PDA

View Full Version : A new stray

ScantyNebula
10-02-2003, 07:56 PM
I've started to feed a cute little stray that comes around our house - he's been waiting for me when I get off work everyday this week now :) We have called him Frodo :D Poor thing isn't neutured ... I really wish I could help - If only it was cheaper to neuter around here :(

here's Mr.Frodo :)

http://www.nebulaart.com/October/october2_1.jpg

http://www.nebulaart.com/October/october2_2.jpg

http://www.nebulaart.com/October/october2_3.jpg

He has a little scratch on his nose .. must get into fights with the other strays :(

Nomilynn
10-02-2003, 08:06 PM
awww he's so cute !! Are there any tnr type programs in your area? Sometimes, vets will make special allowances for a sob story ;) I would call around and see what you can find! :)

good luck! :)

Soledad
10-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Agreed. You should make some calls and see if anyone's willing to do a pro-bono for Frodo. ;) :p

ScantyNebula
10-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Hmm...that sounds like a good idea - I guess I need to know if he really is a stray first of all - he seems like one - he's always craving attention and always hungry when he's around and his fur is so coarse ... he doesn't seem like he has an owner but on our street you never know .... :rolleyes:

neko1
10-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Awww he's really cute and has such interesting markings around his nose:)

Lorraine
10-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Frodo sure looks like a real sweetie! I wish you luck on finding a vet that might neuter him for free. I wish vets would do things like that. At least these poor strays have caring people that worry for their well being, and neutering/ spaying them sure would help with the over population of homeless cats.

Steffi N
10-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Johanna, I hope you find a vet willing to help Frodo. Please give him (Frodo, not the vet :D ) a belly rub from me.

Samantha Puppy
10-03-2003, 09:02 AM
That is a beautiful cat! I wish I were closer, I would take him in...

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
He's gorgeous! And he looks so comfortable with you--I wonder if he'll be a "stray" for long. :)

catmandu
10-03-2003, 09:31 AM
My Dear mother , bless her memory , always told me that it never hurts to ask! All they can say son , is NO! So maybe you can get a Vet on a slow day , and they will cut the cost. Because all they can say is no.

ramanth
10-03-2003, 09:45 AM
AWWW! Mr Frodo.. you are has cute as any Hobbit. :D

ScantyNebula
10-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
He's gorgeous! And he looks so comfortable with you--I wonder if he'll be a "stray" for long. :)

Hah I know what you're implying here - but unfortnately it can't happen - we don't have the money OR the space to keep a new cat :rolleyes:

I will see what I can do for this little guy tho

PayItForward
10-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
Hmm...that sounds like a good idea - I guess I need to know if he really is a stray first of all - he seems like one - he's always craving attention and always hungry when he's around and his fur is so coarse ... he doesn't seem like he has an owner but on our street you never know .... :rolleyes:

He doesn't have a real owner as he is un-neutered and always hungry. Someone might think this is their cat but I doubt it. You have to actually do something in order to own a cat.

If you KNEW he had owners that would be one thing but if you find a cheap/free vets I would go for it. i.e. Neutering / rehoming.

Good Luck :D

Russian Blue
10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Here's a list of vets for the St. John's area:

Vets (http://www.spcashelter.nf.ca/local_vet_services.asp)

If you don't have luck with them offering low cost spay, try talking with a local feline resuce group. They may have a multi-spay discount with a specific vet that you can use.

;)

ScantyNebula
10-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks for that link!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-04-2003, 05:49 AM
He is adorable!! Hope he finds a good home!

Cataholic
10-04-2003, 02:13 PM
I just love his eraser nose!

Uabassoon
10-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Frodo is so cute! Good luck with finding him a vet, just know that it is possible. When I found a stray I called Little Grey I called around and a no kill shelter gave me a free certificate to pay for her to get spayed.

isis
10-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Aaawww!!He's so cute!!!I can't beleive that he lets you get that close to him!!I'm not alound to feed the strays.:( I lived next to this house that had all of these cats everywhere!!They wern't fixed either so they just cept on comeing!!:eek: :eek:

ScantyNebula
10-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Well - bad news - I found out that Frodo does have an owner - just OBVIOUSLY not a good one!! :mad: They just let him go home when he pleases, and roam around all the same - they are on welfare so I'm assuming they're not going to spend money on getting him done. People like that shouldn't have cats. :(

I think the reason he comes to us is for attention. And I'll give him as much as he wants (and of course a little food).

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2003, 12:42 AM
He's adorable. :) I'm sorry to hear that his owners don't seem to care about him.:(

HayleyRosie
10-07-2003, 05:38 AM
So sorry to hear about Frodo's owners. At least he has you to give him the attention he well deserves. Give him some scritchies from me next time he comes around.