PDA

View Full Version : freaky small accident in my home.........

carole
10-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Last night as I was preparing dinner, I heard this almight thump, it was like a huge noise, it came from the laundry, the wall backs onto the kitchen, I got such a fright. I was scared to find out what had happenend.

My almost brand new clothes dryer, which is positioned above the washing machine, had a confrontation with the wall, it had fallen off and come crashing down, putting two lovely big holes in the wall, also chipping the washing machine as it came down.

I was so worried the clothes dryer was not going to work again, however luck would have it, it does, and there is no damage to the dryer, outside or inside.

PHEW we were so darn lucky, one that no-one was walking past at the time, or my beloved cats were no where near as well.

There is a blessing in disguise here, I have wanted the laundry re-decorated for ages, as we have done most of the house except that room and the computer room, it still has the 20yr old wallpaper YUCK, so now I told hubby he has to fix it up and we will paint it.

Now Hubby is very good at building etc etc, but he sure stuffed up putting the dryer up, however it should not really have happened , it was very secure, just one of those not so nice freaky accidents I guess.

ramanth
10-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Gracious! Lucky indeed that noone was hurt (human or feline).

I was doing laundry at my parents last week and I heard this loud thump coming from downstairs.

Thinking my mom had fallen, I ran downstairs to find the washing machine had shifted! :eek:

Mom packed it too full of jeans. :rolleyes: :o

(Of course she does what she tells me not to do. ;) )

PayItForward
10-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Thank god, that noone was hurt...and you get to decorate even better :D

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 03:04 PM
WOW. That would have scared the pants right off of me! Thank goodness no one was hurt.

dukedogsmom
10-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Would have scared me, too. Now you finally get your remodeling!

gini
10-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Carole, I hate noises like that. I dread going into the room to find out what happened.

This must have frightened you badly. It would have scared me.

But thank God no one was hurt.