me for a loops as my username at another forum I frequent is "Spike"! I thought someone was addressing me at first!! LOL)

catmandu
10-03-2003, 09:32 AM
We at the Lost Cat Hotel , send our Prayers for our friend Spike and hope you are feeling well soon!

ramanth
10-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Take the meds Spike! :) You need to get better fast!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Poor Spikey!! Take your meds and we hope you will feel better soon!

K & L
10-04-2003, 07:42 AM
This med thing is kind of cool, but expensive. $80 for a tube!!! Anyway, the vet calls a specific pharmacy to place the order. Then the pharmacy calls us, gets our form of payment, and delivers it to your doorstep!!! I'm just hoping this works. They supply a little rubber tip for your finger (something like a condem) and you apply just inside the ear right below the tip. Amazing what modern medicine can do! Let's just hope the antibiotics works on him. I'm really thinking he didn't heal properly since all his meds weren't getting in him. He's such the difficult one. You can tell by just looking at the face!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p946b57570a2bdef10240727b5dc3fa25/fc3cc836.jpg