PDA

View Full Version : We caught him...

PayItForward
10-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Mr Stray turned up tonight :) with a bloody eyelid and stratches :(

Poor Baby.....He was half blinking his eye, like it bothered him, so I caught him and carried him into our spare room.

He was so gentle with me just a little growl.

We were going to wait until I got paid until catching him & getting him netured but he needs to see the vet about his eye, so Stevie is going to take him in tomorrow.

We'll just have to eat bread & butter for a couple of weeks ;)

RedHedd
10-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Aw Mr. Stray found a good meowmie!

slick
10-02-2003, 04:19 PM
That's wonderful news.:) :) I sure hope the eyelid can be fixed. Please keep us updated.

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I have always loved bread and butter! OOOHHHH good luck, and prayers to you guys.

PayItForward
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Aw Mr. Stray found a good meowmie!
Sadly not.

He might* be owned by a nasty lady down the street so sadly, after treatment for his eye and his little operation (Neutering), we'll have to release him to go home.

It is a bit worrying that he comes to us when he is hurt, instead of home.

I think I'll print a photo of him and take it to my nice neighbour and see if Mr Stray is a real stray or not.

* as we aren't sure ;) we can get him treated with a clear heart

PayItForward
10-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I have always loved bread and butter!
Same here...Picture Homemade Bread cut thickly spread with real butter and served with a crisp cold glass of milk. Mmmm

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Mr Stray turned up tonight :)
with a bloody eyelid and stratches :(

Poor Baby...
He was so gentle with me - just a little growl.

... so Stevie is going to take him in tomorrow.

We'll just have to eat bread & butter for a couple of weeks
;)

"Bread & Butter" is gud. :rolleyes:

Maybe Mr. Stray will share summa his Krunchies wiff ya. :p

As for "worrying" about Nasty Lady -
I think I'd set him up with Food & Shelter at YOUR house!
Let her come Looking for Him!

rg_girlca
10-02-2003, 05:42 PM
I pray that Mr. Stray will be okay and that he doesn't belong to that nasty lady.

kimlovescats
10-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Fantastic news!!! Hope he gets a good report at the vets!

TheAntiPam
10-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Same here...Picture Homemade Bread cut thickly spread with real butter and served with a crisp cold glass of milk. Mmmm

Don't forget some great jam or preserves....YUMMMM!!!

I am sure Mr. Stray found just the place he needs - one full of love!

K & L
10-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Yippeee...hopefully neutering him will help him not get into fights and hurt. Keep us posted.

jenluckenbach
10-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Mr Stray may not have found a new mommie, but he did find a couple of angels. Do you know anyone looking for a cat? Maybe if he just did not go home one day the nasty lady would not even notice.;)

BastetsMum
10-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Thats good news you caught him, if he is a stray are you going to keep the name? I think Mr Stray suits him to a tee :)

catlover4ever
10-03-2003, 07:51 AM
I have a feeling that Mr. Stray will like your place much better than being with the nasty lady down the street. He sure did find a couple of angels.

Samantha Puppy
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
I agree with what some others have said - let Mr. Stray's owners come looking for him. He knows where to come for help and food and some affection and those are the makings of a home. Is there no way you can keep him after you're willing to spend so much money getting him fixed up and neutered?

catmandu
10-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Mr Stray sound a lot like the fearl Scrappy 2 , who also has eye problems! Maybe due to an altercation withother Cats! We are praying for Mr. Stray and Scrappy 2 to get better! Lost Hotel Cats.

ramanth
10-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Awww! I hope he feels better soon!

Concerning him "belonging" to that Nasty Lady... I don't know about there, but here, possession is 9/10ths of the law. ;) :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Bless you for doing so much for a cat that isn;t even "yours" (yet)!!!! Hope everything works out for the best - Maybe you will find that Mr Stray "knows which side HIS bread is buttered on" and takes the decision out of your hands!

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm so glad that you caught Mr. Stray.:) Too bad his eye is hurt. I hope he gets better soon. I also agree that his owner should come and find him. If he does belong to the nasty lady, she sure doesn't seem to care about him and doesn't deserve to own a sweet cat like him. Please keep us updated.